Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Joker's Jinx Strands 24 Riders

Joker's Jinx Strands 24 Riders

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 10th, 2014, 9:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,343.00 Points
Bank: 826.00 Points
UPPER MARLBORO, Md. (WJLA/AP) -Authorities say 24 people stranded on a roller coaster have been rescued from near the top of the ride at Six Flags America in Maryland.

Prince George's County Fire officials say it took about five hours Sunday to rescue 17 adults and seven children from The Joker's Jinx roller coaster.

Assistant Fire Chief Paul Gomez says the riders were sitting upright. A few had cramps, back pain and dehydration, but there were no major injuries.

Six Flags' website says the ride goes 60 miles per hour and goes upside down four times.
Six Flags issued a statement Sunday saying, ??????The ride has a sophisticated, computerized safety system that can cause such ride stoppages. While we are not yet sure what caused the stoppage, the ride performed as it is designed to.??????
The ride will remained closed pending an investigation and safety review, Six Flags says.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/08/si ... z3A3CLCxJl
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

Post August 10th, 2014, 9:49 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Lol stopping in that turn is not "what it's designed to do" but sure.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post August 10th, 2014, 9:51 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
"The ride has a sophisticated, computerized safety system that can cause such ride stoppages. While we are not yet sure what caused the stoppage, the ride performed as it is designed to."

It's not supposed to stop there nor is it possible to manually stop it there. The train is at an angle, there are no brakes, and there are no platforms or stairs. I hate Six Flags.

Post August 10th, 2014, 10:56 pm

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
^
Are you serious?!
Why do you hate six flags? Every park has it's little incidents, ceder point has had a ton in the last couple of seasons, yet I never hear anyone saying the hate cedar point! Employees fighting, breakdown, boats flipping over, swing rides snaping, dude every park has problems. No one died, the train simply stalled.
What's up with this hatred of six flags parks? Is it just because they put the name "Six flags" in all their parks, so you think of every six flags parks problems instead of that specific park? Why do people hate six flags?

Post August 10th, 2014, 11:03 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,552.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Sucks they were there for hours :(
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post August 10th, 2014, 11:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
Ahem.
Pros and cons of six flags
Pros
- Fun park
-Some extreme rides

Cons
-Terrible Security
-Rides breakdown more than Chris Brown beats women.
-Any new rides would be open for half the day on opening day, then be closed for half the summer due to problems.
-Over Price everything
-Give all the big parks fun rides, while giving the smaller ones boomerangs and shitty kid rides.
-Usually attracts a bad community (I've gone to six flags and almost every time I go I can catch someone sniffing, If you know what I mean)
-Terrible queue flow on ANY ride
-Retarded unprofessional staff that tend to break any ride they touch
-Gold Pass Scam (Read more about it below)
-Terrible food
-Event's suck (Fright Fest, mainly)
-Buggy Systems that tend to break down, resulting in more scam-like situations.
-When a ride breaks down, people are stranded for hours upon hours..
-People have f*cking died because the staff were that stupid (Texas)

Yeah, that's all I could think up right now, and onto the whole gold-pass scam thing.. Atleast at six flags new england, it's a major scam. If you have a regular season pass, gold or not. You show it to the guy and they let you in early, we have gold pass, but we have also had friends who haven't, and they would get right in with us, aswell as people without passes at all sneaking in. They don't care, whether your pass says golden or not, if you show it to them, you can go through. Its a huge waste of money and I recommend you DON'T get it. It may be more secure in the future, but as of now, it is very cheap and basically a scam.

Post August 10th, 2014, 11:39 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Helo9797, notice how my post was about the quotation of the statement made by Six Flags.

It should take a coaster enthusiast half of a breath to realize it's not supposed to stop there and they're totally bullsh!tting that lie about correct operation. It should take a general public member between 10 minutes and a few hours to realize it's also not supposed to stop there because there is an entire crew with a cherry picker getting people down one by one.

I am well aware that other parks also have incidents.

Post August 11th, 2014, 1:30 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Ugh, way to go Six Flags, another fake cover up just like the Nitro "Power Outage".

Post August 11th, 2014, 1:22 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Rides randomly lose power all the time at your beloved CP.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post August 13th, 2014, 11:04 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points

Post August 18th, 2014, 8:01 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Rides randomly lose power all the time at your beloved CP.

Just like last night :P

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!