Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Kennywood 2018 - Log Jammer Closing!

Kennywood 2018 - Log Jammer Closing!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum


Posts: 5999
Points on hand: 8,664.00 Points
Location: Minnesota, USA
Officially intrigued. Phantom and Sky Rocket look really fantastic but I've felt like Kennywood is just one spotlight coaster away from being what it is supposed to be. I'm on board with the Intamin semi-shuttle theory.
1-Skyrush | 2-Fury 325 | 3-Iron Rattler
4-X2 | 5-Millennium Force | 6-Kingda Ka
7-Voyage | 8-Maverick | 9-El Toro | 10-Diamondback
135


Posts: 281
Points on hand: 1,973.00 Points
here's a good video showing of the laided footers as well as markings for other footers in the area:



A few more things i forgot to mention earlier is that one of the launches will be in the former railroad shed and this will be the parks largest investment to date.

Post June 8th, 2018, 11:31 am

Posts: 1410
Points on hand: 5,120.54 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Location: SW Pennsylvania

the h y p e i s r e a l
Image

I'll hopefully be making a trip to the park sometime this summer, probably closer to July/August. The last thing will be scratched off on Aug 2nd since there's 9 of them, guessing that's when the announcement will be. So excited for this! Will definitely try to get some good construction photos whenever that rolls around.

Post June 9th, 2018, 10:40 am

Posts: 72
Points on hand: 538.00 Points
I saw something (idk if they were just trolling) but at some coaster event there was something from Kennywood with a picture of a raptor, a dinosaur (T-Rex), and a hybrid car (hybrid), above them said “what’s NOT coming to Kennywood next year”, so either they are either trying to troll enthusiasts and throw us off, or it could have been a fake (I only saw it one place, so IDK how reliable it is) or they’re eluding to an RMC ground up wooden coaster. Just throwing that out there. Maybe the multi-launch theory could mean a double launched Lightning Rod-esque ride? Never ridden Lightning Rod, but it looks awesome, and I'd love to see a multi-launched RMC, that would be cool.
Also, I was at the park the other day and I saw the continued construction, there are some interestingly placed footers and the fact it's going over water like that may disprove the RMC woodie theory due to the way the footers are laid out, but can't say that wouldn't be incredible

Post June 9th, 2018, 10:47 am

Posts: 281
Points on hand: 1,973.00 Points
smartguy86 wrote:
I saw something (idk if they were just trolling) but at some coaster event there was something from Kennywood with a picture of a raptor, a dinosaur (T-Rex), and a hybrid car (hybrid), above them said “what’s NOT coming to Kennywood next year”, so either they are either trying to troll enthusiasts and throw us off, or it could have been a fake (I only saw it one place, so IDK how reliable it is) or they’re eluding to an RMC ground up wooden coaster. Just throwing that out there.


This is the image in question:

Image

Source: http://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/ ... 475/page-2


Posts: 72
Points on hand: 538.00 Points
Traintastic26 wrote:
smartguy86 wrote:
I saw something (idk if they were just trolling) but at some coaster event there was something from Kennywood with a picture of a raptor, a dinosaur (T-Rex), and a hybrid car (hybrid), above them said “what’s NOT coming to Kennywood next year”, so either they are either trying to troll enthusiasts and throw us off, or it could have been a fake (I only saw it one place, so IDK how reliable it is) or they’re eluding to an RMC ground up wooden coaster. Just throwing that out there.


This is the image in question:

Image

Source: http://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/ ... 475/page-2


One of the best teasers/trolls I've ever seen, right up there with Really More Coming and almost any Cedar Point teaser

Post June 10th, 2018, 8:31 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Posts: 12108
Points on hand: 7,411.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Location: Illinois, USA
Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being the park's first B&M or something along those lines. They have plenty of wooden rides and now they have the Premier launcher that checks off alot of other variety boxes.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 10th, 2018, 7:36 pm

Posts: 72
Points on hand: 538.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being the park's first B&M or something along those lines. They have plenty of wooden rides and now they have the Premier launcher that checks off alot of other variety boxes.


Well, I mean a modern wooden coaster is something they lack, but at the same time, I think a B&M Invert or Flyer would compliment their lineup well.

Post June 12th, 2018, 8:38 pm

Posts: 8121
Points on hand: 13,358.00 Points
^^^ That red car is NOT 'Ferrari 355' that'll make us think of a high speed coaster, unfortunately... :roll:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post June 14th, 2018, 8:45 am

Posts: 281
Points on hand: 1,973.00 Points

Post June 14th, 2018, 10:09 am

Posts: 3107
Points on hand: 2,304.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Likely either 3 launches, or 3 inversions. If it's 3 launches, it could be one of those shuttle launches that changes to a full circuit ride like the one or two in China.

Post June 14th, 2018, 1:08 pm

Posts: 1967
Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 7,218.00 Points
Location: sheffield, UK
So far:

197, 3

(Will update this as each number is revealed)

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post