Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Launched X-car for Drievliet Amusement Park

Launched X-car for Drievliet Amusement Park

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
Information can be found here: http://rcdb.com/document213.htm

To give a brief idea of what this extremely compact and diversified track design with Launch effect has on offer: right after the station passengers find themselves propelled in a rocket-like manner. The launch is achieved by an LSM drive (Linear Synchronous Motor), whereby an acceleration of some 65 km per hour is reached within the shortest time, thanks to its high degree of efficiency. This is immediately followed by an extremely compact special loop which leads directly into an Immelmann. A sharp Camelback offering high levels of airtime gets passengers to dream of weightlessness, with the next sensational inverted element already waiting for them: a half cuban eight with subsequent heartroll. The fascinating ride ends with a high-banked steep curve right before entering the station. Given this density of ride elements to experience, the compact appearance of the first X-Car Launch Coaster is all the more surprising.

The rest of the information can be found here: http://rcdb.com/document213.htm

Pics

Image Insert:
99.04 KB

Image Insert:
97.25 KB
Last edited by yoshifreak on July 1st, 2006, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post July 1st, 2006, 12:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Theres no half cuban eight...its like an entrance to a corkscrew that exits with a roll. At best its half-cork-half-roll.

They do love using the Cuban Eight term alot though...just the same element as the Immelman/Dive loop.

Post July 1st, 2006, 2:08 pm

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

I agree, Maurer use that name for far too many different elements. just about any inversion or overbank that isn't a vertical loop or a heartline roll they'll call some sort of cuban eight.

Post July 6th, 2006, 10:23 am

Points on hand: 3,261.00 Points
i have to take a visit soon to drievliet.
i life 10 min walking from it so i maby can make some pic's

Post July 6th, 2006, 11:07 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

The banking on that rendering looks pretty bad, hopefully that's not present on the real ride. Looks cool though.

Post July 6th, 2006, 11:11 am

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points

Return to General Theme Park Discussions