Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Moonsault Scramble!

Moonsault Scramble!

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post February 11th, 2012, 11:42 am

Points on hand: 1,015.00 Points
Alright, thank you and how do you figure that my shapng is off? Seriously if it needs to be fixed Ill need to know what's wrong.
YES!

Post February 11th, 2012, 1:20 pm

Points on hand: 90.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
^^Do remember that Moonsault's real shaping is pretty bad too.

Post February 11th, 2012, 1:31 pm

Thank You A.J. I still really need a black face remover please!
YES!

Post February 11th, 2012, 1:31 pm

Points on hand: 6,842.00 Points
there has to be a more respectful way to tell him that he's doing something wrong or that something is off. some of you guys are just down right rude. . .but i do agree with 4dfan, you should finish trackwork and support structuring before you start on 3ds. the structure on the pretzel knot is too wide spread. compare it to the picture thats on here and bring it in some. . .you're doing good, keep it up!

Post February 11th, 2012, 1:44 pm

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
http://coastercrazy.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26631

Removes the black face, but it then it removes the face all together!

Just make two concurent faces in sketch up before doing that.

Post February 11th, 2012, 1:48 pm

^Whawhawhat! English Please! I know I am pretty good at .3ds but I don't know jack about it. Here are some screenshots of the station and ramp in sketchup.

Image Insert:
77.96 KB

Image Insert:
65.76 KB

And thank you guys for sticking up for me :) I am glad that you are all so supportive.
YES!

Post February 11th, 2012, 2:06 pm

Post February 11th, 2012, 3:35 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Originally posted by Tetsu

Uhm, delete System32 and throw your laptop/computer out of a window.

.... Also, don't listen to NightwindElf. Just use the "prt sc" key and paste it into paint. You can actually make circles, instead of shitty handmade circles.

Remember this topic?

http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/topic ... C_ID=27059

These remarks fall into that area of rudeness. Either help the guy out or dont post. Strike one.

PS: As far as I can see your little banner in your signature is against site rules. As far as I can see you not in the groups allowed to have an image in the signature area.

Oh yeah, because I'm sure
This mission was delivered to me straight from the God of coasters (who at the time was on a vacation back in time to Mount Fuji in 1990) I have recieved this message which tells me "You are an exceptional bird and one who needs to recreate....MOONSAULT SCRAMBLE!"
is very wanted.

PS:I'm a premium member. I donated sometime back in January, Oscar just never fully upgraded my account. But I like how you call me out for it, but not RoadRunner88.

Buuuuuuuuuuut, I guess I can say a few words. All trolling aside, the trackwork isn't half bad.

Post February 11th, 2012, 3:48 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I've only got one or two suggestions, and neither of them are about the track work since as far as I can tell that part looks pretty solid. First: only put double-sided faces where you need double-sided faces, and nowhere else. If anything, that's a good practice in larger 3ds projects. Second: Separate what you can into multiple 3ds files. Again, it's a good practice in large projects and you might as well get used to it. Third: Finish all of your track work before starting on 3ds or supports. Once you have your 3ds done, changing track work is a BITCH because you then have to change 2 things.

Post February 12th, 2012, 2:19 am

Thank you all for the comments and support! Tommorrow you can expect a major update chronicling everything from the cleaning up of the Pretzel Knot to the finalization of track-work completion of the skating rink and lastly the start of the supports! In future updates you can expect a Mount Fuji skybox environment and addition of flat rides a-la CoasterSims Park Pack. Thank you and see you tommorrow!
YES!

Post February 12th, 2012, 2:32 am

Are you going to stay accurate to the actual environment with the flat rides?

Post February 12th, 2012, 2:35 am

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
if you need any one to test it and give good comments on what to fix and what to keep, let me know.. (pm me)

this looks really good so far,
im loving the pretzel loop, always has been one of my favorites, wish they had put it onto a full circuit coaster

Post February 12th, 2012, 2:36 am

Yes, agreed I will also definetely let you test this baby! I am glad you like it my mission is to make this one of if not the most accurate recreation of any shuttle/ride out there!

Edit: Yes to some extent I will try to accurately place the flats if I can find some more good pictures of the surrounding area but do not be surprised if the flats are just ParkPack object placed strategically around the coaster. For this project I just want the immediate coaster and area to be perfect anything outside there is just hopeful but I would like it to be accurate if at all possible. Sorry about the long answer to you short question.
YES!

Post February 12th, 2012, 10:02 am

DOUBLE POST ALERT! However this double-post is in the name of progress!

I have been working tirelessly on this project for about a 3.5-4 days before I even announced it. I have been designing .3ds scenery, track-working and more and it's starting to look like an actual ride! I am so happy. In these pictures you will see the completed trackwork, the (fully supported) Pretzel Knot, the beggining of supporting on the 1st spike and my favorite part...The Ice Rink!

Image Insert:
157.91 KB

Image Insert:
92.84 KB
For a good comparison so you don't have to flip pages.

Image Insert:
126.98 KB

Image Insert:
229.42 KB

Image Insert:
114.99 KB
Things to look for in future updates: Completed supporting, non black faced station, custom car-texture, surrounding scenery (flat rides a-la CoasterSims ParkPack) and down the line a comparo P.O.V.
As usaul constructive critiscm is welcomed and if you wish to test than please send me a private message. Thanks :)
YES!

Post February 12th, 2012, 10:53 am

Points on hand: 829.00 Points

http://www.sanoyas-leisure.com/rc/rc003drw.jpg
I would change the shaping of the spikes al little bit, your spike get to steep at the end to soon. if you get what i mean

Post February 12th, 2012, 11:07 am

Yeah, I see what you mean, however the train never reaches that point of the track so it's okay the really steep parts are just for show but I am very glad you viewed this thread, what do you think of the Pretzel Shaping?
Edit: Spikes have been fixed
YES!

Post February 12th, 2012, 1:25 pm

Points on hand: 829.00 Points

Shaping looks ok, but the track towards the pretzel is flowing on your version, while the real one is more straight on those places

Post February 12th, 2012, 1:30 pm

If you're trying to go for most accurate recreation, you should fix the pretzel supports a little bit. The real supports look a little more circular rather than elliptical. The tree should be a fir type. And the "blocky" supports that hold the bottom of the eye shape, should be a little bit taller.

Post February 12th, 2012, 2:33 pm

Okay, thanks man I might end up changing that stuff but for now it looks great to me.
And on that note it is time for an update!
In these pics you can see that I have fixed the spikes and fully supported them.
Now all that remains unsupported are the straight segments between the Pretzel and the 2nd Spike.

Image Insert:
155.76 KB

Image Insert:
149.94 KB

Image Insert:
142.61 KB

Image Insert:
154.94 KB

Also I am very luck to have NightWindElf and 4dfan working on the black faces and testing/car-texture respectively. If anyone else would like to inquire about testing please P.M. me. As usual constructive critiscm is welcome.

PS: Some pictures of this ride show a more elypsed support while others showed a more curved one, I decided to do it like the elypse because it worked better in relationship to the .3ds. Thank you for reading my topic.
YES!

Post February 13th, 2012, 6:57 pm

Points on hand: 636.00 Points
I would follow that preztel thing, forget what it's called, with a bigger support tube on the middle of the track. You'll notice on the real one it gets bigger to deal with the forces that are on the element. Also, I think the white middle rail on the track is white for to long.
Friendship is like peeing. Everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

Post February 13th, 2012, 7:46 pm

Phew, I am glad those are your only complaints ;)and I will fix those but now it is time for an UPDATE!
While this thread has been quite for a while I am back with some big news!
1st off, the station and que ramp have been completely de-blackfaced! As if that wasn't enough our very own 4dfan went above and beyond the call of duty by creating on of the best car-textures I ever seen! This thing has japanese writing all over the place andeven has a rusty floor. Hat's off to both NightWindElf and 4dfan for there amazing work and a big thank you to highthrill123 for testing this project! So without further or-due here are the pictures! NOTE: This is a temporary environment and a Mount Fuji one is in the works.

Image Insert:
140.95 KB
^Properly textured station :)

Image Insert:
211.7 KB
^Just one of my favorite shot's that I thought I'd share.

Image Insert:
120.45 KB
View of Pretzel & Station from park benches.

Image Insert:
147.22 KB
Shot, chronicling new station and fully supported track.

Image Insert:
113.63 KB
4dfan's car-texture :)

Image Insert:
138.77 KB
Personal favorite shot, chronicling the other rides in the park next to Moonsault Scramble

Image Insert:
124.93 KB
A funny little easter-egg I put in that I thought y'all might like :)

As usual, constuctive critiscm please. :)
YES!

Post February 13th, 2012, 8:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,211.00 Points
Well the shaping is a bit off on the inversion part, i think it was mentioned above that the lead in and lead out should be kinda straightened. Other than that though man this looks awesome. Thanks for doing a recreation of this ride! I cant wait to see the final video. Keep up the awesome work!

Post February 14th, 2012, 9:24 am

I know that this is a complete double post and I am sorry but it is urgent that I learn how to create a custom environment. I know that there is something to do with wordpad and 5-6 different pictures but I have not the slightest idea how to go about creating an environment. I have my 5 pictures ready so I'd anybody wants to help me out here that would be GREATLY appreciated. Please give me a rundown on how to create an environment. Thanks :)
YES!

Post February 14th, 2012, 7:28 pm

Double Post Alert!
I need help trying to save my environment as when I do it wont let me save it! Rather than giving me the option to save it says open. As seen in this picture I need help please.

Image Insert:
66.45 KB
YES!

Post February 14th, 2012, 8:32 pm

If you're having problems with that you could always go get the infamous skyboxer here http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/toolbox

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area