Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Moreys Piers building Runaway Tram in 2019 (Family Coaster)

Moreys Piers building Runaway Tram in 2019 (Family Coaster)

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
Coming to Morey???s Piers in 2019 (for their 50th anniversary) is a family coaster called Runaway Tram. Themed to one of the beach trams gone wild, it???s the first ever coaster by Jack Rouse Associates out of Cincinnati, Ohio. Renderings are in the link below. Going on the Surfside Pier, it is replacing Doo Wopper (Which will be relocated), a basketball game, and Flitzer.

LINK TO NEWS: http://wildwoodvideoarchive.com/moreys- ... away-tram/

It also has a page on RCDB
Last edited by Kw6sTheater on November 15th, 2018, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Points on hand: 662.00 Points
This is pretty hilarious. I have been wondering for a while if moreys was going to make a tram car themed roller coaster :lol:

kydcoaster wrote:
This is pretty hilarious. I have been wondering for a while if moreys was going to make a tram car themed roller coaster :lol:

EDIT: Now I understand why this is so revelant to those who have visited the Piers!
Last edited by Kw6sTheater on May 2nd, 2019, 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Looks like a good coaster for kids and families who are intimidated by Great White. *Looks* smooth, will be fun and won't be too crazy. If everything was done for enthusiasts, there would be no amusement business left for enthusiasts to enjoy.

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Kw6s, you need to be banned, or at minimum restricted from posting in the Theme Park News & Construction forum. You are constantly spouting wild, unfounded, fantastical rumors ("cross-pier GCI, or perhaps something cool from S&S or Gerstlauer or Premier or even a Gravity Group"). This is a template example of how not to present a new ride construction topic. We don't care if it's not a pleasant surprise for you. It should be presented with facts, reference links, and without your opinion. How insulting to open your topic with "so yeah dudes, you thought Moreys Piers was building something actually interesting in 2019". Your topics are not necessary as we have a few members whose jobs it is to post news of new attractions and construction updates; Paradox for example.
Last edited by tiepilot35 on November 15th, 2018, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

It???s edited tiepilot. I apologize for posting with a negative outlook, as I let my expectations get the better of me this time.
Last edited by Kw6sTheater on May 2nd, 2019, 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Out of 139 creds

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
If you have ever been to Wildwood you would know how perfect this is. I haven't been there since I was 13 and I can still hear "Watch the tram car please" This coaster is absolutely perfect for them. On another note while that cross pier GCI would be wonderful, I doubt they will ever try it because of the dangers of storms like Sandy. I'm also pretty sure parts of the beach are eroding so building on sand is probably not in the best interests of anyone.
What are these for?

When do you think Morey???s Piers will build something a bit more expansive than a family-oriented coaster, and what could it be?
Last edited by Kw6sTheater on May 2nd, 2019, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Out of 139 creds

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
If you want the creds then the excuse is already there?
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

A custom-designed thrill coaster would be most intriguing to me.
Last edited by Kw6sTheater on May 2nd, 2019, 9:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Out of 139 creds

They do have unique rides. A custom SLC that was retacked and now is one of the smoothest SLC's in the world. Don't forget that it intertwines with a waterpark and a log flume. They have a log flume that goes under the boardwalk. Something you rarely see, and it has steep drops and great forces. They also have a world renound CCI hybrid woodie that also starts under the boardwalk, and has a great ride experience. Especially since its been retracked as well! And you can't leave out that they have a lap bar gryo swing :o

Well, I???d enjoy a reason to visit the park ??? a modern steel coaster might pique my interest more. I know Morey???s Piers is insanely compact, which intrigues my obsession with layered amusement parks; however, I don???t believe a visit to this park is in my future plans.
Last edited by Kw6sTheater on May 2nd, 2019, 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Out of 139 creds

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
I don't get the dislike for this ride...it looks like a decent junior coaster that will do a good job of replacing the Flitzer. Yes, it's perhaps a little tamer than Flitzer was, but still a nearly perfect fit for the park. That said, I'll be extremely disappointed if "watch the tram car please" is not incorporated into the ride audio in some way.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Kw6sTheater wrote:
Well i want to make the visit worth it, like a modern steel cred. I know moreys is insanely compact which intrigues my fetish for cramped parks but i want to ride a new THRILL coaster not some family coasters

Sad enough that will be a long time from now. Moreys has their 3 big coasters and that is more than what you will see at an American seaside pier. They're goal is focusing on rides for everyone of all ages. Would I like to see sea serpant be removed and replaced with a sky rocket II or a launched el loco? Heck yes, but until the park gains enough revenue and has room for a major coaster, they will keep adding family additions and thrilling flat rides to accommodate everyone and draw in that profitable crowd.

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points
Some new angles of the coaster:

It's also been confirmed that this is a Zierer Force Coaster. Kinda obvious since the layout is a clone of the Flying Eagle at Legoland Billund.

Source: https://www.moreyspiers.com/runawaytram

I thought that layout shared some resemblance with the one of another family coaster???s! Still, I???m holding out my visit until that cross-pier GCI or a larger coaster comes.
Last edited by Kw6sTheater on May 2nd, 2019, 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Out of 139 creds

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I like the sign on this thing. Also it looks decent for what it is.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

I never realized that this was the same layout as Flying Eagle! Oddly enough I love the swishy motions of the straight sections, as it should add some variety to the out-and-back style layout.

Out of 139 creds

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points

gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

It's a mirrored version of Flight School at Tayto Park, and I assume other places. I only say that because I rode that last week, and it was actually a surprisingly forceful little coaster, considering it's a family attraction.

Points on hand: 1,187.00 Points
Rode this yesterday and it's a really fun ride! Glossy smooth and fairly intense for a family coaster! You even get a cool pop of airtime after the first drop. Also, it's the best looking coaster on the boardwalk. They did a great job with this ride, it's a lot of fun!

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!