Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions New Thorpe Park Opening Times

New Thorpe Park Opening Times

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post January 28th, 2007, 3:04 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

http://www.thorpepark.com/planning_your ... .asp?css=2

Good news for all Thorpe Park fans. Thorpe Park open Febuary 10th is is open all year long. The park is even opening till late in the summer, rather than the usual 6 o clock closing times.

Goes to show that Thorpe Park is expanding, and with all the extra money they will pull in with extended work hours, they must surely be planning something big

Post January 29th, 2007, 12:48 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Good to see some brittish park expanding the opening times. It always seemed kind of absurd to me how early they closed. And Thorpe is a pretty good park[:)]
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post January 29th, 2007, 4:55 pm

Points on hand: 89.00 Points

This is a really positive move, plus check out the winter opening times for next year, they're open till 9.00pm in December!! I wouldn't have expected that in the UK.

Post January 30th, 2007, 5:28 am

Points on hand: 2,409.00 Points

Post January 30th, 2007, 6:57 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Good news for you guys. I know I personally enjoy having places like Knotts, Disneyland and SFMM open up all year, especially knotts since I live so close to it.[:)]

Post January 30th, 2007, 7:10 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

this is awsome cuz the trip[ dates to be here by the end of the week will take this park in end of febuary/ begining of march, december and august
Making screams come true

Post January 30th, 2007, 10:28 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
It's really cool, this news! I always thought it to be so out of this world when parks were open in the Winter, but seeing how much snow we have in South Eastern Minnesota, I'd consider completely possible to open Valleyfair...but with Renegade going on and all the crap around the park...*fantasizes about May 12th, the day I get to ride...

Anyway, I always knew Thorpe Park as a big park name, but then got to know it a little better. Still a really cool park it seems like, but an addition you say they must be planning? I think a nice roller coaster would do nice to favor a park with only four good rides. Really cool to hear the news!
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post February 10th, 2007, 1:41 pm

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
Bank: 10.00 Points

Thorpe Park welcomes you to the 2007 season...

...and what a poor start it was [B)]

A simple calculation:

1st ride closed

+

2nd ride closed

+

3rd/4th rides closed

+

5th ride closed

+

6th ride closed

+

7th ride closed

+

8th ride closed

=

A big queue at Guest Services

And to close, a picture of ride themeing chucked in a bush [V]

Post February 13th, 2007, 2:38 pm

To sum it up, the only reason to go there was Stealth, which after what I've heard rode pretty good [:)] Are you one of the ECC guys who went?

Post February 13th, 2007, 4:36 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Wow that is a crap load of rides closed. Good thing I can't go there.. And you guys are lucky that live by Cali parks because in Ohio and Michigan the parks, as expected, are not open all year.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post February 13th, 2007, 4:39 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

looks like when we went last year., thank god they gave us free tickets
Making screams come true

Post February 16th, 2007, 6:25 pm

Points on hand: 1,966.00 Points
Who can be sure about the time the pictures were taken? [:-)] exactly, no one [;-)]

Post February 16th, 2007, 6:44 pm

I have heard from a lot of people that most of the rides where down, so there is no reason to doubt dragon2000. And a lot of rides down is expected when they open this early.

Post February 16th, 2007, 7:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
How is a B&M closed? They better be doing some serious repairs to it or some serious rehab (same thing) because theres no reason a B&M like that shouldnt be running day in and day out.

Post February 17th, 2007, 5:00 pm

Yeah it is kind of strange to find Nemesis Inferno running, especially with Stealth open[;)] I don't know, but I've heard they where doing some changes to the que system or something like that. Maybe that is the reason?

Post February 17th, 2007, 6:08 pm

Originally posted by ivannovitch

Who can be sure about the time the pictures were taken? [:-)] exactly, no one [;-)]

Erm...me? I was there...

You only need to check http://www.thorpepark.com/ for ride availability.

Originally posted by Real
How is a B&M closed? They better be doing some serious repairs to it or some serious rehab (same thing) because theres no reason a B&M like that shouldnt be running day in and day out.

I believe a bit of track work had to be done, similar to that which is carried out on Nemesis at Alton most years.

EDIT: Just been informed that NemInf should be reopening next weekend, to make up for the closure of X:/NWO - for its rehad until mid-march.

Originally posted by Nosferatu
I don't know, but I've heard they where doing some changes to the que system or something like that. Maybe that is the reason?

I do know that new netting is going up around the park, on various rides, due to increased H&S.

Post February 17th, 2007, 6:10 pm

And they are getting rid of the Single Rider Que. But when thinking about it, that wouldn't require any work on NI, since the SRQ is the exit path.

Post February 17th, 2007, 6:15 pm

Yep, single rider on Flying Fish & Stealth only this year.

SRQ may fill up empty seats but in practice it tends not to actually reduce queue time/increase capacity.

Again, new H&S regs say frown on the use of exit paths for SRQ. As I'm sure any previous visitor has seen - NI's eexit path is pretty narrow!

Post February 18th, 2007, 7:36 am

I don't understand why they don't build a designated SRQ, as they did on Nemesis. It's really frustrating seeing empty seats on rides.

And why do they have SRQ on Flying Fish? It must be one of the smallest coasters in the world with a SRQ[;)]

Return to General Theme Park Discussions