Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Dubai- Coming in 2019

Six Flags Dubai- Coming in 2019

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post May 3rd, 2016, 1:29 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE: SIX), the world???s largest regional theme park company, today released initial plans for Six Flags Dubai, which is scheduled to open in late 2019 in the second phase of the Dubai Parks and Resorts development initiative. Six Flags Dubai will feature record-breaking roller coasters, spectacular shows and interactive attractions synonymous with the Six Flags brand worldwide. Six Flags currently operates 18 parks across North America offering more than 830 rides, over 135 roller coasters, and dozens of shows that appeal to thrill-seekers of all ages including adults, teens, and families with children.

???Through this collaborative partnership with Dubai Parks and Resorts, we are excited to bring innovation, entertainment and unmatched thrills to the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC),??? said John Odum President of Six Flags International Development Co. ???As the largest regional theme park company in the world, we are dedicated to showcasing Six Flags Dubai as a world-class, one-of-a-kind theme park.???

Guests will enter and exit the park through an impressive, state-of-the-art promenade. The fully air-conditioned area will offer a VIP mezzanine, space for private and catered events, along with an assortment of retail and food locations including a signature bakery and deli. Guests will have access to three attractions from inside the plaza and the park???s signature roller coaster will encircle the entire promenade.

Six Flags Dubai will be the first dedicated thrill park in the GCC. The intricately-themed park, designed in partnership with FORREC, will feature 27 rides and attractions, including best-in-class roller coasters, soaring tower rides, thrilling water slides, out-of-this-world virtual reality experiences, and a next generation 4-D interactive dark ride. When the sun sets, the park will come alive with spectacular lights dancing in the nighttime sky.

Six Flags Dubai is scheduled to open in 2019 near the Lapita??? Hotel and Riverland??? Dubai.

Post May 3rd, 2016, 1:37 pm

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points

Post May 3rd, 2016, 2:03 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Let's see how quickly it dies out this time.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post May 3rd, 2016, 2:06 pm

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,018.00 Points

Post May 3rd, 2016, 2:14 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I spy a Mack Pulsar, RMC ground-up, weird long blue jetcoaster...?, a S&S free fly. Seems legit... It would be good if this actually pans out. They'd make a lot of money there I think.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post May 3rd, 2016, 2:23 pm

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
Only 2 big coasters at a six-flags park?
Taron>Helix get mad

Post May 3rd, 2016, 3:02 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
The RMC is a clone of Goliath at SFGAm.

I really doubt that this will happen. It's been teased and redone so many times it's not even viable at this point. The park was supposed to get a B&M Dive Machine and an El Toro (SFGADV) clone, but neither are represented here.

But then again who knows. I'm just a cynic.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post May 3rd, 2016, 3:19 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Lets see:
1. Goliath SFGAm clone
2. Pulsar clone
3. S&S freefly clone thing
4. Pandemonium gerstlauer spinner standard model
5. Some other thing that might not suck. No idea what it's supposed to be.
6. Giant air conditioned "try really hard to pretend we're not in a miserable desert that will be inhospitable to mammals from climate change" room.

Well done chaps. They really researched rectangle shaped rides well.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 3rd, 2016, 3:23 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Paradox wrote:
The RMC is a clone of Goliath at SFGAm.

I really doubt that this will happen. It's been teased and redone so many times it's not even viable at this point. The park was supposed to get a B&M Dive Machine and an El Toro (SFGADV) clone, but neither are represented here.

But then again who knows. I'm just a cynic.

This is part of Phase 2 of the Dubai Parks and Resorts complex thing. The one with 3 other parks being built right now. A little bit more feasible than being built on its own. For the record this is the 2nd piece of concept art...
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post May 3rd, 2016, 3:56 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
The blue one looks to me like an Intamin launched coaster with a non-inverting loop around the Six Flags sign.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post May 3rd, 2016, 7:38 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
They don't seem to be going to have any record-breaking coaster. ;)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post May 4th, 2016, 12:05 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
So this idea is finally continuing? I don't believe it until the first rides are being actually built
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post May 4th, 2016, 2:09 pm

Points on hand: 2,091.00 Points

The blue coaster in the front of the park looks interesting

Post May 4th, 2016, 2:13 pm

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points

Post May 4th, 2016, 5:43 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

six.PNG
six.PNG (27.63 KiB) Viewed 4986 times

I'll take "Things that make Six Flags Share Holders uneasy" for $1000 alex.

Post May 6th, 2016, 1:46 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Dirk_Ermen wrote:
So this idea is finally continuing? I don't believe it until the first rides are being actually built

Given Dubai's track record of half building things I don't believe it until people have been let in the park.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post May 6th, 2016, 6:14 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I'm still the pessimist that thinks Dubai has no future for anything. The oil money is drying up way faster than anyone anticipated, the area will be inhospitable to life in a few decades from climate change, and Dubai's overall total lack of planning/anything goes attitude is catching up to them with their terrible road layouts and the like. At least the skyscrapers aren't on septic tanks that get pumped daily anymore like they were in the early 2000's.
Last edited by Coasterkidmwm on May 6th, 2016, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 6th, 2016, 9:06 am

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
If anyone plans to go there IF the park ever gets off the ground, this video might serve as a much needed guide. #9 would encourage heatstroke among female park goers, and even in the waterpark, everyone would need to dress modestly.

EDIT: According to the comments, some of these aren't true.

Post May 7th, 2016, 5:05 pm

Points on hand: 671.00 Points
Dirk_Ermen wrote:

Same company's building Legoland Dubai, and from what I hear progress is finally going on that. So...who knows? :P

Post May 11th, 2016, 3:55 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Is that a Safari in the upper right of the park? :/

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!