Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Cedar Point 2018 - Steel Vengeance RMC Mean Streak

Cedar Point 2018 - Steel Vengeance RMC Mean Streak

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
Well if Screamscape is saying they've heard stuff, it might always be true so ill leave this here ;)

Regarding the rumored changes planned for Mean Streak... forget what I said last week. The plans have now only been green lit, but Screamscape sources tell us that RMC will be coming to The Point to transform Mean Streak into something bigger, faster and much meaner for the 2017 season. Typically this usually means that Mean Streak will close down before the end of the season so they can begin to work on it, but no wors on exactly when this will be. With this in mind, be sure to get your rides in now on Mean Streak, because you never know which ride may be y our last.

If you're wondering with what he said last week:
Is something going on with Mean Streak at Cedar Point, or is park management just playing mind games with the coaster enthusiasts? Coaster fans who visited The Point last weekend (May 21-22) spotted some pink paint markings and flags all around Mean Streak... including one interesting one that even said "RMC" on it. So does this mean RMC is working up plans to revamp Mean Streak for Cedar Point?
Not quite so fast!
Not only is it too early to jump the gun on that kind of assumption, but the blatant labeling of "RMC" is a bit too obvious in my opinion. Why? Because Cedar Point knows their coaster enthusiast fans all too well... and they've been known to play a prank or two, especially when they know a large number of them may be in town. For example, these markings were spotted last weekend when sister park, Kings Island, was hosting their own multi-day enthusiasts event. Also keep in mind that CoasterMania will be taking place at The Point this Friday. So I don't put it past them at all to leave a very obvious and probably misleading clue right out in the open.
In fact, they are even going out of their way to send their biggest fans over to Mean Streak to look for clues. A reader of ours took part in the first Sunrise Trills Tour several days ago (where they get to go to the top of Valravn's lift hill). During one part of the tour the guide mentions that these coaster fans should be sure to go over to Mean Streak to check out some kind of new early construction prep work taking place.
But back to that stake in the ground that says "RMC" on it, I believe that may be a huge red herring to throw everyone off track. Cedar Fair has done this before, as just such a tactic used at Carowinds back in July of 2011. In the grassy field in front of Intimidator they put several stakes in the ground that said, "Huss GF" on them. If memory serves, there was some kind of Coaster enthusiasts event at the park that week, which led to a ton of rumors that Carowinds would get a Huss Giant Frisbee for 2012. (You can find photos of this posted to TheCoasterCritic) About a week later all these stakes vanished and a new one was placed that said "GCI 2012", before it quickly vanished as well.
The park actually added a Windseeker in 2012 on a completely different location. Clearly the park was playing mind games with their fans, and I believe Cedar Point could be doing the same right now. Not that seeing Mean Streak get worked on for 2017 isn't a possibility... I just don't think it will be RMC.

Honestly I hope the Point does have an RMC redo of Mean Streak, but if its for 2017, would this be considered the only major coaster in the chain?......
Last edited by matthew6969 on November 8th, 2016, 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Post June 8th, 2016, 8:52 am

Points on hand: 609.00 Points

An RMC at Cedar Point would finish off the line up really well.

So names... Evil Streak, Wicked Streak, Throw-Your-Pants-Out-And-Go-Home-Early Streak?
it is I, your average at best hand builder, Chase
Goldensnake1 wrote:
Banned for agreeing with CG Coasters.

Post June 8th, 2016, 11:07 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
While I would definitely be in favor of an RMC'd Mean Streak, I doubt it is happening next year, they just got a new coaster this year (two years in a row if you count Rougarou).

Post June 8th, 2016, 11:19 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^^ Evil Streak must be a neat ride name like "Evil Knievel" (Now American Thunder.) :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post June 8th, 2016, 3:40 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Price definitely won't be an issue. The RMC redo will probably be under 20 mil right? Definitly a lot for a small park but not much for CP. Think back to 2000-2003, in that time span they built Milenium and dragster three years apart, both for 25 mil.(without inflation) The year before dragster they added Wicked Twister for 9 mill(again w/out inflation). Thats 59 mil. in 3 years, not counting anything else.
Gatekeeper was 25 mil also, however that is still cheaper than the other two cause inflation. Valravn I believe was only 15 mil, and from what I can tell rougarou was only a couple mil. If Evil Streak(it better be called that) is 20 mil that would total 62.

Adjust the amount spent on the Intamin rides (From 2003, so a little cheaper than it actually would be) it would be 76,719,559.78. So 62 million isn't very unreasonable, plus its spent over 4 years instead of 3.

Anyway I don't think it'll be the major Cedar Fair coaster for the year, on that presentation thingy there was a separate slot for renovations like this. Really hope this happens, but I'm not gonna get to excited yet.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post June 8th, 2016, 5:05 pm

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
CG Coasters wrote:

So names... Evil Streak, Wicked Streak, Throw-Your-Pants-Out-And-Go-Home-Early Streak?

-Diabolical Streak
-Blue Meanie (if they made the rails blue. Might go nicely with Blue Streak).
-The New Mean Streak (hope not)
-Twisted Streak
-Some kind of mythological or supernatural creature, not even remotely related to its current name

Post June 8th, 2016, 7:24 pm

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
My hunch is that Mean Streak will close after the 2016 season and be down all of 2017 for an I-Box conversion, reopening for opening weekend 2018. This would be the largest RMC conversion to date, and given that it took a year and a half to redo Texas Giant it is not unreasonable to think it may take a similar amount of time to redo Mean Streak. While 2017 would be possible, I highly doubt it given that Cedar Point has done coaster projects the past two years and so many other parks have more support for a 2017 coaster. I have heard that Cedar Fair does have three coaster projects for 2017, but I'm guessing those will be Kings Dominion and two of these three: Canada's Wonderland, Kings Island, and Worlds of Fun. Either Mean Streak is 2018 or only one of those three is getting a coaster next year.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Post June 8th, 2016, 7:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,681.00 Points
CG Coasters wrote:

They wouldn't do Wicked Streak because they already have Wicked Twister, but I hope this happens for their big 150 and that all goes well!
I'm not brand new to NL2 so ignore how many posts I have atm, I post a lot other places :)

??????????????????? ?????? ?????? ?????? ????g???????? ???????????????????

Post June 8th, 2016, 8:21 pm

^^I just want to put this here before someone starts ranting about why their home park deserves a coaster more than Cedar Point. Theres no reason the smaller parks won't get a coaster anytime but remember, they have to come up with the money from their own profits. No exact numbers on profit percentages but CP is about 25%.

Post June 8th, 2016, 8:30 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
How old is that graphic? I remember reading somewhere that Canada's Wonderland was making almost as much as Cedar Point and was CF's second biggest park financially.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post June 8th, 2016, 9:11 pm
XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
I'm not expecting a RMC because I don't want to be disappointed.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Post June 9th, 2016, 4:39 am

I'm still expecting an IntaWoodie because CP's Intamins are trying to be glass smooth! :)

Post June 9th, 2016, 1:41 pm
XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

lol240 wrote:
I'm still expecting an IntaWoodie because CP's Intamins are trying to be glass smooth! :)

If only this would happen.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200

Post June 9th, 2016, 4:43 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

EBITDA margin is a measurement of a company's operating profitability as a percentage of its total revenue. It is equal to earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) divided by total revenue.

These numbers change every quarter, so make sure that graph is from a quarter that is on season like Q3 or Q4.

Post June 9th, 2016, 6:17 pm

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
XLR8R wrote:
lol240 wrote:

If only this would happen.

T Express, El Toro master race!
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Post June 9th, 2016, 7:44 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Iron Dragon going the virtual reality route? Checkout the rider in the following picture. He's wearing a VR headset...

Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post June 9th, 2016, 7:59 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Dragging Iron is pretty bad lol I don't think VR would save it.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 10th, 2016, 12:34 pm

I'd assume its optional, given that its one of the few family rides in the park. I never really ride it anymore, and I doubt that VR would a improve it enough to ride it more than like once a year.

Post June 11th, 2016, 5:52 am

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
I can see if they close it down in July, which is probably happening since the employees have been rumored to be relocated. Also I think if it is RMC that they are going to have TWO, yes i said TWO Cedar Fair contracts and one would be at Cedar Point and the other..............................Kings Island. I overheard a couple employees talking about it yesterday. I really hope that they at least add a stall or an inversion to Streak if they do RMC it.
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Post June 11th, 2016, 1:32 pm
XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Yeah, I doubt both Kings Island and Cedar Point will both get RMC projects on the same year.

Post June 11th, 2016, 2:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,266.00 Points
If there is a 2 coaster contract CF & RMC have, and one is Mean Streak, the other coaster is NOT Kings Island. Just trust me on that one.
Lightning Rod|Intimidator 305|Fury 325|Twisted Timbers|Storm Chaser|Wicked Cyclone|Skyrush|Maverick|El Toro|Voyage

Post June 11th, 2016, 5:38 pm

My wish for an arrival of the IntaWoodie ... it fails... :sad:

Post June 14th, 2016, 4:59 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
If Mean Streak would get it's RMC treatment, it's imo the first coaster that actually deserves such treatment. Should be interesting at least. :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post June 22nd, 2016, 7:46 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Regarding Iron Dragon VR, a source is reporting to me that the VR is very well done on it!

...I must say, with how many times I've been on ID (Iron Dragon), I would wait to ride again with VR! It was amazing!! Very well done
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post August 1st, 2016, 10:00 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
It's happening kiddies....

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!