Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Liseberg Announces Hotels and Indoor Water Park for 2021

Liseberg Announces Hotels and Indoor Water Park for 2021

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Liseberg is planning its largest project in history. The company plans to build hotels and a water park south of the amusement park. The building is an extension of Liseberg, and the accommodation is aimed at families with rooms that have four to six beds.
- There is an attraction you can stay in, says Andreas Andersen, CEO of Liseberg.
It also planned a year-round open water park with capacity for 2,800 guests, eight experience pools, ten water slides, two water play areas and a restaurant for 400 guests.

Andreas Andersen says this gives Liseberg possibility of a longer season.
- We are extremely seasonal in the day and it benefits us not to build more attractions, but need more things that are more independent of the weather. Our turnover is concentrated in just a few weeks of the year. But I do not think the park will be open year round.
- Liseberg turnover of as much in week 30, which on the whole Christmas at Liseberg.
Liseberg 2014 were commissioned by the city council to look at the future of the amusement park.
- We have made major investigations internally, we have the funding model in place and done all the preliminary studies for the construction of the facilities, said Andreas Andersen.
If the council says yes to the project during the next year, expected to open in 2021. On Monday endorsed Hall AB, the parent company of the municipality, to proceed with the project, says Andreas Andersen.
The price for the entire construction is 1.9 billion at present, but may change after procurement and planning.

How will this project be financed?
- Partly by Liseberg cash flow, we have strong solvency but we also borrows some said Andreas Andersen.
Can parts of the building to get rid of?
- It is physically possible, but purely commercial, it would be stupid, a prerequisite for the water park is a hotel, says Andreas Andersen.

Is this the biggest project in Liseberg's history?
- Yes it is, but you have to put it in perspective, since 2011, we have invested 1.1 billion at the park, said Andreas Andersen.
The aim of the project is to ensure the tourism economic importance Liseberg is for Gothenburg.

What would you like to achieve during your time as CEO of Liseberg?
- I have been president for six years now, the time has gone very quickly, is a great privilege to manage Gothenburg's Liseberg is most proud of my trip with the organization. To be working with a talented organization that truly wants the best, says Andreas Andersen.
??
Facts / Lisebergs water park and hotel
The hotel

room 453

Main restaurant with 550 seats

Takbistro with 150 seats

Small spa resort

The water park

Eight pools experience

Ten waterslides

Restaurant with capacity of 400 seats

The plan is to open in 2021

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Wow they are going to have the sophiscated resort as well as... Alton Towers! Just my speculation, though! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
Liseberg needed acommodation, people usually stay in Gothia towers
Taron>Helix get mad

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Gothia Towers or save $10 per night and go Best Western lol. I think this is probably the best addition they could have done, well done Liseberg!
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
So is this place trying to look like a 1920's library or what's the deal lol
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
I that actually looks really good! Based on that obvious tornado slide shaping, all the slides will be supplied by Polin.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
MagnumFreak25 wrote:
I that actually looks really good! Based on that obvious tornado slide shaping, all the slides will be supplied by Polin.

the newer proslides take that shape right now as of Volcano bay and some other water parks

Paradox User avatar

Polin definitely seems more likely though since they do provide slides for most of Europe.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
this is the closes thing polin has to a tornado right here

while proslides look more like this

http://www.proslide.com/rides/tornado-24/

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Looks fantastic. I'm a sucker for a great indoor water park!
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Paradox User avatar

^^ Polin has also built slides like this.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Wow I guess that I'd have a blast! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!