Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Mine Blower - GG Wooden for Fun Spot America 2017 POV!

Mine Blower - GG Wooden for Fun Spot America 2017 POV!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
Fun Spot America is adding a new Wooden Roller Coaster for the summer 2017

KISSIMMEE, FL--(Marketwired - December 08, 2016) - Today we are excited to announce our HUGE deal with The Gravity Group, an American based company out of Cincinnati, Ohio. As part of the deal The Gravity Group will custom design a new Roller Coaster that will be built for Fun Spot America's Kissimmee,Florida location.

John Arie Jr, Fun Spot America's CEO stated, "This is HUGE news not just for us but the city of Kissimmee as this will be the only wooden roller coaster in the southeast United States that will feature a 360 degree barrel roll . This roller coaster will be completely unique and thrilling, we have worked tirelessly with the Gravity Group to design a ride that will be a must ride coaster for any thrill seeker and coaster enthusiast,definitely bucket list worthy. We are still working through the Theming,naming rights and sponsorship opportunities but with over Two million visitors to our parks each year we do expect to move forward quickly on these opportunities. This is HUGE news for all of us in this community as we all continue to raise the bar and level of expectations when guests visit our city. Let's Make America Fun Again!"

Fun Spot America will be making an investment of $6 Million dollars for this new addition.
This project will add 50 new jobs to the local economy during construction.
Fun Spot America will also add an additional 20 new full time positions once the new Roller Coaster opens in the summer of 2017.

Ride Specifications:
Track Length: 2256 feet
Lift Height: 82 feet
First Drop: 80.5 feet
Maximum Bank Angle: 115 degrees
11 different air times
Top Speed: 48.5 MPH

Fun Spot America Theme Parks are Central Florida's only family owned theme parks, with two locations Orlando and Kissimmee. John Arie, Sr., owner and founder of the Fun-n-Wheels attraction in 1978 then developed and expanded the property into Fun Spot America Theme Parks. Fun Spot America Theme Parks features unique patented multi-leveled go-kart tracks, Arcades, Roller Coasters, Family, Kiddie, and Thrill Rides. It is home to the largest arch (Orlando - 250 ft.) and tallest (Kissimmee - 300 ft.) SkyCoasters in the world. It has Orlando's only wooden roller coaster (White Lightning). Fun Spot America Theme Parks currently employs approximately 500 employees.

Post December 8th, 2016, 12:51 pm

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,033.00 Points

Post December 8th, 2016, 1:37 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Remember when GG's promos with NL were great and made with accuracy?

But in reality this looks like a pretty decent layout and have that strong airtime Gravity group is known for
What are these for?

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Points on hand: 7,716.00 Points
Like every Gravity Group woodies presented with NL, I think it will looks much much better in reality. It reminds me of when Switchback and Storm Chaser were presented by the way.

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
The "Complete 360 degree barrel roll" is false advertising; it exits on a bank. I'd say 330 degrees at most.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
AceDFe19 wrote:
Like every Gravity Group woodies presented with NL, I think it will looks much much better in reality. It reminds me of when Switchback and Storm Chaser were presented by the way.

But that's just it, From Boardwalk Bullet to Ravine Flyer 2 the NL promos were amazingly accurate, and well put together. Of course it will look better in reality, it honestly looks like the best US ride of 2017. Its just whoever hey put in charge of making these videos is clearly not the same person as 10 years ago.
What are these for?

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
You'd think if the animation shows you getting smacked in the face with a support, you would simply switch to the other seat and record. I don't know, maybe less people would notice.

Anyway, it looks like fun, but not anything mind blowing. Cool to see GG do an inversion other than a really wide corkscrew, though.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I can't wait for more of these GG woodens to be built here instead of China!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 7,716.00 Points
CKidd wrote:
AceDFe19 wrote:

But that's just it, From Boardwalk Bullet to Ravine Flyer 2 the NL promos were amazingly accurate, and well put together. Of course it will look better in reality, it honestly looks like the best US ride of 2017. Its just whoever hey put in charge of making these videos is clearly not the same person as 10 years ago.

Yes, I agree with you. :)

mkingy User avatar

CKidd wrote:
AceDFe19 wrote:

Or it is but they aren't being paid to convert what is probably a concept NL model into a fully accurate NL model
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I've got to say what a really cool "Gravity Group" woodie! At first, I thought that coaster would start like ZDT's "Switchback" due to a tiny turn into a lift hill. Also the "heartbeat" music (Love it now!) for that promo goes well!

I guess that'll be a great hit! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I'm surprised it's a somewhat in-line roll, almost like a zero G roll!
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Looks like some nice hang-time.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
It actually reminds me a lot of the Coney Island Tornado, in terms of putting the most track in the least area.

True Addicts
True Addicts

Riverview Bobs > all

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^^ Thanks for sharing such an awesome on-ride video! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Paradox User avatar

Looks like the Orlando park is getting something as well!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

True Addicts
True Addicts

Betting on a Screaming Squirrel

Points on hand: 3,266.00 Points
It's VReedom Flyer http://coasterhub.com/archives/19053

Got to try it out for IAAPA last month and I personally loved it. I think it'll work great at a small park like this, never seen more than a 1 cycle wait on anything there in my visits.
Lightning Rod|Intimidator 305|Fury 325|Twisted Timbers|Storm Chaser|Wicked Cyclone|Skyrush|Maverick|El Toro|Voyage

Points on hand: 1,681.00 Points
Well if it's anything like the graphics shown on the sight, it's gotta look good! The Unreal VR on Iron Dragon was incredible, I hope they have similar graphics!
I'm not brand new to NL2 so ignore how many posts I have atm, I post a lot other places :)

??????????????????? ?????? ?????? ?????? ????g???????? ???????????????????

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points

Paradox User avatar

It's gone vertical!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

True Addicts
True Addicts

OMfgz a turn. in other news it's trendy to paint the steel white now apparently.

mkingy User avatar

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!