Board index Public Relations Contests October Quarterly Contest 2016 RESULTS POSTED

October Quarterly Contest 2016 RESULTS POSTED

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
I will be submitting mine but i don't think its going to be great considering my lack of exp with no limits.
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
SUBMISSIONS DUE TODAY!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
Well, my entry is done. You can see full details of the ride and download it here: http://www.coastercrazy.com/exchange/de ... k_id=21612

Unfortunately, creating a proper RMC is so memory intensive that I was forced to leave any theming out in order to prevent single digit frame rates on my computer. As a result, I do not think I will be participating in any future RMC contests until the track type is officially available within NoLimits. I did enjoy this contest a lot and it was an excellent challenge, but it is very difficult and frustrating to work on a ride that causes more problems then the entire Storm Valley park included with the game.

Good luck to all the other competitors who stuck with it! I look forward to seeing everyone's creation.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Points on hand: 2,126.00 Points
Bank: 1,000.00 Points
My entry is done as well, props to rcdude for finishing despite his issues! Thankfully the only challenging part of my entry was pushing the boundries of my own skill. Cosmic Latte is a very beautiful coaster and it will be strange not to work on it anymore. I'm excited what you guys did as well! :D http://www.coastercrazy.com/21611/October2016Quarterly-Cosmic-Latte
Attachments
#FFF8E7.jpg

Paradox User avatar

Well since only two submissions were received I take it that barely anyone was able to finish. I have decided to extend the deadline to make up for this in hope of receiving more entries. Submissions are now due Wednesday the 23rd of November at 11:59. For those who have submitted, you may upload a newer version of your track and make more changes.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I'd do it but my computer cannot handle the mod, I'm sorry.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Paradox User avatar

Well I take it that no one else is going to submit their entries. I have received entries from rcdude and coasterdude2001. Both entries will be judged and a winner will be announced soon!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

True Addicts
True Addicts

Sorry dude it's the mod that's the problem. It's a resource whore.

Paradox User avatar

Don't worry the next contest won't be as intensive.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
The next contest will be a more exciting one, I hope, even for other coaster game players. :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Paradox User avatar

Hey all sorry for the late results but don't worry they are almost complete! Since school is now over I can take a much more in depth look into the tracks and am awaiting results from another judge!

Do not worry about the next contest being this intensive. I have taken all complaints into account and will make the next contest much smaller and easier to complete.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points

Paradox User avatar

AND THE WINNER IS...

rcdude!

Here are results from rcking04 and me:

rcking04:

Cosmic Latte
Technical
From the lift hill and on, this ride could have been better presented. I noticed that in many areas where the tracks are close to one another, the support structure was either undersupported or flat out missing in some cases. Anywhere where track crosses through a support structure, you should use steel beams at the top of the gap.
The first drop alone would be enough to eject every fat lady to her death with how high the negative Gs were in the back seat.
This ride also suffered from just a general lack of RMC design in many areas. It just didn???t capture that ???look??? RMC does for their coasters in many areas. Instead, you just opt for all these drawn out banked and counter-banked turns that don???t set themselves apart from one another.
I don???t really know what to say about the tunnel though. Something about it just feels wrong to me. But I won???t dock points for that, as it???s more so personal taste.
Other than the first drop, the Gs were mostly in check, airtime was easy to spot, and there were only a few areas of rapid G-force changes from negative to high positive.
Score: 5
Adrenaline
There were plenty of drawn out sections of banked and counter-banked turns that didn???t really offer much in terms of excitement. That first drop though would be pretty fun in the front rows. Not sure how the fat ladies in the back would like them though.
Score: 6
Originality
I don???t know how I feel about the theming for this ride, nor do the colors come off as visually pleasing. I do like the Norwegian Roll you were somehow able to fit in there, and the pre-drop roll and beyond vertical drop did look pretty fun if just not executed a little but poorly. Otherwise, this ride just didn???t really offer much for originality in regards to the repetitive banking.
Score: 6

Prospector???s Revenge
Technical
The first drop is terrible. Like, really, really bad. I have to get that out of the way immediately.
I didn???t like how I was unable to check Gs, so???
The ride did have some great shaping in many spots! You did a pretty good job recreating that RMC design and feel in this creation.
I appreciate the supporting you added to the ride in many areas to make up for the encroaching track. It does add a lot of flare to the ride, but I wish you would have been able to completely support the structure with the proper supports to make this look complete.
Also, I caught it, but your lift hill entry is not straight. That???s a no-no.
By the way, the drop is REALLY bad.
Score: 6.5
Adrenaline
The first drop could have been executed a little bit better. However, there were many exciting moments on the ride, offering numerous typical RMC elements in rapid fire! Near the end, the ride did seem to drag on way too much though. That tunnel barrel roll just didn???t look good at all.
Originality
In terms of originality, the only thing that stood out was the unique high five element for the beginning and ending of the ride. It didn???t work on my simulation. So, I never got to see that in action. That???s a bit of a shame. Otherwise, this was just a bunch of already made RMC elements all assembled in a Mean Streak foot print. I liked it all for the most part however!

Me:

Cosmic Latte
Technical
This ride suffers from being too repetitive. After the MCBR especially the ride became slow paced and boring. While there was still a good amount of speed left, the elements were really drawn out and overall didn???t resemble RMC shaping at all.
I did like the unique take on the first drop, however, it is poorly executed as the drop could potentially eject riders.
The inversions were pretty well done. I liked the addition of the pretzel/Norwegian loop but like I said before they were all pretty drawn out.
The supports were not as dense as they should have been and offered little to no lateral supports. There were parts of the ride that didn???t have any supports at all such as crossovers.
Score: 5.5
Adrenaline
The ride seemed pretty fun up until the MCBR where it becomes more drawn out. Like I said before the pretzel and first drop would be fun if they were executed correctly. The tunnel placement was fine since I enjoy first drop tunnels a lot.
Score: 6.25
Originality
I like that you went for an original theme here and tried to offer something new to Cedar Point. The colors of the train and the track do not match very well but it???s nowhere near as bad as the new Joker clones being built everywhere. The inversions were fairly original but other than the first drop and those, the ride did not have much else happening.
Score: 7

Prospector???s Revenge
Technical
Overall the ride managed to keep a good amount of speed and had good pacing. The shaping was definitely reminiscent of RMC and the ride had a good NTG vibe.
I like that you added some supports in some areas to make sure the ride wasn???t undersupported but there were some clearance issues especially in the inversions and overbanks.
The first drop was shaped pretty badly and would be painful to riders in the back especially because of the ejector achieved. The overbank right after the first drop would probably snap riders??? necks as the element is very snappy and is travelled at a very fast speed which would cause a lot of whiplash in RMC trains that lack neck support.
The lift isn???t completely straight at the bottom which would be bad maintenance wise.
Adrenaline
After the first drop and overbank, the ride was very fun! The fast paced elements are very RMC-like and the inversions are placed well to avoid repetition. The ride did drag on a bit at the end, but then again most RMC???s do. I liked the tunnel heartline roll as it would be a bit of a surprise to riders. Overall this was very fun.
Score: 6.75
Originality
The high five at the beginning was very original however as mentioned before could be deadly. The ride definitely reminded me of NTG which isn???t bad but many of the elements have been used on other RMC???s before. Definitely not a bad thing though since you managed to capture the feel of an RMC very well.

Overall Scores:
Cosmic Latte - 5.95
Prospector's Revenge - 6.71

And for the next contest, don't worry I have taken the criticism of this contest seriously and will definitely not do a contest as intensive as this in the future. Hopefully there will be another Quarterly or smaller contest in the coming months in preparation for NLT in late spring.

Thanks everyone!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

True Addicts
True Addicts

Yeah again sorry I didn't finish, just my computer didn't like it. Congrats to the winner.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
(Really) Happy New Year (I kinda need to emphasize!) to the winner! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Previous

Return to Contests