Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Hersheypark 2017 - Triple Drop Tower

Hersheypark 2017 - Triple Drop Tower

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post July 28th, 2016, 9:44 pm

Points on hand: 961.00 Points
Bank: 165.00 Points
I'm on the drop tower bandwagon... There is no way they could build another full sized coaster in the space the park has, unless they just built another coaster on top of something like how Skyrush pretty much sits on top of the Comet roller coaster

Post July 29th, 2016, 8:31 am
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,282.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
there is no feeling of free fall because you can't actually feel a true free fall, the initial jerk at the top is nothing because there is nothing.....the S&S towers have that jerk because they DON'T actually free fall.....ever. they're pulled down and every single movement is controlled by the cables. if you wanna be technical, S&S towers are launch towers....Lex and Zum are drop towers.
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post August 1st, 2016, 8:02 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Metazoanhaddock wrote:
the S&S towers have that jerk because they DON'T actually free fall.....ever. they're pulled down and every single movement is controlled by the cables.

Honestly I didn't know about the way they work. Ah that's why we can feel a true air ejector at the very top! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post August 2nd, 2016, 9:21 am

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
Three S&S towers:

80 ft Double Shot with 12 seats

131 ft Double Shot with 16 seats

189 ft Combo Tower with 20 rotating seats

Post August 2nd, 2016, 9:38 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Recap:
*An 80ft tower
*A 131ft tower
*A 189ft tower

I'm kind of surprised the tallest one is only 189ft. Interesting concept though. It adds a family ride and a thrill ride at the same time.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post August 2nd, 2016, 10:02 am

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
I like this addition. Really fun concept, and it adds a type ride the park really needed. How ironic if the 80ft tower ends up being the most intense.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

Post August 2nd, 2016, 3:16 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Wonder what it would look like if they had actually rendered the images even remotely close to realistically.

hersh.png

190 feet as the tallest of the three is unforgivably abysmal. They had the opportunity to make it, like, 100-200-300 and they completely squandered it. I'm still glad this park has three worthwhile roller coasters though.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post August 2nd, 2016, 6:10 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I don't care about the heights really. I love drop towers of any kind and am excited to see S&S's first rotating tower!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post August 3rd, 2016, 12:22 am

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
Well, I was partially correct. I think this is a great addition for regular visitors, but I don't think it is likely to attract a whole lot of people who weren't already planning a visit. I am a little surprised that none of the towers are 200+ ft, though that may be due to a height limitation (I'm pretty sure Hersheypark has one of some sort). I also think it will be interesting to see how the crowd distributes among the three towers...I wouldn't be surprised if the Reese's Tower has the shortest line.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Post August 3rd, 2016, 3:29 pm

The world's first "chocolate" race for the sky! :D

Post August 3rd, 2016, 6:50 pm
Paradox User avatar

At a press conference today, Hersheypark, the 110-acre theme park in Hershey, PA, announced its newest attraction - Hershey Triple Tower???. The new attraction, slated to debut for the 2017 Springtime In The Park event, is comprised of three drop towers of different heights: Hershey???s Tower???, Reese???s Tower??? and Hershey???s Kisses Tower???.

Hersheypark will be the first amusement facility in the country with three towers at different heights. Each tower provides a different ride experience with varying heights, thrill levels and speeds.

???Hersheypark is well-known for providing guests with rides and attractions that the entire family can enjoy and this new ride is sure to deliver,??? said Kevin Stumpf, General Manager Attractions & Entertainment. ???We are happy to be adding this new attraction that will offer families the opportunity to choose their level of thrill and enjoy panoramic views of the Park.???

Stumpf also announced the addition of a Chick-fil-A Express restaurant to Hersheypark for 2017 ??? one of more than 2,000 Chick-fil-A restaurants across 43 states and Washington, D.C. Chick-fil-A is known for its menu of fresh, hand-crafted food that offers a variety of options for guests, with signature items including a hand-breaded, pressure-cooked, boneless chicken breast sandwich, Waffle Potato Fries, hand-spun milkshakes and fresh-squeezed lemonade. While the new restaurant will offer a limited menu, it will serve these favorites along with delicious breakfast options. It will also will feature both indoor and outdoor seating for guests. Hersheypark Season Pass Holders will also receive food and beverage discounts at the new restaurant.

More details about the new ride were shared. At a height of 80???, Hershey???s Kisses Tower??? will have three seats on each of its four sides allowing for 12 riders on each ride. The ride will be themed in silver, the color of the famous Hershey???s Kisses brand.

At a height of 131???, Reese???s Tower??? will have four seats on each of its four sides allowing for 16 riders on each ride. The ride will be themed in orange, the color of the famous Reese???s candy brand.

Both Hershey???s Kisses Tower??? and Reese???s Tower??? are ???double shot??? towers which offer two cycles of positive and negative G-force experiences. A ???double shot??? tower rapidly propels riders up to the top of the tower and then gently lowers them down, with a series of air-cushioned bounces, to the loading platform.

Reaching 189??? above Hersheypark, Hershey???s Tower??? will offer 20 seats in the round. Themed in the chocolate brown color of the famous Hershey???s Bar wrapper, this tower will be able to offer a variety of experiences for riders. Two of the available options include ???space shot,??? where riders are rapidly propelled to the top of the tower; and ???turbo drop,??? where riders are blasted down the tower at speeds faster than a typical freefall.

Hershey Triple Tower??? is manufactured by S & S Worldwide, Inc. of Logan, UT. The new ride will be located in the Kissing Tower Hill section of the Park. Each of the three towers will operate independently, launching at different times, with independent queue lines.

The maximum speed for all three towers is 45 mph and the ride braking system combines pneumatic braking with launch systems. The restraint system features an over the shoulder harness. Theoretical ride capacity is approximately 1,400 riders per hour and the minimum height required for all three towers is 48 inches or the Hershey???s Bar category. The project cost of Hershey Triple Tower??? is projected at approximately $8 million.

The new attraction will be one of more than 70 rides and attractions that are available for guests during the 2017 season. Unlimited visits to Hersheypark are just one of the many benefits of purchasing a 2017 Hersheypark Season Pass, on sale now for the lowest rate available through September 30, 2016. To download the logo, renderings and images, please visit http://stories.hersheypa.com/hersheypar ... ng-in-2017

To stay current on all the happenings at Hersheypark, please connect with our branded social media channels ??? Hersheypark on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter plus Snapchat as Hersheyparksnap.

For information about the new attraction, 2017 Hersheypark Season Passes and more, visit http://www.hersheypark.com.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post August 3rd, 2016, 8:30 pm

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
rcdude wrote:
Well, I was partially correct. I think this is a great addition for regular visitors, but I don't think it is likely to attract a whole lot of people who weren't already planning a visit. I am a little surprised that none of the towers are 200+ ft, though that may be due to a height limitation (I'm pretty sure Hersheypark has one of some sort). I also think it will be interesting to see how the crowd distributes among the three towers...I wouldn't be surprised if the Reese's Tower has the shortest line.

Well i think it's important to remember that part of making changes to a park is trying to bring customers back. To use my home park as an example, a ride like El Toro might bring me there, but having things like Houdini would make me much more willing to come back. I know that Pennsylvania parks have a 200 ft limit on coasters, but I don't know about towers since the Kissing Tower is 250 ft.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Post August 3rd, 2016, 9:31 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
The whole point of making changes to a park is to bring customers back and to attract new customers to the park that have never had a reason to visit before, in my opinion. They have achieved only the former and, with such a shamefully lackluster addition, have actually given me incentive to NOT return. Luckily for them they still have Skyrush, Storm Runner, and Fahrenheit, so this park is an exception in my book.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post August 4th, 2016, 1:45 am
XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
tiepilot35 wrote:
The whole point of making changes to a park is to bring customers back and to attract new customers to the park that have never had a reason to visit before, in my opinion. They have achieved only the former and, with such a shamefully lackluster addition, have actually given me incentive to NOT return. Luckily for them they still have Skyrush, Storm Runner, and Fahrenheit, so this park is an exception in my book.

So, you would rather have no new additions? I can understand the logic behind why an addition may give you less of an additional incentive to return. If a park isn't removing anything noteworthy and is adding another attraction to the park, I don't see how that can persuade sometime to not visit a park. Maybe you are a big Flying Falcons fanboy...
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Post August 4th, 2016, 9:25 am

Wow Triple Tower can be read TripleT, too! Good for Hershey Cuteness! :D

Post August 4th, 2016, 9:34 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

tiepilot35 wrote:

So you don't want to go back to a fun place because you're mad they didn't make a taller drop tower for you?

Post August 4th, 2016, 9:54 am

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
tiepilot35 wrote:

So you don't want to go back to a fun place because you're mad they didn't make a taller drop tower for you?

Many flats are as you can see, shorter than 80' but they provide us much fun! The park clearly knows enthusiast's needs, too.

:)

Post August 4th, 2016, 11:04 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

lol240 wrote:
Many flats are as you can see, shorter than 80' but they provide us much fun! The park clearly knows enthusiast's needs, too.

Honestly I think it's an interesting approach to sneaking in a family ride if the 80ft tower ends up being the super mild one. They're about 50ft in height difference from each other, so it least it'll look like a nice step-wise progression.

Post August 4th, 2016, 8:35 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
lol240 wrote:

Honestly I think it's an interesting approach to sneaking in a family ride if the 80ft tower ends up being the super mild one. They're about 50ft in height difference from each other, so it least it'll look like a nice step-wise progression.

Especially if they are aligned with the Kissing Tower....
What are these for?

Post August 4th, 2016, 9:26 pm

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
lol240 wrote:

If it's a double shot, I don't know how mild it will be. Those things have crazy ejector at the top.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Post December 19th, 2016, 11:44 am
Paradox User avatar

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post December 19th, 2016, 3:09 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Halfway there!
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post December 20th, 2016, 5:37 am

^^ As for towers, they look neat, along with the StormRunner elements! :D

Post February 28th, 2017, 6:59 pm
Paradox User avatar

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post February 28th, 2017, 7:33 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I may not be a fun of the concept, especially since the S&S towers is a long gone trend, but they certainly look nice.
What are these for?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!