Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Project Krakatoa - Back to the exterior

Project Krakatoa - Back to the exterior

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
Thanks guys! I started working on how the park is going to look like (and I decided this will be the third iteration of Peak Point. Hope I can get it further this time :P). I've planned 5 phases:

- Entry and Mainstreet: you'll see some pictures today, when released it will have the incredible amount of 0 rollercoasters and 2 flat rides! But I want to have a very detailed entry area, including parking lots, roads and all kind of details.

- Sri Lanka themed area: the inverted coaster.

- Western themed area: Intamin Prefab.

- Rocky Mountains themed area: Intamin Wing Rider.

- Family area: Indoor wild mouse

So let's dive into the first area:

Here you can see the backlot buildings are pretty hidden from the main paths:

You can notice a lot of inspiration from Six Flags New England layout. To be honest, making a detailed park is an incredible difficult task, so you'll probably see inspiration from parks that has google streetview in the entire park. So, the numbers are:

- Blue: park services: tickets, entry, info, express passes, lockers and first aid. I'm npt sure if I'm missing any essential park service.

- Red: these are supposed to be shops and restaurants. I'd love to have some help here: I'm really horrible with names, so please, help me with names for shops, ice cram shops, restaurants, food, anything...

- Green: rides, carrousel and paratrooper.

Another thing I need help with is textures... I currently download my textures from CG textures, but I'd like to know if there are some better/larger free collections. My god, I really miss RCT3/Planet Coaster fantastic textured, recolorable pieces when making huge amounts of scenery.

So well, that's all for today. Not really a NL2 update, but I though it was worth sharing anyway. Thanks guys, suggestions and criticism (and help!) is appreciated :)

Post April 24th, 2017, 4:47 pm

Work continues on Project Krakatoa... I'll start working on the custom queue, station and buildings soon, but I wanted to use as much ingame scenery as possible for the railings and things like that. Here's what I have so far:

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Looks pretty awesome! You've really got a complete look to the whole area - seems like it ties in with itself really well.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I can see that MCBR part is almost at the same height as... Maverick! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Thanks guys!

Well, I have finished the queue! I'm very happy with the result. My goal with this project was using as less custom scenery objects as possible, and so far I've only used 4 (ramps going up to the station, the flags, the lava walls and the screens for the preshow). I think this demostrates how far you can take NL2 even if you don't know how to model! So, the queue... Let's take a look:

We start on the exterior, going around a tropical garden:

Then we enter in a cave, where you would spend most of your time (the lava walls have a scroll down effect):

And then the preshow. My idea for this ride is a volcano tour. While you're doing the tour (queue) an unexpected eruption occurs (preshow), so you have to board the vehicles to run away from it. So, my idea for the preshow is very simple: You see the screens says low risk eruption. I want them to change (Letters changing from blue to red and saying high risk), although I have no idea about scripting. Then an alarm would sound, and you would have those small fireballs seen in the second picture:

And finally you get to the station and get launched (with some more explosions, because explosions are cool)

And that's all for now. I'd say the project is 75% finished. Only parts left are the back side of the volcano, the exit and a few custom buildings. Hope you like it :)

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,228.00 Points

herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points

Thank you guys! Yeah, that's the downside of building everything out of a single rock model... I might try to give it a bit of variation, but I don't if it'll work.

Work continues in the Volcano and now we have the amazing amount of 5094 rocks in the park! Still need to make the back (I won't leave it with an open face ala Universal :p), but I'm finally happy with the shape!

Also, I've began working on the mainstreet... Still need some more detailing and better signs, but it's a start:

The mainstreet is aligned with the Volcano and it gives you a pretty impressive view as you enter the area

Also I have this flat ride here, which I haven't shown a lot (and I'll remember you again to download NL2A flat rides!)

This is one my favorites perspectives of this ride

Also, before someone asks about the performance. I ran the benchmarking test and from the start of the ride to the end I got an average of 33fps. It isn't a lot, but I think it's more than enough to give a walk around the park and ride the coaster. I don't care about the performance a lot to be honest, I prefer aesthetic over fps.

And that's all for now, thanks for watching!

Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points

Amazing work David!
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Reminds me of a cross between Busch Gardens and a Cedar Fair park.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I wish we could visit such an island! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Thank you guys!

So here is another zone. The paths surrounding the coaster will look more or less like this, full of trees and shrubs. Also, there will be 4 flat rides in the area.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points

^ The flat rides aren't really important (but I think it's cool having more things to do when you open the park in NL). The flats are NL2A Troika, Monster and Teacups and the ingame drop tower). They will have a queue and a sign, but little theming.

So, I added some ambient music thanks to Best Dani's music sphere script, and recorded a video that gives an insight of the atmosphere of the area:

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Reminds me of Mario Sunshine.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Previous

Return to Hard Hat Area