Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Skywarp by Skyline Attractions - New Models!

Skywarp by Skyline Attractions - New Models!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post November 14th, 2016, 9:27 am
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points

Affordable and thrilling roller coaster offers visibility and capacity with a small footprint
Skyline Attractions' new Skywarp blasts through thrill/cost barrier

14 November 2016

Orlando, FL - For too long, parks have had limited thrill options for roller coasters around two million dollars, especially those that are American designed, manufactured, and supported. Skyline Attractions enthusiastically announced today an end to that struggle by introducing Skywarp and expanding its growing portfolio of innovative products for the amusement industry.

Using clever engineering, Skyline developed the coaster to safely incorporate modern technology with big structure, major thrills, speed, inversions, interaction, and capacity while simplifying operations and maintenance.

Among its thrills, the dual-loop ride cleverly produces a dueling near-miss element that brings riders tantalizingly close to one another by using a single train with passengers at each end. The technique effectively creates simultaneous two-train operation without a costly PLC that relies on block logic and maintenance-intensive sensors. Thrill-seekers 48 inches and taller, seated facing each other, twist sideways and upside-down as they accelerate through twin Immelmann inversions.

"Skywarp has everything that operators of all sizes desire: Big impact, big thrills, big visibility, and big capacity with a small footprint and a small price," the Skyline team boasted. The ride is 62 feet tall with a track length of 360 feet and fits on a site just 30 feet wide and 120 feet long. It seats 32 riders per cycle and thrills 800 per hour.

Skywarp can be installed on a customer's foundation or supplied with a base frame for semi-permanent installation. While drive tires will be the standard propulsion method, linear synchronous motors from a proven industry expert are an optional substitute to further streamline the system. Both methods will gradually rock the train back and forth until reaching full speed, reducing power consumption and minimizing required infrastructure improvements.

Skywarp will be available to virtually ride and learn about at the IAAPA Expo this week in Orlando, along with a "Crazy Crab" themed Crazy Couch kids' ride. Come ride and warp your perspective at booth 5429!

Skyline Attractions, LLC is the Orlando-based manufacturer of innovative amusement industry creations. More information about Skywarp and their other American-made products, including video and images, can be found online at skylineattractions.com. Skyline Attractions can be reached at (407) 587-0080.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post November 14th, 2016, 9:44 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ I have made this thread before, but thanks for posting the more better version: http://www.coastercrazy.com/forums/larson-loop-gets-intense-t36575.html (Previous introduction.)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post July 6th, 2017, 7:38 pm
Paradox User avatar

Skyline Attractions Sells First Skywarp
Scheduled to be Open 2018

1 July 2017

Orlando, FL, USA - Skyline Attractions has altered the landscape of thrill rides with its latest scream maker- Skywarp. As part of the company's third anniversary, Skyline is excited to announce the sale of their first of many Skywarps, which will make its public debut in the summer of 2018. This exciting experience offers 32 passengers a unique journey as they board the competing ride vehicles. The train begins rocking back and forth, building up to full speed before completing several thrilling forward and reverse rotations through the twin Immelmann inversions.

The unique concept was first shown to the world at the 2016 IAAPA Attractions Expo in Orlando, Florida. This annual event is the world's largest showcase of rides and Skywarp was one of the most unique concepts displayed. This innovative attraction combines the speed, inversions, and capacity of a big coaster with a fraction of the necessary investment needed. The clever design of Skywarp allows it to deliver the thrills a modern rider expects, with the reliability, ease of maintenance, and ultra-compact footprint that fits in nearly any park.

"Skywarp has everything that operators of all sizes desire: Big impact, big thrills, big visibility, and big capacity with a small footprint and a small price," said Evan Souliere, founding partner of Skyline Attractions.

The small 120 foot by 30 foot footprint allows for the placement of the attraction in nearly any location, and topping out at 62 feet in height it can even fit in many indoor locations.

"The flexibility of Skywarp, combined with the excitement it delivers to guests, makes it a great addition to any park. We are thrilled to be placing the first of what we believe will be many Skywarp attractions," commented Chris Gray, Vice President at Skyline Attractions. "Stop by and see us at booth 5808 at the 2017 IAAPA Attractions Expo as we unveil where the first Skywarp will be taking guests on a wild ride," he continued.

Ride Entertainment is the sales partner for Skyline Attractions.

Ride Stats
Height: 62 feet (19 meters)
Footprint: 120 feet X 30 feet (37m X 9m)
Track Length: 360 feet (110 m)
Instant Capacity: 32
Hourly Capacity: 800 pph

Source
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post July 7th, 2017, 10:38 am

Points on hand: 301.00 Points
That is a cool looking concept.

But does it count as a roller coaster?

Post July 7th, 2017, 9:20 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points

Post July 8th, 2017, 3:19 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I don't think I would count it as a roller coaster. The essence is really similar to a Larson Loop, and counting it as a roller coaster almost seems disrespectful to coasters. I can think of arguments in the other direction though... It inverts, rolls on a track, banks, pulls forces in every direction.

That being said, it's hard to call it a 'flat ride.'
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post July 8th, 2017, 8:09 am

Thats a good point.

With a LSM launch and a coaster train it could be a premier rides sky rocket model :lol:

Post July 8th, 2017, 8:19 am

^ This might be a better example! Did you know that it was designed by "Schwarzkopf"? :)

Post July 8th, 2017, 3:14 pm

Of course i know who has built the shortest looping coaster :D

Post July 9th, 2017, 12:41 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
lol240 wrote:
^ This might be a better example! Did you know that it was designed by "Schwarzkopf"? :)

The difference is that this is a short train and it's not propelled through the entire track. The friction wheels stop when going beyond 90?? in the loop.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post July 9th, 2017, 1:20 pm

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,018.00 Points
In case anyone's interested, Nolimits 2 Advanced have released a Skywarp model (called "Infiniti")!
http://www.nolimits2advanced.com/downlo ... tractions/ (scroll to the bottom of the page)
Ive got one in the park I'm currently working on.

Post July 10th, 2017, 3:55 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Dirk_Ermen wrote:
lol240 wrote:

The difference is that this is a short train and it's not propelled through the entire track. The friction wheels stop when going beyond 90?? in the loop.

The key for me has always been the 'coasting' aspect, hence why I wouldn't count a powered coaster as a real rollercoaster. It's almost a tracked ride I guess.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post November 14th, 2017, 1:46 pm
Paradox User avatar

Looks like they're expanding to newer models!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Paradox User avatar

The names for these models has been released along with a few renders! I hope we see an Eclipse soon.

Source
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
These thing are going to be all over Six Flags in 2018, and that's not really a bad thing. [lol]
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I think the Eclipse model looks the best so far, still kinda repetitive. Really, I think the biggest sell point is capacity and the dueling aspect. If this same layout was applied with normal coaster trains, say, 4 car trains of 4 each, I don't think there would be any sales (except for maybe the Eclipse).

Hopefully I'm wrong and the rides are amazing.

The Horizon one would be cool as a traveling ride, or maybe for smaller parks, but I think there are much better options for the space. Again, I think the main thing there is capacity. And, what a terrible loading process with that level of banking...
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post November 14th, 2017, 11:45 pm

I think that one of those concepts should also be the perhaps iconic symbol for Tomorrowland if possible! 8-)

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,018.00 Points
They all look awesome, would love to see one in the UK one day!
How would the "Horizon" model load, though?

True Addicts
True Addicts

The horizon model looks dumb but the other one is neat.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Paradox User avatar

skyscraper wrote:
They all look awesome, would love to see one in the UK one day!
How would the "Horizon" model load, though?

If you look at the model they put at IAAPA there are loading areas at the two big turns.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points
^ I still wonder how they would do the queue for those rides. Those loading platforms are so far apart from each other that they will have to build two completly seperate queues or make a really long one.

True Addicts
True Addicts

They could have the line split like it does for many racing woodies no problem.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!