Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Cedar Point 2018 - Steel Vengeance RMC Mean Streak

Cedar Point 2018 - Steel Vengeance RMC Mean Streak

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post July 19th, 2017, 3:09 pm

Points on hand: 3,149.00 Points

My God that is beautiful. Or at least it will be.
Coaster count: 28 1. Fury 325 2. Twisted Cyclone 3. Goliath (sfog) 4. Intimidator 5. Afterburn

Post July 19th, 2017, 3:25 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
This roller coaster is just gosh damn perfect. So majestic and the drop is going to be a MONSTER. It's simplistic in some areas, complex in others. This has a serious chance of being the best RMC. I'm hoping they don't make the last "lap" really lame like NTG due to speed loss, though.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post July 19th, 2017, 3:31 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
One out of every five guests will refuse to ride it because they'll think it's Mean Streak.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post July 19th, 2017, 3:48 pm

:lol:
Coaster count: 28 1. Fury 325 2. Twisted Cyclone 3. Goliath (sfog) 4. Intimidator 5. Afterburn

Post July 19th, 2017, 10:10 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
WOW MS! Imagine that all guests bar true thrill seekers will find the title "Wicked" to be terrifying! :lol:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post July 20th, 2017, 12:50 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
THE 2018 SNEAK PEEK CONTEST
posted by Tony Clark on July 20, 2017
Please read every detail in this very special blog entry. Your chance of winning depends on it!

Back in the day, AM radio ruled the airwaves and programming ranged from simple talk shows to full-blown audio productions with music, storytelling and acting.

Old radio westerns were also popular. Tales of gun-slingin', romance and ridin' across the prairie were the subjects of these stories. And what an art form - imagine telling a story with absolutely no visuals; just sound.

Well imagine our surprise when we found an old AM radio western titled, "What's Mine is Mine!!!" in our park archives. (Why we have this, I don't know - but we did have our own radio station here at one time. Did you know that?)

Anyway, in it, there was this peculiar news break that we thought you should hear. It involves something big. And a way for you to see it first.

I'll be the first to tell you, even though this is old, you should still give it a go.

Don't forget, there are always OFFICIAL RULES, and you should read them in their entirety.

Source
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post July 21st, 2017, 2:45 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
WRMC radio? :lol:

I think it would be funny to see them suddenly build some kind of tilt element at the top of the lifthill. That certainly would be interesting.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post July 24th, 2017, 12:03 pm
Paradox User avatar

The announcement is August 16th. It seems we also have the potential names for the three trains!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post July 25th, 2017, 10:07 am
Paradox User avatar

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post July 25th, 2017, 3:25 pm

Hmm in the images of the cards and on the wanted posters there are outlines of people. I wonder if this will be named/themed to something like outlaws or bandits or the horsemen or something. Those names on the cards could represent horse names or names of outlaws.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post July 25th, 2017, 7:11 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

gotta tame maverick somehow I guess.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post July 25th, 2017, 9:05 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Looks badass as ever
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 26th, 2017, 1:35 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
High time they began the Wild West Coaster Show! Maverick and (Whohoo!) this hunk! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post July 28th, 2017, 12:55 pm
Paradox User avatar

Overbank is up!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post July 28th, 2017, 2:54 pm

Epic. I'm excited to see this thing in person, going to CP in 12 days for a short trip. That section cutting through all the wood will be a lot of fun.

Post August 10th, 2017, 6:25 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
The most interesting construction topic of the year is the one that gets spammed...
What are these for?

Post August 16th, 2017, 10:33 am
Paradox User avatar

They???re back. And they???re back with a VENGEANCE! Once intimidated and disrespected by the musings of Maverick, outcasts Jackson ???Blackjack??? Chamberlain, Chess ???Wild One??? Watkins and Wyatt ???Digger??? Dempsey have returned to FrontierTown to right the wrongs done to them and their fellow FrontierTown Folk.

The three are bringing with them a roller coaster forged so big and so bold, an entirely new category of thrill ride has been branded: the hyper-hybrid ??? the world???s first steel-on-wood hybrid roller coaster to stand over 200 feet tall. Mirroring Blackjack???s impressive height, Chess??? unconventional and wild personality and Digger???s blazing speed of the draw, this new machine is now the force to be reckoned with. The law-abidin??? folk of FrontierTown have a new leader ??? Steel Vengeance.

This Wild West thrill comes action-packed with a height of 205 feet above the prairie, a 90-degree initial drop down to the earth, almost 30 seconds of airtime (the most on any roller coaster on Earth), 4 head-over-boots inversions, ricocheting movements left-to-right, up-to-down and side to side???it???s a roller coaster only Cedar Point could build ??? and you have the chance to saddle up and take the ride of your life beginning in 2018!

Ride Stats
Height: 205 feet
Speed: 74 mph
First Drop: 200 feet
Inversions: 4
Length: 5,740 feet
Duration: 2 minutes, 30 seconds
Height Requirement: 48"
Trains: 3
Riders per Train: 24
Riders per Hour: 1,200

A New World Record Breaker

Coaster Records Broken
1. World's tallest hybrid roller coaster (205 feet tall)
2. World's fastest hybrid roller coaster (74 miles per hour)
3. World's steepest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (90 degrees)
4. World's longest drop on a hybrid roller coaster (200 feet)
5. World's longest hybrid roller coaster (5,740 feet)
6. Most inversions on a hybrid roller coaster (4)
7. Fastest airtime hill on a hybrid roller coaster (73 mph)
8. Most airtime on a hybrid roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
9. Most airtime on any roller coaster (27.2 seconds)
10. World's first "hyper-hybrid" roller coaster

Park Records Broken
1. Most steel roller coaster track at one amusement park (57,865 feet/11 miles)
2. Most roller coaster track at one amusement park (60,423 feet/11.4 miles)
3. Most rides at one amusement park (71)
4. Most roller coasters over 200 feet tall at one amusement park (6)
5. Most roller coasters with a first drop of 90 degrees or more at one amusement park (5)

Tallest, Fastest, Wildest: Cedar Point Introduces Entirely New Classification of ???Hyper-Hybrid??? Roller Coaster
SANDUSKY, Ohio, Aug. 16, 2017 ??? Cedar Point???s FrontierTown will be transformed when Steel Vengeance ??? the tallest, fastest and longest hybrid roller coaster in the world ??? opens in the spring of 2018. At more than 200 feet tall, the new hybrid design combines a steel running track on a massive wooden structure that provides an extremely smooth and comfortable ride while enabling the coaster???s trains to perform maneuvers previously unheard of on a wooden roller coaster.

The Wildest Ride Cedar Point Has Ever Built
Steel Vengeance will offer riders unmatched intensity through a relentless series of dynamic movements on this innovative coaster. Riders will board one of three trains and climb 205 feet above FrontierTown. Once they crest the lift hill, they???ll be staring straight down a 90-degree initial drop and a 200-foot fall to earth. Multiple airtime hills follow, including the world???s fastest airtime hill ever created on a hybrid roller coaster, and a 116-foot-tall outer-banked hill placing riders on an outward tilt while moving forward.

Steel Vengeance will also debut the first-of-its-kind ???Twisted Snake Dive.??? In this new maneuver, the coaster???s train will enter a half-barrel roll, hang upside-down for a brief moment and then turn back in the direction of travel, not completing a full roll. The coaster???s figure-eight layout will create a fast-paced journey with multiple airtime hills, twists and dives, overbanked turns and surprise maneuvers. The entire ride will last approximately 2 minutes, 30 seconds.

???This is another roller coaster that only Cedar Point could build ??? tallest, fastest and longest of its kind with four inversions and the exciting movements the hybrid design can achieve,??? said Jason McClure, vice president and general manager of Cedar Point. ???There are so many unexpected moments on Steel Vengeance, it???s just plain twisted. It???ll be an extremely wild experience for our guests.???

The World???s First ???Hyper-Hybrid???
Steel Vengeance introduces a new classification of roller coaster ??? the ???hyper-hybrid.??? The coaster not only combines a hybrid construction of smooth steel track set atop a wood support structure, but also reaches a height of over 200 feet ??? the defining feature of a ???hyper-coaster.??? It marks the fourth classification of roller coaster introduced by Cedar Point as the park???s ever-higher roller coasters have needed new categories to define them.

Previous roller coasters that were world???s firsts include Magnum XL-200 ??? a ???hyper-coaster,??? a term given to any roller coaster that breaks a 200-foot height; Millennium Force ??? the world???s first ???giga-coaster,??? a coaster eclipsing a 300-foot height; and Top Thrill Dragster ??? the world???s first ???strata-coaster,??? soaring over 400 feet tall.

Official Website
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post August 16th, 2017, 10:37 am

And it all started with a screamscape rumor.

Post August 16th, 2017, 10:41 am

Wow. I'm stunned by the whole layout. Even the last lap looks like it's still going to be really intense and fresh. I love that little baby wave turn inside the structure.

Post August 16th, 2017, 10:52 am

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
That looks more insane and buckwild than Trump's presidency.

Post August 16th, 2017, 11:37 am
Paradox User avatar

I love the name and layout! I really hope I can make it out to CP next year to ride this.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
Hyper-hybrid has a nice ring to it, also like the story a lot!
I saw a few people in the comment section of the official pov that thought it was an actual pov and not a rendering :lol:
Taron>Helix get mad

YESSSSSSSS

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

You know if her sister was retrofitted to the same standard Meanstreak has been I probably wouldn't have been so pissed off at loosing her.

That ending is what New Texas Giant should have had from the start.

Yeah NTG's layout could have used improvement in many respects. But they had to start somewhere, and they're learning more as each year passes, which is evident in TT and SV.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!