Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Hersheypark 2018 - Water Coaster and Mat Racer

Hersheypark 2018 - Water Coaster and Mat Racer

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Hersheypark has released a few clues to their new ride for 2018 which could be a coaster.

"We're adding more water to the boardwalk"

"There is a light at the end of the tunnel"

"It's a race to the finish"

"This makes number 14"

So since Hersheypark currently has 13 coasters it seems like they will be getting another one. Looks like it will be some kind of watercoaster.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post July 19th, 2017, 8:40 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Intamin Aquatrax.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post July 19th, 2017, 9:43 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Wow I have to play around with comical icons, too! Let me! :D

+ AM + :D + 2 +

+ T

Way to go, Hershey! Any coaster is welcome! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post July 22nd, 2017, 2:28 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:
Intamin Aquatrax.

Hershey park seems quite an intamin showcase park. So let's hope.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post July 23rd, 2017, 1:48 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I'd love that,but Hershey is limited in space unless they finally go over the highway(Something that was said during a backstage walk in 2012 but hasn't seen reality yet). I wouldn't mind seeing a Pulsar clone, but that's unlikely considering the entrance to the boardwalk is a skloosh ride
What are these for?

Post August 2nd, 2017, 9:22 am
Paradox User avatar

"Get ready to double the fun"

That one should be self explanatory
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post August 9th, 2017, 7:48 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Here comes the (good or bad) news! Updated! Your own thoughts? Those additions are (IMHO) great! It looks like... they will get a waterslide officially counted as their 14th coaster. :'D

Hersheypark adding Two Major Water Attractions in 2018.

For several weeks, Hersheypark has been teasing a new addition to the park???s Boardwalk area, and today, we found out that they would be receiving not one, but TWO new attractions at the Boardwalk; Breakers Edge Water Coaster and Whitecap Racer. These are the biggest announcements for the Boardwalk area since it opened in 2007, Hersheypark???s 100th season.

Breaker???s Edge

Breaker???s Edge Water Coaster is being billed as Hersheypark???s 14th Coaster. According to the park, the water coaster smoothly rockets riders through splash-filled hills, tight turns, and sweet thrills that are perfect for the whole family. Featuring 4-person in-line rafts, Breaker???s Edge is the first hydromagnetic coaster to feature flying saucer turns. This water coaster has an estimated hourly ride capacity of 600 guests and a ride time of about one minute.

Check out the video of Breaker???s Edge below!

Whitecap Racer

Whitecap Racer will be the longest mat-racing slide at any park in the world. The six-lane racing slide is the first to feature two sets of 360-degree turns, and start at a height of 70??? tall. The slide features both open and tunnel elements, and riders will be able to compare their times to people they???re racing against.

Check out the video of Whitecap Racer below!

???We are very excited to announce not one, but two new attractions for 2018 to The Boardwalk At Hersheypark,??? said Kevin Stumpf, General Manager Attractions & Entertainment of Hershey Entertainment & Resorts. ???Our guests always ask for coasters, water and family experiences???these attractions will deliver on all three.???

Construction will begin shortly after Labor Day 2017, and both attractions are being manufactured by ProSlide Technology. They are scheduled to open during Memorial Day Weekend 2018. Both rides are family-friendly and have a height requirement of 42??? tall to slide. The new attractions will be located between Shoreline Sprayground attraction and Intercoastal Waterway lazy river at the Hersheypark Boardwalk.

For more information about Hersheypark and their 2018 Project, be sure to visit the park???s website, and follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

For the full press release, click http://stories.hersheypa.com/hersheypar ... -for-2018/
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post August 9th, 2017, 12:34 pm

Points on hand: 4,287.00 Points
Thank goodness they aren't getting rid of Tidal Force. I haven't rode it yet (I chickened out too many times). However, I am excited to enjoy these new attractions at an opportunity that fits me, probably after they open next year.

Post August 9th, 2017, 2:13 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I don't know if I would call that a roller coaster, but it looks like more fun than the one that was built this year. I'm not a big waterpark person but it should clear up people on the dry side.
What are these for?

Post September 3rd, 2017, 2:33 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
I still don't get the charm of those open discs. During the ride you don't notice a thing of them. Same goes for spectator side, as they are way too high up to be seen, let alone see a boat soar through that turn.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post September 4th, 2017, 8:58 pm

Points on hand: 1,187.00 Points
I think the flying saucer turns are just to give people (and by that I mean GP) that sensation of "Holy crap I'm going to fall off." Plus since every addition at Hershey seems to need a cheesy World's first, that's what they're using, (and I am aware it's been done before). As for them calling it a coaster, that upsets me, because Hershey is due for a new coaster soon, but if they're calling that a coaster, it may be 2-4 years with their usual coaster cycle to see a new coaster. I love these additions and it's good to see my home park giving their mediocre at best waterpark some cool attractions, but I hope they don't affect the coaster cycle.

Post September 5th, 2017, 9:03 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
The racing slide actually looks pretty neat with the double spirals.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Paradox User avatar

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!