Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Nolimits 2 - Simple Specular mapping tutorial

Nolimits 2 - Simple Specular mapping tutorial

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post September 13th, 2016, 11:40 am

Points on hand: 1,124.00 Points

here is a simple tutorial to make your textures Specular

Enter this code for the shading:

Result = Tex0;
Specular = Tex1;

(Shinnes) there are 4 shine options 4, 16, 64, 128

Questions? you can ask it always :)
Attachments
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
9.png
10.png
11.png
12.png
13.png
15.png
16.png
17.png
18.png
19.png
21.png
0Dd7Ssc.png
Types of Shinnes

Post September 13th, 2016, 12:46 pm

Points on hand: 1,527.00 Points
Thank you very much! Never really figured how to do it. May I ask you how you made the black/white texture?

Points on hand: 1,124.00 Points

S-Tigger wrote:
Thank you very much! Never really figured how to do it. May I ask you how you made the black/white texture?
I'm using Photoshop for it. The picture is to make your image black/white the next step: go to the Tab: Image and scroll to levels and slide the arrows the white color is the specular effect :)
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-09-13-21-05-37.png
When you press on it, it makes the image Black/White

Goku1910 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,514.00 Points
Bank: 2,212.00 Points
You could also keep the original and use this to make your specular: http://cpetry.github.io/NormalMap-Online/

Personally, I l keep my numbered textures from Sketchup and make Material files from those after making the specular maps for it. In that example, I only made a grey metal NL2MAT file and did a diffuse override for Yellow and Black on Aventador. Otherwise I only did an override if I wanted to adjust the color within NL without changing it in Sketchup because I'm lazy.

...If I remember correctly I only overrode the pool's concrete and the brick/stone walls for everything except the station. Other than that, I left the diffuse alone on all the others.

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2