Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Project Helix at Liseberg

Project Helix at Liseberg

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 26th, 2014, 2:30 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
I think it could, there has to be at least 4 blocks on there.

Post August 26th, 2014, 2:46 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

rcdb says 3 and the ride is absolutely long enough to support 3
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post August 26th, 2014, 8:43 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post August 26th, 2014, 9:18 pm
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
i think he meant 3 trains

though i could be mistaken...who am i to put words in his mouth
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post August 26th, 2014, 10:27 pm

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
TTD03 wrote:
Well, 3 blocks would mean 2 trains only then.

No, one in the station, another between the station and the 2nd block, and the last from the 3rd to the brake run?

Post August 27th, 2014, 12:11 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post October 10th, 2014, 2:14 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
People on TPR are so stupid. They say that this ride is not great because the launches are not forceful and the inversions are boring. Well they can go suck a large cylindrical object because this ride is supposed to provide variety. You want a forceful launch go to Kanonen. You want more airtime go to Balder. They are just butthurt because Mack did it and not Intamin. Honestly, you get one company to build a ride and people get upset because it is different from another manufacturer. If they want a park with rides that do the same thing they can go, but I want rides that are different and stand out and that is Helix's strong point.

*End Rant*
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post October 10th, 2014, 2:29 pm
afro85 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 81.00 Points
Bank: 26,937.70 Points
Can't wait to ride that forceless and boring coaster this winter! ;)

Post October 10th, 2014, 4:15 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Paradox wrote:
People on TPR are so stupid.

Did the Donkey logo not give you the first hint that something might be wrong with TPR?

Post October 10th, 2014, 4:38 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
People on TPR are so stupid. They say that this ride is not great because the launches are not forceful and the inversions are boring.

Can't wait to see them bitch about Rougarou when they discover the corkscrew will probably still bounce your head around a bit despite it satisying the "has enough G's" requirement.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 10th, 2014, 4:57 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,557.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Paradox wrote:
People on TPR are so stupid. They say that this ride is not great because the launches are not forceful and the inversions are boring...

Even the general theme park attending public would be like wtf at those comments. For the future, if you see donkey, turn and run the other way. :lol:
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post October 11th, 2014, 3:31 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post October 12th, 2014, 10:07 am

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
My one trip to Liseberg, and I sat on Balder all day long. I don't imagine that would change with the addition of Helix. The ride looks fun, but a bit meandering.

The MACK I want is Alpina Blitz!
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

Post October 13th, 2014, 9:50 am
Paradox User avatar

^Banned.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post October 13th, 2014, 12:54 pm
afro85 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 81.00 Points
Bank: 26,937.70 Points

Post October 13th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Oh come on. I didn't say I wouldn't ride it. lol

Post October 13th, 2014, 4:00 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Guys, I've been on Helix, and it is pretty weak. The best intense moments are the section from the post pretzel loop air time hill, 0g, and transition into the helix and then the airtime hill after the inverted tophat. The rest of it is very weak and meandering like. It's not very forceful, slow, and the trains rattle a LOT. Also, the launches are really weak. I mean the 30mph launch on Cheetah Hunt feels way stronger. It was a huge opportunity for Mack to say look at what we can do and they just built a ride that is a lot the same floating around. If you like that, then that's fine, but I prefer ride that is intense and leaves me thinking holy sh*t what just happened ala I-305, El Toro, Skyrush, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash, etc.). Balder and Kanonen are examples of rides that do what Helix does only better in their own ways :)

Post October 13th, 2014, 4:04 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
^Interesting to hear that. I sort of suspected this from the POV videos, but figured it was just the video and thought it would be an epic ride in real life.

Post October 13th, 2014, 4:11 pm
Paradox User avatar

Jakizle wrote:
Guys, I've been on Helix, and it is pretty weak. The best intense moments are the section from the post pretzel loop air time hill, 0g, and transition into the helix and then the airtime hill after the inverted tophat. The rest of it is very weak and meandering like. It's not very forceful, slow, and the trains rattle a LOT. Also, the launches are really weak. I mean the 30mph launch on Cheetah Hunt feels way stronger. It was a huge opportunity for Mack to say look at what we can do and they just built a ride that is a lot the same floating around. If you like that, then that's fine, but I prefer ride that is intense and leaves me thinking holy sh*t what just happened ala I-305, El Toro, Skyrush, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash, etc.). Balder and Kanonen are examples of rides that do what Helix does only better in their own ways :)

I will burn your house down for talking to my bae like that.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post October 13th, 2014, 6:51 pm

Jakizle wrote:

This is kinda what I thought. I was excited when Helix was announced, especially after the initial disappointment of Full Throttle. I thought, FINALLY a real launch coaster with a FULL layout, no BSing around. When I saw the live POV, it completely underwhelmed me. A weak launch here, another weak launch there, a couple of cool elements, but a bit of the glorified, meandering family coaster. Nothing wrong with that, as it's okay for a coaster to just be fun without being all that intense. I'd certainly queue for it if I were at the park, but it would be a one and done for me.

iSpeed still maintains itself as the launch coaster I most want to ride. Now THAT ride looks like a beast!

Post October 13th, 2014, 7:11 pm
Paradox User avatar

You cant compare Intamin to Mack, completely different.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post October 13th, 2014, 11:18 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

^But you can compare which is more intense, as that's the overall quality I go for. It's just my personal opinion. But yeah parts of Helix are like being on Big Thunder.

Lets just say I rode Helix maybe 2-3 times while I was there...but Balder 20+ :)

Post October 13th, 2014, 11:43 pm

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
^
Glad someone said something lol
Helix does look kinda weak.....
It has great pacing, elements, environments, ride time, and theme! but it is missing that intensity that would have made it into legend.... I don't care if the launch is weak, but the actual ride has to be more intense to be able to receive so much love from the community.
And I HAVEN'T been on Helix, so my opinion is just based on POVS/offride.. As I'm sure many of your are.....
I'll take Maverick anyday. :lol:

Post October 14th, 2014, 12:30 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

People will always complain. It gives a nice variety to the park. I'd rather have a Helix then a Yolocoaster.

Post October 14th, 2014, 12:56 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Hello Coolbeans!

Regarding the blocks comment, it wouldn't surprise me if the ride had 5 or 6 blocks because lots of 3 train rides I know have 5.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!