Board index Public Relations Contests Seaside Screamer II - NL2 Contest (Results Released)

Seaside Screamer II - NL2 Contest (Results Released)

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post January 19th, 2017, 6:07 am

Points on hand: 4,118.00 Points

10 Days remaining, hope you guys have some good entrys coming along!
Now usually there would be a banner image here, but i cant add one. have some random text instead

Post January 22nd, 2017, 6:04 am

Submissions are now officially open!

You can submit by e-mailing a download link to me at thomasgc13@gmail.com with the subject as "SS2 [Username]:[Coaster Name]"

I request that you dont put parks up for release until the contest is over
Now usually there would be a banner image here, but i cant add one. have some random text instead

Hey guys, I have decided to extend the time to submit to the 31st of January to make sure people have a couple more days to finish their rides off, since we havent had that many entries so far

Post January 28th, 2017, 3:52 am
herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points
I will probably submit something although I'm not really happy about my result right now...
At what time and which time zone is the deadline? Is it at PM 11.59 at the UK time zone?

Post January 28th, 2017, 4:27 am

Yea, uk timezone

Post January 29th, 2017, 1:21 am
XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
Working on me submission

Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Post January 30th, 2017, 3:02 pm
herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

^That looks interesting!

Just send in my submission. :)

Post January 31st, 2017, 11:29 am

Just around 6 Hours left, get those entries in!

Post January 31st, 2017, 7:07 pm

Submissions are now over, Any rides sent in now wont be added to the list of entries. We are starting judging soon, and will be livestreaming the results within the next week (Most likely this sunday)

Post February 1st, 2017, 11:57 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
I had some fun ideas but I couldn't even start on my submission, too busy with work and such.

I do am curious on the results from everyone.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post February 1st, 2017, 12:05 pm
herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post February 2nd, 2017, 11:19 am

^We got jusy over 10 entries overall

Bad news. My computer has decided that now would be a good time to just stop connecting to the internet, and corrupt a lot of drivers i have installed. Its currently being fixed, but i have no idea when i will get it back

herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Wow, that's more entries then I expected to be! :) Good luck with fixing your computer!

I have my pc up and running properly again, Incredibly sorry for the delay. The order of entrys has been finalised, and all thats left to do are small writeups for each coaster

So, at this point im going to have to put the results up now, or they will just be forgotten and lost. All the judges have become tied up in personal projects and also school work, and also my computer breaking sort of threw off the entire thing. Apologies it took this long, but i hoped that during the UK half term the result write ups could have been done (needless to say they were not).

Winner: Sea Monster by JAKool

An insane attempt at a flying coaster, works around the template incredibly well and only has a couple track radius issues

2nd Place: Thunderbird by CoasterMac305

Probably one of the most unexpected coaster styles to be entered, shaped perfectly and the only glaring issue is that it wouldnt pass clearance with actual D6 Trains

3rd Place: Ignition by Kryptos001

Very well shaped to manufacturer, and the main thing that lets this ride down are some of the transitions that are a bit too quick for raised seating

4th Place: Bermuda Blitz by DerMuffinMaker

So much track in such a small space! Shares similar issues that Ignition had with some transitions, and has some questionable shaping in some roll transitions too

5th Place: Riptide - Mr. E

Flows around the layout nicely, feels like an old gen premier. Main issues are some small areas around the station area where the spline is a bit wonky where strict nodes are

Other Entries:

Apollo XIII - XYZcoaster

Memes. So. Many. Memes.

Beach Blitz - Losingmilk1

Massive improvement on the entry for last year's contest i did, works as a mack megalite nicely

Blaster - Swedishcoasterfreak

Very interesting little infinity, has a small block spacing issue at the end of the ride

Pantheon - Unclearly

Pretty ambitions entry, although the time constraints the entrant made this ride under show a fair bit

Son Of Waverider - Herman116

God this ride is cool. Its such a shame the trackwork isnt too great, otherwise this would be in the top 5 for sure

Disqualified Entries:
Typhoon - Xazzaphonic

Disqualified for going outside the template in 2 areas. The layout wasnt too great, but it was made in newton with a very last minute template made for newton

SOL - HLCoasters

Disqualified for the storage being outside the designated area. Shame this had to be disqualified, and it wasnt even because of the clipping tunnels (I had given the ok to that in a PM.)

-----------------------------------------

Sorry the results are not presented too well, but i didnt want to keep people hanging for a contest that had sort of lost traction after the results were late. Maybe next year...

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Wow those entries even touched my heart. I did enjoy browsing each "different" layout shown. :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Previous

Return to Contests