Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! SeaWorld San Diego 2021: Another New Coaster

SeaWorld San Diego 2021: Another New Coaster

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post December 10th, 2019, 12:52 pm
Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points
So you would think after getting Electric Eel in 2018, Tidal Twister in 2019 and Emperor in 2020, you would think that SeaWorld San Diego would calm down after that right????

Oh no, because it's seems like SeaWorld San Diego has filled plans for yet another new coaster for 2021, with the station and queue going in the old Wild Arctic simulator ride building. Here are the plans for it:

From looking at the plans, it's looks like the park is getting a family launch coaster from Intamin. Something in the vain of Wave Breaker: The Rescue Coaster at SeaWorld San Antonio. So if this turns out to be true, this will be SeaWorld San Diego's 3rd new coaster in the last 4 years (or 4th depending on what you class Tidal Twister as).

Source: https://behindthethrills.com/2019/12/se ... r-coaster/

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,527.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I like the triple launch. It looks pretty cool! Kind reminds a little to Cheetah Hunt. I'll have to make the drive down there to check it out :)
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Points on hand: 1,111.00 Points
Emperor has barely gone vertical yet and they're already announcing something new. I love SeaWorld. :lol:
// 1. Intimidator 305 // 2. Kumba // 3. Twisted Timbers // 4. Goliath (SFoG) // 5. Mako //

"I am a bright and colorful pinata and God is a 13 year old birthday boy whose parents have just announced their divorce"

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,183.00 Points
Oscar wrote:
I like the triple launch. It looks pretty cool! Kind reminds a little to Cheetah Hunt. I'll have to make the drive down there to check it out :)

You mean quadruple launch. It will have 4. :lol:

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points
So the Wild Arctic simulator that this coaster will be replacing will be taking it's last rides on January 10th 2020:

https://www.facebook.com/seaworldsandie ... 496737213/

Points on hand: 1,111.00 Points
RIP White Thunder. May you activate whisper mode in heaven. :lol:
// 1. Intimidator 305 // 2. Kumba // 3. Twisted Timbers // 4. Goliath (SFoG) // 5. Mako //

"I am a bright and colorful pinata and God is a 13 year old birthday boy whose parents have just announced their divorce"

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

Another Launch coaster??? that makes 4 for the same park. Manta, Electric Eel, Tidal Twister(kind of) and now this?? While I am always happy to see more thrills, especially in the way of Coasters for this park, I would prefer to see a better variety. I understand having to work around the height restriction, but, there are other ways to have a thrilling attraction with a max height. A medium height/size GG coaster could be a lot of fun, and add to the variety of coasters, but, hey, that's just my opinion. Also, have there been any further updates/announcements regarding this? I know it's probably going to be a while before parks make any new ride announcements due to current events, but, you never know.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!