Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! SFFT 2018 - Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster: RMC Raptor

SFFT 2018 - Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster: RMC Raptor

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
CKidd wrote:
I love how this looks. I hate the name. Why is six flags naming coasters "Blah Blah coaster"? Just leaving it at Wonder Woman is perfect. Its not like the GP is going to call it by anything but wonder woman

^ This this this.

I am effectively calling it Wonder Woman, which I think is an awesome and fitting name. But Six Flags has this incessant urge to caption their roller coaster names. Oh well. Like you said, nobody is gonna call it the Golden Lasso :lol:
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Wish they would make it use the terrain right behind it, such a missed opportunity for a ride so close to it.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Calling that like "Golden Lasso" sounds ideal, too! My small wish! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
Austin wrote:
Wish they would make it use the terrain right behind it, such a missed opportunity for a ride so close to it.

That's so that when they realize that installing a 400pph ride at a major themer was dumb, so they can move it to like, Frontier City or something.

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

I bet everyone who responds to this thread in the next 72 hours a Coaster Crazy T-Shirt that they will never reach the stated throughput.

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Mikey, they definitely will not lol. If they were concerned with throughput they wouldn't have installed a (another) coaster with 8 passengers per train in the first place.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

lol NEVER. I'll be amazed if they come remotely close.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 14,973.00 Points

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Maybe the short loading times will help? Checking 8 ostrs is pretty fast compared to normal. If they had a dual loading station and 4 trains I could see this concept working at larger parks, and then from a pure commercial standpoint you wouldn't need to hire additional ops since you only need one restraint checker per station, versus 2: one for each side.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

8 riders meaning one passenger per car will be happy about being able to spread their arms (wings) out, because they can simulate the insane flight as birds! Coming out with a "positive" opinion! xD

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
The raptor was a stupid idea from a start.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,043.00 Points
Jcoasters wrote:
Maybe the short loading times will help? Checking 8 ostrs is pretty fast compared to normal. If they had a dual loading station and 4 trains I could see this concept working at larger parks, and then from a pure commercial standpoint you wouldn't need to hire additional ops since you only need one restraint checker per station, versus 2: one for each side.

Loading times can only become as short as the longest time it takes to complete the biggest block section. I'm not convinced this is going to be a problem as the ride looks short but it definitely would put off a park from having such a ride as you can't extend the throughput past 700 (45 second ride from clearing lift to clearing brake run) odd without having basically no ride whatsoever.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Yeah, there would have to be two MCBR's, triple station (one unloading, two loading), and 3 miles of track!! :D
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Reminds me of the GIB supports for some reason.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

^^ The track piece doesn't look as big as the normal one does! Looks light to me! :D

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,043.00 Points
lol240 wrote:
^^ The track piece doesn't look as big as the normal one does! Looks light to me! :D

Light certainly being a relative term in this case!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
The raptor was a stupid idea from a start.

If you're RMC, you disagree. They are going sell a bunch of these things.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

True Addicts
True Addicts

Jcoasters wrote:

Half of the trains will be empty so that an entire fatass Texan family can attempt to ride together, only to have at least one of them not fit and waste 3 minutes trying. This will happen constantly. If the management had half an ass for a brain they would have watched Whizzer's perpetually half empty trains that happen when two guys don't want to ride prone together in a train that vibrates up a spiral lift for 2 minutes. What will be even better is if they're stupid enough to put bins on this ride. Buying this product with those trains was a terrible decision. It also wouldn't surprise me if they do the "lets stall out the lift at the top" crap with this product like all of the other RMCs so that they can lose more trains an hour.

It will also be a capacity failure in California. 8 riders per train is a joke, and it's a bad product.

Looks fun though!

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
I wonder how the capacity would be if they had a dual-loading station where both sides had their own separate loading and unloading areas.

Points on hand: 662.00 Points
I think it would be worse. After kingda ka we have been shown that SF isn't capable of handling a dual loading/unloading station.

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points

True Addicts
True Addicts

Looks like they're partially building the thing and then taking it back apart again later!

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
Saw some comments about the ride in a Live stream. I Question if this is true or not since the park was not the one doing the live stream.

Here is the link to the live stream

And here are the comments I found interesting from the live stream:

-Wonder Woman will be up and fully installed in 8 weeks as that is the deal that the park signed with RMC.

-Trains to arrive in January as well as testing to follow.

-The park is looking at a March 10th, 2018 opening for the ride.

In the meantime here are some new eye candy for you from the RMC plant, track almost to begin getting painted and foundations being poured at the park!!!
Attachments
2017-10-9.jpg
(c) Jeffrey Seibert
2017-10-9-2.jpg
(c) Jeffrey Seibert
2017-10-9-3.jpg
(c) Jeffrey Seibert
2017-10-11.jpg
(c) Jeffrey Seibert
2017-10-11-2.jpg
(c) Jeffrey Seibert
2017-10-11-3.jpg
(c) Jeffrey Seibert
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
It's amazing how much they want to beat CGA and open theirs first when no one actually cares which one opens first.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!