Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! SFGAdv 2018 - Cyborg Cyber Spin: Tourbillon Ride

SFGAdv 2018 - Cyborg Cyber Spin: Tourbillon Ride

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points

First of its Kind Thrill Ride to Debut at Six Flags Great Adventure
DC Super Hero CYBORG Themed Ride Coming in 2018
Six Flags Great Adventure, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment, today announced that it will premiere the world???s first thrill ride themed to the DC Super Hero CYBORG in 2018. Inspired by the movement of a gyroscope, CYBORG Cyber Spin will deliver an unrelenting and intense anti-gravity experience as it whirls guests on three axes high above the ground.

???Six Flags leads the industry in thrill ride innovation; it is part of our DNA,??? said Park President Neal Thurman. "Six Flags Great Adventure is home to an unparalleled collection of record-breaking attractions and we are excited to be adding CYBORG Cyber Spin, the first of its kind in North America. Like the Super Hero CYBORG of the JUSTICE LEAGUE, this futuristic, hi-tech ride will be unlike anything our guests have ever seen or experienced before and it is the perfect new thrill ride to expand our new Metropolis section.???

CYBORG Cyber Spin features a unique futuristic triple box design that allows the gondola to spin around three separate axes while rotating forward, backwards and sideways simultaneously at up to 70 feet in the air for intense and continuous movement. Seated 24 across with over-the-shoulder harnesses, riders will experience a thrilling combination of negative and positive gravitational forces. By night???this bold, new attraction promises to light up the New Jersey skies beckoning thrill seekers from near and far.

CYBORG Cyber Spin highlights include:

Unpredictable flips and pivots at heights up to seven stories (70 feet) above the ground;
Floorless seats that leave riders??? feet dangling as they whirl through the air;
Dazzling nighttime light display; and
Located in Metropolis adjacent to JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis.
CYBORG Cyber Spin is expected to debut in late spring of 2018.

Six Flags Great Adventure is also announcing the start of 2018 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year???savings up to 70% on a 2018 Pass.

August 31 through Sept. 4, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Season Passes include admission to both Six Flags Great Adventure and Hurricane Harbor, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends.

2018 Season Passes provide unlimited visits any operating day for the rest of 2017 (including park admission to Fright Fest?? and Holiday in the Park??), and all of 2018. Pass holders may also purchase a Premium Season Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner, and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2018 All Season Drink Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Premium Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I'm jealous of the parks that are getting these rides. If anything they're fun to watch!
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
I'm jealous of the parks that are getting these rides. If anything they're fun to watch!

The cycles that you could do with these things is insane - so many different parts to spin different ways!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
I suspect this will be much better to watch than to ride. Constant(ish) speed flipping just isn't that exciting. Reminds me of the old Zamperla Mixer/Rotoshake rides.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Is it just me or the ride name should be GateKeeper? Imagine one strong effect! :lol:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
mkingy wrote:
Coasterkidmwm wrote:

The cycles that you could do with these things is insane - so many different parts to spin different ways!

Too bad these will probably contain stock rides which will be far from interesting...
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I'm guessing they're going to do something with the rest of that area, because right now it looks really lonely lol. Maybe fill in the front section somehow then build something behind in a later year?

News Writer

True Addicts
True Addicts

Is the wooden thing the operator booth? That's really far away if it is.

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
I like how they literally just put the ride up on blocks.....

It really does well to highlight the ghetto that is SFGAdv
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Is the wooden thing the operator booth? That's really far away if it is.

Yeah but right now it looks like both the operator booth and the ride unit could be moved later... lol, like Metazoanhaddock said, the ride itself is propped up on blocks, and that shed seems to be lacking foundation (and also not facing the right way, if you zoom in) :lol: This construction zone though
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

True Addicts
True Addicts

Oh. I was assuming the back portion was attached to footers and the rest was being propped up. My mistake.

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Having seen it in person now, it's actually a lot closer to the main path than it looks in some of those photos. Seems they were fisheye which distorted the depth. I think it's in a great spot especially if they add paths around it in the upcoming years. One thing I really liked about SFGAdv is how they incorporated flat rides so prominently. One in particular I remember being right in the middle of the path. I think this might end up like that.

Anyways the ride looks really nice, and I'm sure it'll be fun and dizzying. I'll definitely check it out, though I doubt it's something I'd ride every time. Not big on spinny flats. I think it's good for the park though.

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,183.00 Points
Interesting that they went for vest/style restrains instead of ordinary OTSRs. Note that the promotional image in the first post on this thread shows the standard OTSRs. :?
Last edited by skyscraper on May 10th, 2018, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
That red motor really juts out a lot. I like though because it makes the ride look Cyborgy.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Oh gosh, those god awful lights.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

True Addicts
True Addicts

I mean if your theme is being batshit weird the lights work. Still think these are the best non-coaster investments they've made in a decade.

Points on hand: 1,187.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
I mean if your theme is being batshit weird the lights work. Still think these are the best non-coaster investments they've made in a decade.

IMO I think the skyscreamers take that title of best non-coaster investments, but these rides do look fun.

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
Over/under on how this lasts?

I'm saying 3 years.

SF and complex rides do not mix.

News Writer

Here is the ride in action, as well as some on-ride shots:

True Addicts
True Addicts

That's awesome! Hope these pop up at all the parks.

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!