Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! SFMM GETTING 3 NEW COASTERS FOR 2011

SFMM GETTING 3 NEW COASTERS FOR 2011

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post October 14th, 2010, 4:53 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
So Superman looks like AIDS.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 14th, 2010, 4:54 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Aids in the face.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post October 14th, 2010, 6:23 pm

Points on hand: 2,588.00 Points
Originally posted by dcs221

Having a choice could mean very uneven lines and a lot of annoyed people. From what I heard people weren't too thrilled with it before, so I figure they did the right thing by having both sides backwards. If you want high speeds facing forward, Goliath is about as fast as Superman was anyways.

Because going backwards makes the suck go away?

Ok, actually I can see how looking down during that period of weightlessness would be more interesting than looking at the sky the whole time.

But if they really want to make it interesting without laying new track they could build a theme building over the flat with smoke, lasers, strobe lights and some animatronic or projection nemesis to harass you. Some cool things can be done with fog screen projections these days, coming down off the tower into a randomly selected event each time (out of say 5 choices) would increase ridership some I think.

Or they could buy a crappy kiddie ride to try and steal the pointless Biggest Di--- I mean Most Coasters award away from Ceder Point.
Be sure you're not looking in a mirror before you start pointing fingers.

Post October 14th, 2010, 6:45 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
I'll give it 2 weeks before CP decides that they simply can't let this happen and announces something obnoxious.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post October 14th, 2010, 7:20 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
I see it coming:CP replaces Mean Streak by a dueling tri-track GCI.
Food for fanboys.

Post October 14th, 2010, 8:44 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

this is like being handed a sh1t sandwich . magic mountain doesn't need a rollercoaster that almost rides like a zipper" they need to restore sh#t .
six flags is the f*cking mcdonalds of theme park chains .

Post October 14th, 2010, 8:52 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

Post October 14th, 2010, 9:08 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

I've heard (from people that have actually ridden them) that the Zacspins are really great. I wouldn't mind one at all at SFNE.

Post October 14th, 2010, 9:45 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
What is all this "need need need"...What you say they "need" is clearly what you want, and not necessarily in the best interest of the company, which would be an actual need.

I've also heard really good reviews for Zacspins. Would I prefer a more normal, full length Intamin ride...probably. Would I ride the one they're getting and have a great time? Definitely.

Buttt I'm on the East Coast, so I will enjoy the other Green Lantern, though I have the same thoughts as I said for SFMM's Green Lantern.

Post October 15th, 2010, 12:56 am

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Why do people keep bashing??? Personally, I thibk it will be awesome. A Zac Spin, A Kiddie coaster (I actually find roller skaters very fun), and Superman Backwards. How much better can you get (and dont be a dick by saying "oooh a quadrouple track GCI that has biult in dildos and built in fake vaginas so you will feel like your having sex while you go on the bumps!"). Seriosly people, I thibk you should be excited. And east coast people, you are just jealous or are underrating it just because its Six Flags. Give love six flags a break. yes, they did screw up some rides but i personally love them. love Grow a brain and appreciate it for what it is love tards.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post October 15th, 2010, 1:11 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
^I think everybody here always welcomes new coasters. But what is wrong here is that SFMM build those coasters just to have those coasters, and they will start advertising Superman as a new ride too.

Post October 15th, 2010, 1:33 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
lol, only on the internet can you see someone call other people out while using such ridiculous language themselves.

Post October 15th, 2010, 1:36 am

Yeah I take the crappy kiddie ride comment, they can be more fun than a dull "adult" coaster layout, and I didn't mean the sex GCI mentioned above, that's from... somewhere else.

My main problem is that they're counting Superman as new ride when it's clearly not. Though turning the cars around sounds like a good idea.

Post October 15th, 2010, 2:18 am

Points on hand: 2,289.00 Points

It's all business. "3 new coasters" will bring the general public to sfmm.. even roller coaster enthusiast that are whining all the time will end up visiting the park next year.. yeah like Jcoasters said.. give six flags a break. be glad they are actually trying to have something new every year especially with the economy the way it is. "3 new coaster experiences" is great marketing strategy. I personally am very excited for next year..

Post October 15th, 2010, 10:22 am

Post October 15th, 2010, 10:49 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Yeah enthusiasts in general are retarded. I'm impressed by SFMM. I definitely want to go back after visiting back in May!

Post October 15th, 2010, 11:16 am

Points on hand: 1,303.00 Points
Cedar Point isn't going to get butt hurt over this, because Cedar Point doesn't care. Why would they? Six Flags parks can throw as much junk into their parks as they can possibly (not) afford, but it's not going to change the fact that Cedar Point is still a better park. Cedar Point is superior to any Six Flags Park, because of its better setting, its cleaner, friendlier, better themed, better atmoshpere, etc. The list goes on and on.

I like Six Flags parks and I like Cedar Fair parks, but they are both very different. Six Flags does its best, but I believe most Cedar Fair parks are superior.

It's like comparing faster suped up Mustang GT to a Porsche. Sure the Mustang has more to offer as far as speed goes, but the Porsche is so much better put together and is more enjoyable to drive, because of it.

Cedar Point has nothing to worry about. I have a feeling they will be building a nice new coaster within the next year or so. Something as neat as or comparable to Maverick, if you will. They won't just toss a kiddie coaster and another small scale coaster into the mix to break any pointless records, while they let their older coasters decay and go to waste.

I say good for Six Flags. I hope to make it out to MM some day. I also so who cares about who has the most coasters? I care more about where I can get the best experience.

Post October 15th, 2010, 11:18 am

I like 3/4 SF parks I've been to more than Cedar Point. And I don't get the best experience at either.

Post October 15th, 2010, 11:24 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by ProZach626

Cedar Point isn't going to get butt hurt over this...

Yes they are, everytime SFMM builds a coasters, CP builds one and the other way around. Both parks can't stand it that their rival has one more coaster, regardless of the quality of the park and the coasters.

Post October 15th, 2010, 12:15 pm

Like I said,tri-track GCI,at least CP is not so shameless like SFMM and repaint coasters and call em new.

Post October 15th, 2010, 1:57 pm

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
WTF? I seriously don't get SFMM, and that's my home park. Why would you build Zac Spin with X2 in the park? I can see it would be an easy build and fits in that area by Batman and Riddler. And the cost would be a lot lower than trying to buy adjacent land.

Hope they at least have 1 car forwards on Superman or whatever it's to be renamed.

Green Lantern
Renamed Super-something
Mr Six'x Dance Coaster (shoot whoever authorized that name)

So, 2 new rides and 1 re-theme.

[qoute]Cedar Point is still a better park[/quote] -ProZach626

I totally agree and haven't even been to Cedar Point. SFMM is...ghetto? I mean, they couldn't even dig up the parking lot and plat a few trees for Scream? They have some awesome rides, yes, but park maintenance suffers badly.

Edit: Goliath goes the same speeed. LOL!!!

Post October 15th, 2010, 7:06 pm

Originally posted by Onjin

... Why would you build Zac Spin with X2 in the park? I can see it would be an easy build and fits in that area by Batman and Riddler. [/i]

That's like saying, "You have a steel coaster from Intamin, why would you build one from Vekoma?" Apples and oranges my friend. I'm willing to bet the X2 and a ZacSpin are very different experiences.

Magic Mountain must be doing better, or hoping to do better soon, since they're throwing down the 'most coasters' gauntlet again. Weren't they in danger of being sold and turned into housing not too long ago?

Post October 15th, 2010, 7:25 pm

At least if they spend to much cash for new coasters and not enough for maintance,then the most coaster record for SFMM will vanish like Shapiro as CEO.

Post October 15th, 2010, 8:03 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Yeah Zazu, X2 is completely different then a zac spin. X2 focuses on cool postions (like the upsidown vertical placement, on your back, flying, and cool flips that add airtime wierdly while going down. Haha at the last raven turn, you flip and get airtime. Pure Magic. anyways, back on topic.), while Zac Spins focus on random out of control flipping. I completely agree with Zazu
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post October 15th, 2010, 9:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
The thing about Zacspins is that you're getting a different ride every single time, unless you re-ride in the same seats with the same people and the same wind, etc. There are many aspects of the zacspin that's variable with each ride, and it's what makes the ride a surprise and FUN
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!