Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! SFStL 2018 - Typhoon Twister Waterslide

SFStL 2018 - Typhoon Twister Waterslide

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 31st, 2017, 9:20 am
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points

Typhoon Twister to Take Six Flags St. Louis By Storm in 2018
Hybrid Zero-Gravity Slide Coming to Hurricane Harbor Water Park
Six Flags St. Louis, the Coaster Capital of Missouri, announces Typhoon Twister, a massive new water attraction, headed to Hurricane Harbor in 2018. This hybrid, zero-gravity slide complex packs two extreme slide thrills into one amazing attraction.

???Six Flags St. Louis takes great pride in offering our guests new, groundbreaking rides and attractions every year. For 2018, Six Flags leads the way in innovation again as Typhoon Twister is unlike any other water attraction, giving riders two completely different thrill experiences in one very intense slide,??? said Park President Pete Carmichael. ???This one-of-a-kind experience is another big reason why our guests will want to enjoy both the water park and the theme park during their visits next year.

Typhoon Twister features four-person rafts that careen wildly into a 125-foot long whirlpool bowl that spins riders around 360 degrees before the bottom drops out, sending guests plummeting down an enclosed five-story drop. Storm chasers will then be propelled up a 45-ft. zero-gravity wave wall to experience moments of weightlessness before falling back down and shooting out into the splash pool below.

Typhoon Twister highlights include:

A hybrid, zero-gravity drop slide;
125-ft long whirlpool bowl with a 54-ft vertical drop;
A unique 45-ft. high wave wall that sends riders into weightlessness;
Cloverleaf tube seats four people all facing each other; and
Pumps 300,000 gallons of water per hour.
Typhoon Twister, scheduled to make landfall in May 2018, is the latest addition to the 12-acre water park which is offered free with theme park admission. Riders must be a minimum of 48??? tall to brave Typhoon Twister.

Six Flags St. Louis is also announcing the start of 2018 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year???savings up to 70% off on a 2018 Pass!

August 31 through September 4, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Combo Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Combo Season Passes include admission to Six Flags St. Louis and Hurricane Harbor, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends.

2018 Season Passes provide unlimited visits for the rest of the 2017 season (including park admission to Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park) plus all of 2018. Pass holders may also purchase a Premium Season Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner, and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2018 All Season Drink Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Premium Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post August 31st, 2017, 11:23 am

Points on hand: 2,903.00 Points

Post August 31st, 2017, 5:44 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Looks like an awesome waterslide. I haven't been to waterparks much :/
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 2nd, 2017, 1:34 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Oh hey, finally an interesting exit of a toilet bowl slide.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
While it's shitty to do this:

"My whole body went off the raft and of course, when it went back down, my hands were still on it and it threw it me so far forward and back so fast"

I have no idea what she's attempting to describe.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 4,433.00 Points
She did get some airtime probably
*Likes Taron, Untamed, Troy and Colorado Adventure a lot*

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Sounds more like she didn't brace herself for anything that could have come, but just held on.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!