Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Shall we wood, again?

Shall we wood, again?

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post September 22nd, 2005, 3:41 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Post September 22nd, 2005, 3:44 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
man . . .u better make this your coaster on No limits

Post October 5th, 2005, 6:18 pm

Post October 5th, 2005, 6:20 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Alright, it's great to see Woodride is back in buisiness. Maybe I should purchase some stock.

Post October 5th, 2005, 6:27 pm

[lol] Call for rates ...
This one is going to be small, but I want to work on a few "other" things on this one, so it might be a while before it ever gets finished. ;-)

Post October 5th, 2005, 6:35 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Good to see you back, Tcon. You are the reason i'm pretty good at NL now, so I'm very glad to see you're back in buisness.

Post October 5th, 2005, 6:37 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Post October 5th, 2005, 7:18 pm
man

Points on hand: 111.00 Points
that was the best desscription I have ever read LOL

Post October 5th, 2005, 8:30 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points

Post October 5th, 2005, 8:34 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Originally posted by screamomatic

Hippocrit! << (Is that how you spell it?)

If that's directed at me, I would like you to read this:

Comment By TConwell on 07/14/2005
I am hoping this rate is received properly, cause it is not going to make you very happy -- but I am hoping there is something's you can use here to help you design your next ride.

T - Not bad, but there are some real issues that just make this coaster look sloppy, overall. Number one is the trackwork. The pumping is excruciating on this track. The biggest issue I see here is the overall yanks over hills and then the spine stapling in the valleys. This coaster is going to be painful, period, and the ride gets worse the farther back you sit. The hills need to be more parabolic for certain, and the vertex placement (bottom - top - bottom) is really killing the ride here. While some can pull this off, it needs a tremendous amount of work to smooth. Your first turn around is really bad here (and what the heck is with the chain???? -- it is not needed) ... the pumping is obvious from just looking at it in the editor in 3D mode, but the placement of the verticees, banking, it is all just off. Not to pimp one of my rides, but here is a similar turn on one of my coasters that may help you see what I am talking about. Now, compare that turnaround to yours and I think you can see what I mean. This coaster of mine is not wonderful or anything, but the perfection of the hand crafted turn-around is what I wanted you to see. It was one of my best pieces of work at that time.

http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_excha ... p?tid=4492

The final brake run is just bad. The angle of approach is going to toss me out of the seat and I am 6'0" and 220 lbs -- thus, my child bearing days will be over. The slam to the stop is just way too abrupt, and needs to be smoother. The final turn on the brakes is a bit too odd. I am sure these cars will be rubbing in real life and someone with long arms may find themselves with a pinched finger - but that is just an observation.

A - Adrenaline was fair, but a bit too repetitive. While I can see a small hint of Miller influence here, there is nothing else that really makes this coaster stand out. In general, it is simply "blah". I'm sorry, but this needs a real kick in the pants or something to bring your riders back for more. Even something as simple as the Judge Roy Scream at SFOT makes you want to come back, and that is a simple out and back.

O - Like I said there is a hint of Miller's designs here, but what I am really driving at here is there is nothing that really makes this coaster stand out. The technical issues it has aside, the overall presentation of this ride is pretty basic and rudimentary. There are no surprises, no real thrills here, and the pain ... well ... that is what I will remember the most from this one.

Now, bottom line -- please keep on designing though cause you have a decent knack here -- but I hope my comments have somewhat helped you man. Again, don't put too much stock in the numbers.
~TJ
Technical: 4.5 Adrenaline: 6.5 Originality/Acc.: 5.5 Average: 5.50

This rate pretty much told me how to make smooth coasters (and the ensuing PM by Trackwalker), and really got me intrested in NL again.

EDIT: I can't thank you enough for this rate Tcon, even if it was hard.

Post October 5th, 2005, 8:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,487.00 Points

he was talking to Tcon cause he said he would never do NL again, and that was the longest rate I've ever seen XD

Post October 5th, 2005, 10:22 pm

Hippocrit! << (Is that how you spell it?)
It is spelled "hypocrite" and the definition of that word is, "a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he or she does not hold in order to conceal his or her real feelings or motives". As you can clearly see, I have done NONE of these things listed. But, more importantly, you are an ass.

What you need to do is learn to state the facts properly or shut that yap on your face. What was said (and I quote) was, "After some careful thought and consideration this is most likely my final design."

http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9329

You see, it is morons like you that aggrevate most designers and make folks want to stop designing. Now, I want you to sit over there in the corner and shut your mouth until one of us talks to you. You are immature, and obviously unable to carry on a reasonable conversation.

I have decided to design another coaster and that is all you need to know. And, no, I don't need approval or an additional comment from you ... now again, shut up.

Originally posted by man

that was the best desscription I have ever read LOL
Heh, obviously it was meant for idiots like those above.

Originally posted by Jimmy Yoshi

EDIT: I can't thank you enough for this rate Tcon, even if it was hard.
Jimmy, that rate was done for you man. I see some REAL potential in your designs and wanted to REALLY encourage you. Chumps like screamomatic should not get away with stupid rates that discourage folks, and I wanted to be sure you got a proper rate to help you out. It was my pleasure man. Keep up the great work.

Post October 5th, 2005, 10:33 pm

TCon also gave me a rate which has influenced all of my coasters since.

Hopefully this rating helps you -- pay no attention to the numbers as I am merely trying to help here with some decent comments to assist your building.

T - Lots of pumping here to deal with, beginning right from the station and it just gets worse. When you ride in the rear car watch the whole train in front of you. When it looks like it jerks quick left or right to "right itself", that is a pump or an odd jerk. One or two is normal on a wood, but you have this all over the place - I presume at every vertice placement due to smoothing issues. It needs work on smoothing, l-o-t-s. The kicker wheels in the station do not need to be there, so get rid of them -- woodies just do not have them anymore unless there is a specific reason, and your coaster is fine with the angle out of the station and rolling to the lift. Your supporting is bad (real bad), and needs to be cleaned up. You need better lateral supporting on the overbanked turns and since your coaster does not straighten out very much, the whole track needs additional bracing.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE AHEAD -- PAY ATTENTION!!!

When you have your own tunnels, and when your train is going through them and you see supports from your track in the darkness, this means your train fails the tunnel test. Now, in the sim it is no big deal -- but that area in the "tunnel" is where hands, arms, and heads (and feet on suspended coasters) traditionally are. This means, my hands (which are always in the air on ANY coaster), were smacked against some pine and most likely broken or cut off. Get it? It is bad ... very, VERY bad.

A - A great layout and very thrilling to say the least. This reminds me of an early Bobcoaster design, but again, with the technical issues it is far from that category -- but thought I would state that it reminded me of his work. Very thrilling and pacing is wonderful, but again -- the technical issues.

O - Pretty original layout for sure and an excellent twister that cleaned up, would REALLY be something to be proud of. Not bad overall ... but the technical issues, the technical issues. It just hurts the whole presentation here. :-(

Technical: 3 Adrenaline: 6 Originality/Acc.: 5.5 Average: 4.83

I took a bit of offense at the numbers early on, but I realized that he's only trying to help me. TCon is someone on this site who is good (Some would argue). Espescially in helping out the person who is strugling with making a good ride. Keep up what you're doing TCon. [:)]

Post October 6th, 2005, 4:36 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

^^^ I agree with that. I learnt alot from TJs rates, and from his rides. I also learnt alot off of bobcoaster aswell.

[:D] Thanks guys

Good luck with this ride man. It better be a good ride [:D]

Post October 6th, 2005, 7:39 am

Thanks gents ... and [lol] to JP. ;-)
Everyone together now ... Kumba ya, my Lord ... Kumba ya!

Post October 6th, 2005, 7:57 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Omg, I was joking around, nobody knows whats what anymore, forget about it.

Post October 6th, 2005, 9:40 am

Omg, I was joking around, nobody knows whats what anymore, forget about it.
How was anyone to know you were joking? There were no smilies, no pictures, no avatars saying how happy you are, no nothing. Just a one word, slanderous and inflamatory comment directed at me. Please man, you spoke what was in your heart and got blasted for it. Two different people took your comment as offensive, which means there was obviously NO hint of it being a joke. Rather than try to cover it up and change the focus of your comment, just accept the response you got and move on.

Post October 6th, 2005, 6:34 pm

Update:
Coaster has hit the trash ... comments still apply to those who needed them.

Post October 6th, 2005, 6:40 pm

^Dang. My Woodrides stock just hit 10????????? a share. Down from about $3.

There's always next year. *Sigh*

Post October 6th, 2005, 6:56 pm

[lol]
Trading may begin sooner than you think ... my friends here will know the score and get the insider deal -- but I ain't going to jail for any of you so do with the info what you will, but leave my name out of it!
[lol]

Post October 6th, 2005, 6:58 pm

^Maybe we should start calling you Martha. Yah, that's a good idea. [;)]

Post October 6th, 2005, 6:59 pm

Return to Hard Hat Area