Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Over Texas 2015 - Battle For Metropolis

Six Flags Over Texas 2015 - Battle For Metropolis

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points
I'm not real sure if anyone has started a thread for this yet, but if not, here it is.
Six Flags Over Texas released this new picture today on their facebook and twitter page. If you look closely at it, there is a design for something to the left, it kinda looks like a giant mister fan, but who knows, just speculating. There are also banners in Pandemonium's que line that were there when they were retheming it from the previous Tony Hawks Big Spin ride clone. This is going to be interesting to find out on August 28th/29th (not real sure on the date). Once again, this is only speculation for the new ride in 2015, but if those are the plans, looks like we will see a new coaster in sight for Six Flags Over Texas.
Attachments
IMG_1384386774848.jpeg
This is the picture that SFOT released this afternoon on their social media sites promoting the new ride in the construction stage that nobody know anything about.

Post August 2nd, 2014, 8:29 pm
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

The Texas Thrill Seekers group has found some more clues within the picture. If you look closely at the picture, the ACE logo and the TTS logo are visible.

Post August 2nd, 2014, 8:32 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points

Post August 2nd, 2014, 8:34 pm
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Its vaigly visible. Have to have settings set just right and zoomed in tremendously to see them

Post August 2nd, 2014, 9:27 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Too much work, will wait for easier clues from the park to come out :P

Post August 2nd, 2014, 11:33 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

This is an interesting picture, because the work that they are doing is in the building that is directly behind where the photographer was standing.

We know that the 3D theater (Formerly The Right Stuff, Dino Island, Spongebob, etc) was gutted, and that footers have been installed throughout. They also extend directly behind the building into then lower reservoir basin of the Roaring Rapids. This is the area that is behind the trees across from Superman: Tower of Power, behind Newmans Hot Dogs, and extending all the way under the Dive Bomber Alley ride and boomtown games. Which of course, is next to the building in question.

Are they implying with a picture like this, of some how extending Pandemonium? The footers are about the size of those used on that ride.

Post August 3rd, 2014, 12:50 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post August 3rd, 2014, 6:21 am
TRS

Points on hand: 325.00 Points

Post August 3rd, 2014, 6:21 pm
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Mikey wrote:
This is an interesting picture, because the work that they are doing is in the building that is directly behind where the photographer was standing.

We know that the 3D theater (Formerly The Right Stuff, Dino Island, Spongebob, etc) was gutted, and that footers have been installed throughout. They also extend directly behind the building into then lower reservoir basin of the Roaring Rapids. This is the area that is behind the trees across from Superman: Tower of Power, behind Newmans Hot Dogs, and extending all the way under the Dive Bomber Alley ride and boomtown games. Which of course, is next to the building in question.

Are they implying with a picture like this, of some how extending Pandemonium? The footers are about the size of those used on that ride.

I'm not exactly sure what they are implying in this picture. The theater is completely gutted and the lights have been on inside, but that is all that you can see as the entrance from the main walkway is temporarily walled off with those foldable walls

Post August 8th, 2014, 4:52 am

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
Heres some update stuff I found on it.

http://sfneonline.org/2014/07/27/cyclon ... -update-1/
http://sfneonline.org/2014/08/03/cyclon ... -update-2/

TL;DR Highlights

'RMC van's were seen moving in and out of the park.'
'Track, not supports, have been removed very carefully throughout the track'
'Entire Brake run, Station, and turn track's are gone'.

August 28th, guys..

Post August 11th, 2014, 12:45 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Interesting, offtopic but, I really want to know what Great Adventure is doing, whatever it is, they have done a real good job at keeping quiet and not showing anything.

Post August 11th, 2014, 12:53 am

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
^
Might not be that big, I think we would heard about something by now right? Plus the just put in a world record, so they can coast on that record for another year at least.
Then again, SFMM put in their record drop tower in 2012 right? Then put in the underrated Full throttle in 2013. So who knows?
Does the park need or is missing a coaster type?

Post August 11th, 2014, 1:35 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

It's missing just a "new" coaster.
El Toro was the last "New" install. They are becoming as bad as Dorney with their last install being 2005.
We just need a Giga coaster to make it the best coaster line up on the East Coast.
I don't consider CP on the east coast really, it's more inland :P

Post August 11th, 2014, 1:55 am

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
I feel with Nitro being so praised as a hyper, and El Toro being so praised for its airtime, steep drop, and general awesomeness, a Giga coaster is not a smart move by the park. The park has filled the need for a what a Giga coaster includes. A right move for the park would be a flying coaster, wing rider, 4D, something that gives the park more diversity. One reason I love SFMM, the coasters are diverse, and some are rare.
SFGAdv is awsome with its line up already! To have the best coaster line up on the east coast, you need rarer type of coasters you can't find so common. The park has plenty so far, but what's it missing?

Post August 11th, 2014, 8:11 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Well, they already have a flying coaster, Superman, and I'm not so sure how popular a 4D would be, but guess it's possible, a Wingrider would be cool, but it's not diverse since CP is not too far away, so I'm not sure what is needed.

Post August 11th, 2014, 10:53 am

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
they already are clearing out the shopping center and flattening out the flash back area so it seems either a new area with multiple things or just a super sized coaster>>

n wwith this kinda work you know there up to something if there clearing it all out now>>> :)

Post August 11th, 2014, 11:00 am
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

they could be clearing it out for future projects within the coming years

Post August 11th, 2014, 12:14 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Guess I haven't really noticed the clearing out of that area, will have to look next time I go :P

Post August 15th, 2014, 9:01 pm

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
Sorry about my post, I meant for it to go in the SFNE topic.

Post August 18th, 2014, 9:21 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post August 26th, 2014, 11:20 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Coming in 2015! JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS! It??????s the ultimate superheroes adventure mission during this 3D interactive dark ride experience. Get ready to match wits against Lex Luthor, The Joker and his henchmen as you join the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve team.

After touring the fully immersive 3D Hall of Justice, you??????ll receive your very own stun gun to battle the bad guys then it??????s a swift ride through a dazzlingly designed Metropolis cityscape, deep into the shadows of Lex Corp. Lifelike animatronics, cutting edge special effects, 3D video, eye-popping graphics, real-time gaming and a mind-tingling sound-scape make this journey to justice an utterly interactive experience. Will you help SUPERMAN and BATMAN rescue the other members of the JUSTICE LEAGUE from Lex Luthor??????s and The Joker??????s evil plans? Join the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team today to save your favorite superheroes!

Facts: All new 3D interactive dark ride which utilizes lasers, computer graphics, film elements, interactive game play, animatronics and a programmable conveyance system.
Walk through an interactive queue line and loading area before boarding six-passenger, motion-based vehicles to begin your hunt to stun the bad guys. These state-of-the-art cars will be programmed to twist and turn at 360?????? to ensure you do not miss any of the action while on this adventure.
Suit up with 3D glasses and arm yourself with laser guns then engage in a full-sensory journey while battling against The Joker and his henchmen to save BATMAN, SUPERMAN, WONDER WOMAN and GREEN LANTERN.
This project is collaboration with some of the biggest and most innovative names in the theme park industry. Sally Manufacturing will design the animatronic super heroes that come to life before your eyes. Pure Imagination will oversee the production of the3D graphics and film using high-tech Computer Generated Imagery. The interactive and state-of-the art interactive gaming elements will be developed by Alterface and the fully programmable, multi-DOF vehicles that will transport you through the city of Metropolis will be designed by Oceaneering.
At Six Flags Over Texas, JUSTICE LEAGUE: BATTLE FOR METROPOLIS will make quite an impression in the U.S.A. section of the park spanning nearly 20,000 square feet. The ride is scheduled to open in the spring of 2015.

Post August 27th, 2014, 12:17 pm

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
im thinking of going to sfot tomorrow for my birthday for like 2 hours.. probably in the morning...

Post August 27th, 2014, 12:39 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post August 28th, 2014, 8:38 am
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
It is basically Six Flags response to Wonder Mountain's Guardian. A 3D dark shooting ride themed on Superman. I honestly think WMG is better.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!