Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Steel supports for wooden coaster

Steel supports for wooden coaster

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post September 18th, 2017, 8:26 pm

Points on hand: 112.00 Points
Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this has been tackled before, but was hoping someone could help me with this. I want to create a wooden coaster, but use steel structure like Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, or Invadr. The way I was trying to create this, I keep running into a snag. To make this work, I would create a ghost version of the coaster and hide the track. I would use the wooden generator to create supports only. After the supports are generated, I would change the material to steel supports of some sort. Next, I would go back to the original coaster and to the wooden generator. I would only select the catwalk and railing, but no supports. It generates the catwalk, railing, but no posts to connect to the railings, so the railings are literally floating in the air. Now I could go through and connect each one individually, but that would take forever. Has anyone come up with a better solution? I would love to know!

Post September 18th, 2017, 9:14 pm

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
This might sound a little convoluted at first but it's easier and less tedious than what you described.

While making Second Wind and Voyage, one thing I've tried is, if the terrain is high enough, select the whole thing (without supports yet) and press page down (adjusting the snap distance as needed and keeping track of how many times you press page up/down) until the whole thing is underground, and turn on wooden auto-supports (catwalks and handrailings turned on too). Why underground? Because there will be no structure but there will be handrail posts. Select everything again and move everything back up to where it was before, and add wooden supports again but this time with the catwalk, handrails, and clear auto-supports unchecked so it's just the structure. Make sure the track and handrails/catwalks are still selected, and move it somewhere out of the way using the arrow keys or page up/down so you can select the support structure itself and turn it into the steel supports you want, and then move the track and handrails back into place.

Post September 19th, 2017, 2:13 pm

Points on hand: 112.00 Points

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2