Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Stratosphere High Roller to Close!

Stratosphere High Roller to Close!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post December 26th, 2005, 10:18 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

The Stratosphere Hotel in Las Vegas, home to many extreme thrill rides that sit at the top of the hotels observation tower will be closing and removing High Roller within the next 3 months.

Click below for more information.
Last edited by Canadmos on February 17th, 2006, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post December 27th, 2005, 12:17 am

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Post December 27th, 2005, 12:31 am

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

wow they should build an intamin free fall off the side[peakhill]

Post December 27th, 2005, 12:46 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

as being a member that has ridden this, im kinda glad its going away to make more room. The ride itself sucks, and the otsr make it hard to see off the edge.

I heard this new 2 days ago, but didnt think to post it. Iheard December 31st is the last operating day!

Post December 27th, 2005, 12:50 am

Points on hand: 2,903.00 Points

I always wanted to ride it, oh well.

Maybe they will build a better coaster up there!

Post December 27th, 2005, 1:24 am

Points on hand: 58.00 Points

It's a boring ride and I'm not sad to see it go but I do hope the new ride will be more reliable than the last two additions they put up there. Insanity and Exscream are extra frightening knowing they could strand you over the edge of the tower at any moment.

Post December 27th, 2005, 1:56 am
man

Points on hand: 111.00 Points
oooh wow now I wanna go up there all though I wanted to ride that ride

Post December 27th, 2005, 4:42 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
I can kinda understand that, its a pointless ride that is so freaking slow. I heard they might place Vekoma Boomberang up there. Now that would be scary.

Post December 27th, 2005, 5:11 am

Points on hand: 3,029.00 Points

I don't think there would be enough room for that up there but if they did it would be great!!!

Post December 27th, 2005, 6:25 am

Points on hand: 71.00 Points

Post December 27th, 2005, 7:30 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Thats an awesome idea!!!!! A toppy towers would suit it down to the ground. [lol]
Although high roller only goes round the edge so thats the only room being made free, so its more likely to be another coaster i would say. Or a drop ride off the side. Like the fish hook coaster they planned but without the extra track, just the drop.

wow they should build an intamin free fall off the side

Thats the type of thing im thinking of. Like you board right at the top of the tower on a platform. When everyone has got on, the platform moves away, and leaves you sitting 1000 foot up in the sky right on the edge of the tower! You wait there for a few seconds and then WHOOOOOSHH, you drop all the way down the side. [:D]

Post December 27th, 2005, 8:04 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
It's too bad to hear this go, but if they are making room for a more exiting thrill ride. That would defenatly be nice [:D]

Originally posted by jpecool

Thats the type of thing im thinking of. Like you board right at the top of the tower on a platform. When everyone has got on, the platform moves away, and leaves you sitting 1000 foot up in the sky right on the edge of the tower! You wait there for a few seconds and then WHOOOOOSHH, you drop all the way down the side. [:D]

I totally agree with you, then this would be also the HIGHEST freefall tower on the planet! [pshades]

Post December 27th, 2005, 9:09 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

It's too bad to hear this go, but if they are making room for a more exiting thrill ride. That would defenatly be nice [:D]

Originally posted by jpecool

I totally agree with you, then this would be also the HIGHEST freefall tower on the planet! [pshades]

The highest freefall tower that I wouldn't even think of riding... I don't know if I could even muster up the courage to ride on the S&S Tower...

Post December 27th, 2005, 9:43 am

Points on hand: 58.00 Points

The way the layout of the tower rides are now is, the highest level has the big shot, the next level had High Roller, below all this is the outdoor observation area and Insanity and Exscream. For any ride to drop off the edge it would have to extend somehow 15 to 20 feet out from where High Roller currently sits. I will be there the end of April but I'm sure nothing will be ready by then if even announced. I have my friends out there watching the papers for me though.

Post December 27th, 2005, 6:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,231.00 Points

I don't think the fish hook will be built. I remember reading a recent article about how residents were complaining about how the noise would disturb them. I've also read that the ride would waste space for better things like book stores or similar things. I also remember reading that they don't want their city to reflect a carnival and that they want it to be a more serious city.

My comment towards what they think is that they are amazingly stupid! For one thing, Vegas is itself a crazy city. It is filled with prostitues, adult strip clubs, and so much more. I don't see how they could think a mere little coaster would effect the city and how it would reflect itself. Also the coaster itself is enclose and has rubber wheels which reduces the noise at HIGH fraction. They are being selfish. If they don't want to live in a city that reflects a carnival or w/e then they should move to a more serious city, because like I said, the city itself is crazy and they still don't notice that.

Post December 27th, 2005, 7:07 pm

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
a kingda ka type coaster that has the peak going over the pointy stick at the top of the tower and it goes over 600 mph

yeah lets all be idiots

Post December 27th, 2005, 7:24 pm

Points on hand: 1,751.00 Points

Post December 27th, 2005, 8:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,304.00 Points
Originally posted by Eric12

lets bungie jump off the side [:)]

Im in

Post December 27th, 2005, 8:30 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Yeah, nothing like getting cought in a crosswind and being swung into the nearby concrete wall...[lol]

Post December 27th, 2005, 10:38 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Originally posted by Fornication Nation

Yeah, nothing like getting cought in a crosswind and being swung into the nearby concrete wall...[lol]

It's only a fractured skull, no big. Hey, who cares, as long as you have fun. [lol]

Post December 27th, 2005, 10:50 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
Its crazy to put a bunjy jump ride on top of that stratosphere tower i would do it but its a crazy ideal

Post December 28th, 2005, 2:07 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Originally posted by SalaSander

What about a Topple Tower? :) http://www.hussrides.com/images/ClassicToppleTheme.jpg

Im with Sal, a Topple tower would be awesome up there

Post December 28th, 2005, 2:22 am

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

Originally posted by Fornication Nation

I actually saw it done (bungee jumping off the statosphere) on some tv show about 5 years ago. I don't remember what show it was but they built a big arm off the side of it so they didn't hit the tower.
Back on topic, I don't think I will miss not being able to go on the High Roller. All the other stuff looks a lot better and whatever they put its place should be really cool. I especially like the idea of a freefall off the side, even though it's probably not possible.

Post December 28th, 2005, 3:07 pm

Points on hand: 3,029.00 Points

It would have been good if they put LIM's on the High Roller banked the track and smoothed it out a little and make it do an extra lap!

Post December 28th, 2005, 3:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

What they need is a B&M Flyer round the top of the tower there, that'd be exciting!

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!