Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL2] The Butcher of Blaviken - B&M Invert

[NL2] The Butcher of Blaviken - B&M Invert

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post October 2nd, 2017, 7:41 pm

Points on hand: 2,395.00 Points
Having been thoroughly disappointed by the lackluster ending of Ouroboros, I decided to go a different route altogether. Still sticking with the old-school inspiration I've scaled up, by quite a bit. Borrowing from Raptor, Katun, Pyrenees, Phaethon, et cetera, I'm happy to present the beginnings of The Butcher of Blaviken.

Height - 40m
Length - 1084m
Inversion - 5
Vertical Loop | Zero-g Roll | Immelmann | Wingover | Wingover
Max Speed - 90km/h

The 25m tall vertical loop starts riders off with some of the heaviest and most consistent vertical g-forces on the ride.
screenshot-2017-10-02-20-02-21.png

A tight, undulating helix meanders through the supports under the zero-g roll.
screenshot-2017-10-02-20-04-42.png

An Immelmann in lieu of the standard cobra roll stands as the final big inversion before the short break on the MCBR.
screenshot-2017-10-02-20-03-52.png

A series of fast and snappy wingovers and tight turns finishes off the ride with intense forces in all directions.
screenshot-2017-10-02-20-06-47.png

Perspective on the layout.
EditorBoB.png

The supports were quickly and sloppily put into place to make things more visually appealing. I plan to make the supports as close to those found on older B&M inverts as I can.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Your drop shaping could use some work as it is not shaped correctly. Here are some reference photos.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Seems to me that it was mostly the angle my picture was taken at. The ride in the reference picture does bank a bit more than mine, but I'd still say mine is valid. I'm not wanting an exact replica of any particular ride, but rather a ride B&M might have made a decade or two ago. Riding The Butcher POV and then Katun POV shows how close I got a bit better as well.
katcomp.jpg

Another angle; maybe a bit more telling of the actual shaping.
BoBDrop.jpg

The first drop on these older B&M's vary a good amount. Some have a tight radius (Katun) others swing out a bit wider (Raptor). Some hold banking all the way until the vertical forces start increasing, others will straighten out before the change in pitch starts.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
That looks a lot better
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Paradox wrote:
That looks a lot better

Didn't change anything other than the viewing angle. The drop does look a bit, ugly, in the first picture. I suppose like us humans, roller coasters have a "good" side and a "bad" side. :P

Also, this was made with FVD++ so changing the first drop would mean redoing the entire ride. I'll pass.. haha

Post October 15th, 2017, 11:43 am

gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

This looks amazing!

Is that all just wooden support work?

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Yeah that looks fantastic! Keep up the good work!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Thank you!
Yes, it is all wooden support work. The process of laying the boards one by one, more or less, is taking forever, but I like the end result. Hard to see, but I've laid small pipes between the beams to give a primitive build look, like mud or clay holds the structure together. Maybe I'll pick up some 3D software after finishing this one, because the process is arduous.

This weekend I'm planning on doing, at the very least, a photo booth under the station. Future plans include a lake, a path around it, probably some docks and bridges, some rolling hills, and of course finishing the supports.

Post October 16th, 2017, 11:24 pm
PvM User avatar

Points on hand: 8,245.00 Points

Nice job on the station! The layout looks quite intense, I'm eager to see what you'll do with theming along the ride itself.

Post October 20th, 2017, 11:05 pm

I didn't have nearly as much time as I had hoped this week, so not a lot to add, but I thought I'd share my progress.

After a fair amount of experimenting, I think I've come up with a photo booth/store for underneath the station. The practical choice of putting workers underneath the exposed floor mechanism (better name for that?) instead of customers lead to an interesting concept. Passengers will come down the stairs and be greeted with a row of computers they can purchase pictures on. The other side will be a small store. I think I can make shirts and pants out of supports, maybe a few racks and shelves, and whatever else I can think of. In between the employees can shift from one task to another seamlessly if need-be. In the very back there you can see the first rendition of a photo printer; don't know how I feel about that one yet.

screenshot-2017-10-20-23-44-01.png

Return to Hard Hat Area