Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 The one and only NoLimits 2 Topic

The one and only NoLimits 2 Topic

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post December 6th, 2015, 9:59 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Heads up on update 2.2.1.1. I was riding Aileron and the sim started to severely miscalculate G's when the graphics lagged. There was a helix and it had 0 lateral G's, then when it was lagging for a quarter of the helix it said -1.0 lateral G's, then when it stopped lagging it went back to 0 lateral G's. Also when lagging happens, the accel G's flicker to like +/-12 G's for a split second. I do not know if this is a specific case to this park file, the wingrider train style only, or if it will happen with all types.

Post December 8th, 2015, 3:01 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Yeah seems to be a common problem since the new update!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post December 17th, 2015, 10:10 pm

Points on hand: 3,557.00 Points
I guess this is like the NoLimits random thoughts...

I hate making traditional style coasters. I see a lot of coasters posted here and think I've seen it before, so riding it would be very boring.

Post December 18th, 2015, 11:20 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ I love classic woodies because they look in most cases, same, but the ride experience is totally different! 8-)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post December 26th, 2015, 10:29 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Whats should i use to open any future nl2 videos with since quicktime will not work on windows 10?

Post December 30th, 2015, 5:36 pm

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
Something lacking that is more important than RMC, 6 seat hyper coasters, more flat rides, etc.: ctrl-S shortcut for saving.

Post January 5th, 2016, 3:47 am

SkyArrow wrote:
Something lacking that is more important than RMC, 6 seat hyper coasters

That's why we still can't put a SFMM Goliath style train! :(

Post January 5th, 2016, 4:44 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
SkyArrow wrote:
Something lacking that is more important than RMC, 6 seat hyper coasters, more flat rides, etc.: ctrl-S shortcut for saving.

Personally I would have loved to see the 6 and 8 seater dive coaster as well.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post January 5th, 2016, 7:42 am

No plan for any Togo related stuff so Cool5 will be pleased? ;)

Post January 5th, 2016, 2:04 pm

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Hi all...I am VERY new here and will start off admitting that as of the writing of this post I have NOT read every single post in this thread yet...so please forgive me if I mention things already mentioned. That said...I WILL read every single post as that is what I do....I am really loving NL2 (just got it for myself for Christmas) and when I get something new I learn everything I can about it. Sadly I have very little time at the moment to dive in like I want as I am a chef and my restaurant is about to re-brand so I have been and will be for the next couple months insanely busy with work. As if I am not anyways... If you like free time, do NOT become a chef. LOL

Ok...while playing around in NL2 the last couple weeks I have found a few things that either I am just missing or that I think may be a great add. Here they are in no order:

- Allow the in-editor keys to be remapped. I despise using ASDW for moving around. I am right handed, however, I almost always MOVE around in programs, games, etc. with my right hand on the arrow keys and use my left for keyboard actions or using the mouse for 'looking'. Also it would be nice (for me) to be able to zoom in and out of an editor window using the number pad or any other keys for that matter (Home/End, etc...) Maybe I am the only person in the world that does this (my kids NEVER use the arrows, rather always ASDW) but shouldn't it be my option as to HOW I use the keyboard? Just a thought.

- A way to sync window locations. If you use multiple windows (I am using 3) in the editor and are working in one view but need to see what you are doing in the other views it would be really nice to maybe click on a vertex in the window you are working in, press a key or click a 'sync' button and that location (vertex) would become the center of the other window(s) as well. On big coasters this would cut down the hassle and time to locate exactly where you working.

- Allow windows to be moved out of the main window for those of us with multiple monitors. Example: Move the messages or control panel to another monitor if desired while the trains are running. Maybe even allow the design windows to be moved to other monitors.

- Use some standard key commands: CTRL+S for SAVE (option+s on Mac), etc...

- For testing purposes could there be a way to start the train at a location other than the station. In other words maybe start at any block beginning? I am trying to test a section to get it just right and it means every time I test I have to run the entire track to where I am working...on my current layout that means a pretty significant amount of time just to get there every time; even at 4x speed.

I am sure I will have some more thoughts/ideas the more I use this....thanks for reading...

Greg

Post January 5th, 2016, 2:08 pm

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
ChefGregS wrote:
- For testing purposes could there be a way to start the train at a location other than the station. In other words maybe start at any block beginning?

If you name the blocks and use the coaster properties to move the train to the named start block you want, you can do that.

Post January 5th, 2016, 10:16 pm

SkyArrow wrote:
If you name the blocks and use the coaster properties to move the train to the named start block you want, you can do that.

Thanks!! I had them named, but the only time I looked at that feature was when I set it up and of course, it had nothing there at that time. I had not looked again since naming the blocks. That is a huge help!

Greg

Post January 8th, 2016, 8:54 pm

This Chance Tumbler ride will be made for NL2 by Coaster Lab!

Post January 8th, 2016, 9:19 pm

^ I can say like this is better than the already defunct "Evolution" at SF Great Adventure is! Maybe this is a portable ride judging from the big tires!

(Edited for adding minor thoughts.) :D
Last edited by lol240 on January 15th, 2016, 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post January 12th, 2016, 1:15 am

A couple more thoughts to add to the 8 mile long list they must have running for ideas, additions, and upgrades....LOL

- A way to sync the windows. I edit with 3 or 4 windows. It's a real pain to have to FIND in one window what I am doing in another. So the ability to switch on / off AUTO SYNC WINDOWS where all the windows will sync to the location of the window you are working in....and / or a context menu item so that you can work in a window, right click in any other window and select SYNC WINDOWS and it will sync with the one you have active. Hope that all made sense...

- Not sure if this one is possible or would kill most computers...but a way to TEST the track and trains in the editor while multiple VIEW windows are open. I love using the track view but sort of along the lines of what I suggested above...if ALL the windows would sync up while testing or using track mode (an option of course) that would be really nice and helpful. I can see where viewing from many angles at once could be useful.

- How about a hot key to de-pump selected areas

- A way to auto fix G-Force problems. Example...I build a track and several of the forces on drops hit +9. Like the de-pump feature it would fix those based on max settings that I have set up. If I want my track to never exceed 4.8 then it would fix anything over 4.8 to a max of 4.8. Would work with settings for + and - G's.

Post January 15th, 2016, 12:46 pm

Wow just after watching Herman's "The Big Race" I had a feeling that the NL "Vekoma Motorbike" would need a *decent* speedometer that really works to indicate the ride's actual speed!

Post January 23rd, 2016, 10:02 am

Points on hand: 1,642.00 Points

Post January 25th, 2016, 9:45 am

I thought that this was spectacular! - http://www.coastercrazy.com/21190/Ferrari-232 - 8-)

Post March 25th, 2016, 2:56 pm

Post March 27th, 2016, 8:33 pm

^ Transparent track mode, I believe! :lol:

Post January 12th, 2017, 2:47 am

I like the new scenery packs added in the new update. When you start using them, you grow a love hate relationship. I'd really like to copy a setup I have and paste it like you do supports.

screenshot-2017-01-12-02-44-02.png

I'd like to copy the bench, lamp, and trashcan and paste it along other parts of the fence instead of placing each scenery object and rotating them one by one.

Post January 19th, 2017, 9:32 pm

Points on hand: 2,204.00 Points
Anyone else sort of annoyed with the weird shimmering on the new 2.5 shadows. They seem to go to really bad quality on like 30 ft away even with maxed out settings. This on on a GTX 1070 and a core I7 6820HK.
Last edited by blackhand1001 on June 22nd, 2017, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post March 6th, 2017, 7:26 pm

What would be great is if you could import over everything in an specific area. Like, you could drag your cursor over an entire area, and select import area, which would not only import the roller coaster, but the terrain & foliage too.

Post March 8th, 2017, 7:53 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^ Almost like a select as group/family function I've mentioned several times?
What are these for?

Post June 22nd, 2017, 11:26 am

Points on hand: 2,204.00 Points
Anyone else think the lift hill, and train rolling sounds need serious improvements. Some customization on them would be great as well. Not all coasters of the same track type sound the same etc. Also wish you could turn off the horn on the floorless type. Very few floorless coasters actually have a horn that goes off everytime it dispatches.

PreviousNext

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2