Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Thorpe Park

Thorpe Park

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post May 5th, 2008, 9:09 pm

Points on hand: 992.00 Points
Hey guys,

Just wondering cuz i will be going to thorpe park in June, those of who have been there who busy is it usually?
I was thinking of ordering just normal tickets cuz Fasfrack is quite a bit more expensive, specially as they dont do any group discount on that.

So is it really worth the Fastrack? i want to try and go on everything (stealth included) but i dont want to wait hours in que.

So just wondering from you people who have been there who busy is it usally in sorta mid June? is it totally worth the extra ?????????60-80 for fastrack?

There will be about 6 of us going and i cant see on their website that they do group discount on Fastrack.

Please respond!

Thanks,
Bazzy
Last edited by bazzy1990 on May 5th, 2008, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post May 6th, 2008, 2:20 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Hit and miss with Thorpe Park really. Can be packed, can be empty. It's different from Alton Towers as it sits on the outskirts of London and is easily accessible for people who will go just because it's sunny. Usually the queues arent too bad. I have never queued more than an hour for the rides there, although in the summer the queue for Colossus builds up in excess of 2 hours, in which case avoid as it really isn't very good. There also plenty of flat rides about which keeps the queues down and gives you something else other than strict coastering. I would say get there as early as possible to get on Stealth and Colossus, the queues will build up around mid day and the park will then empty very quickly a couple of hours before closing. I wouldnt worry about the queues personally, it is a good day out regardless

Post May 6th, 2008, 3:28 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
i agree with edge there, if you are going to go, and it is crowded, wait until the end of the day before going on collosus, the majority of people with leave a couple of hours before closing, i don't know why, anyway a flat ride i wold strongly reccomend would be samurai, amazing, in fact, they're all awesome, try to ride all (except quantum and perhaps zodiac, a little tame for me) the flat rides at least once, and collosus, amazing, but not a G god like nemesis inferno, and stealth is also an amazing experience, not the tallest in the world, nor the fastest but a pretty adrenaline pumping ride, and if you can try to avoid X-NWO because it could have been a corker, but they ruined, it, worth perhaps a half hour wait at best.

well, hope that helped, and by the way the boards with the queue times on them generally aren't always right.
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

Post May 17th, 2008, 3:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,780.00 Points
To be honest I don't know, but I'm going on Tuesday (20/05/2008)
As a school science trip

I'll come back and reply then.

Post May 17th, 2008, 3:48 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I would say as a rule of thum, on an average, overcast, Britsh day in June, that it'll be sort of average. 30mins to an hour for queues. Unless you're going midweek on a school week of course, emptyness! However, as Edge said orignally, the parks location is against you. It's just off a junction of a ring road that encompasses 7 million residents city, if it's sunny, it'll be pretty full [;)]

Post May 17th, 2008, 3:53 pm
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

When I went last week it wasn't crowded at all, but I heard summers can be.
But like the rest said the queues get less at the end of the day, and try the single riders line at Stealth. That should make it speed up.

Post May 17th, 2008, 7:28 pm

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

I don't like single riders, sometimes half the fun is seeing you're best friend wet themself.

Post May 27th, 2008, 11:03 am

im going tomorrow, do you think it will be crowded then?

Post May 28th, 2008, 1:51 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Post May 30th, 2008, 8:36 am

you're a bit late, but it wasn't too crowded, it rained quite a bit though, we went on collosus twice in a row, first thing in the morning, i never realised how uncomfortable it is sitting in the front of those cars, i have long legs my self so the restraints were right on my legs, and it really hurt! and the only reason we got those seats is because these two girls who were behind my friend and i sat in our seats while we tried to put our bags away! If you here me you spawns of satan i shall destroy you with my fiery wrath of the night! but stealth slammer and rush were closed, i was unhappy. good day nonetheless.

Post May 30th, 2008, 9:11 am
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

Yeah, all hell broke loose there this week, with Rush falling apart and Stealth stalling.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions