Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions well the 1st part of the season is over!

well the 1st part of the season is over!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post April 22nd, 2007, 5:29 am

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

well everybody the start of the themepark season is oficially over with mostly all parks well underway now.

what is your opinions of the start of the season and where can you see this year heading at your local park or any other.

i know working at drayton manor this first holiday was a nightmere but it excided all expectations with the nice weather 2 days the park was so full the gates had to be shut to stop people from coming in. however it was nice to see so many people out enjoying the rising tempretures even thought ques for g-forse were nearly hitting 4 hours.

so what are your thoughts on how the season has gone so far at your home park?
Making screams come true

Post April 22nd, 2007, 10:32 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

SFFT has done nothing but impress me. Here is what I have noticed so far this season:

-New paint
-Friendly staff
-Extremely clean park
-Johnny Rockets installment
-Cold Stone Creamery installment
-Panda Express installment
-Completely redone boardwalk (replacement of all boards and removal of lackluster attraction, making boardwalk more spacious)
-Removal of Jokers Revenge's footers (most did not intervene with THBS)
-Brand new landscaping at the Go Kart plaza off the boardwalk and around THBS's fan turn
-New canopy and bleachers for the go karts
-THBS!(Theming everywhere! On the cars, on the station, on the fan turn [ramp], on the entrance, and in the queue lines (see photos below)
-Coaster videos available for purchase on THBS (cameras are positioned next to the restraints, taking a video of your experience
-Wii experience added, with 11 Wiis available to play

I'll edit this post with pictures of what I'm talking about shortly.

Post April 22nd, 2007, 11:07 am

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

PCW hasn't opened yet, but I have no idea what they're changing for 07. But whatever, till then i'm happy with the awesome 23 degree weather[:D]

Post April 22nd, 2007, 11:25 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
ValleyFair doesn't open for a few more weeks, but I think the local area is beginning to expect big things from Renegade this year. I've seen some miniature cranes and mechanics around Steel Venom, so hopefully they are renovating it so it doesn't rattle as much.

With the Wild Thing accident that took place last year near 4th of July, they have been testing the thing like mad.

But, what excites me most is xTreme Swing has been testing with both swings operating. Last year the far swing never operated and we were told it didn't work properly. Now, hopefully the lines with accelerate with two swings working!

I'm worried about Power Tower, however, because last Thursday my family went to a Lacrosse Tournament near Shakopee and I made them let me stay for a while to observe the testing. Power Towers "Space Drop" (launch down) stopped completely halfway down the tower after the primary drop. "Panic Launch" (launch up) however, seemed to be working fine.

As usual, I'm sure Valleyfair will please customers like every year!

1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post April 22nd, 2007, 11:41 am

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Cliffs is open but i have not been able to get down there but i've herd they redid all the wood on the nmr, redid some concrete, and put in two new rides plus fresh paint and theming. Ill confirm these if and or when i get down there.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post April 22nd, 2007, 11:58 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

^I'll be interested to hear that report. I'll be riding the Rattler on Saturday the 12th (of May).

Post April 22nd, 2007, 1:08 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Cedar Point opens in 20 days.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post April 22nd, 2007, 1:22 pm

Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points

nothing special really going on at SFOG, the new trains on mindbender make for a very noticably smoother ride, i was surprised at that. and the new paint for scorcher makes the park look much more presentable, since scorcher and goliath are the first things you see when outside of the park.

Post April 22nd, 2007, 4:11 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Originally posted by Jakizle

^I'll be interested to hear that report. I'll be riding the Rattler on Saturday the 12th (of May).

Maybe ill see if i can hit the amusment park that day. No gauntees.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post April 22nd, 2007, 11:33 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

SFA is in much better shape than last year. Even with 2 rides not working yet, there are a lot of improvements since last year. The staff are nicer and more enthusiastic (even though I doubt they'll be enthusiastic come July), the park is generally cleaner and it's more efficiently run. I've noticed that the ride ops are changing posts more frequently than last year so I think that'll help with the tediousness of being a ride op. There are also a lot of little things going on too like restaurants and small attractions being relocated/removed. The only things I don't like about the park so far are the $15 parking and the lockers in front of Wild One and SROS. It's ridiculous to make people pay $2 for a locker, especially one that you use for 15 minutes tops.

Overall: Good

Post April 23rd, 2007, 12:11 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

knotts get lamer every week.

I won't be renewing my pass when it expires in July

Post April 28th, 2007, 8:53 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
1st part of whos season? Our season hasnt even started yet...

Return to General Theme Park Discussions