Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions What is Cedar Point adding in 2020?

What is Cedar Point adding in 2020?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post September 13th, 2018, 12:01 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points
What do we think Cedar Point has up their sleeves for 2020? According to Rob Decker, a Cedar Fair designer, it will be “bigger and badder than Steel Vengeance.” Does he mean literally as in the first Polar coaster or a coaster taller than 205’, or one that is very technologically advanced? I have a theory but I want to hear yours too.

If you want to, follow this format:
What: The coaster’s ride model (i.e. B&M Floorless, Intamin Hyper)
Who: The builder of the coaster
You don’t need to put a when, because that’d be 2020
Where: The location of this coaster’s footprint
Why: Explanation for your prediction (industry trends, record snatching, etc)
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. The Beast 9. Phoenix 10. Mine Blower/Mako

Post September 13th, 2018, 2:06 pm

Points on hand: 3,175.00 Points
Bank: 11,260.00 Points

Post September 13th, 2018, 2:09 pm

cool5 wrote:
A jet coaster? I would love that!

We need to resurrect TOGO, or have Golden Horse build a second side of Valravn so it can duel. But still what is the most realistic, or feasable option for CP 2020? I know the launched B&M flyer rumor was hot in 2016, then the polercoaster/lifthill strata, and now a GCI I guess
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. The Beast 9. Phoenix 10. Mine Blower/Mako

Post September 13th, 2018, 4:21 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 7,787.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I wouldn't expect anything major unless it involves a ride replacement for the next 5 years.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 14th, 2018, 5:18 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 27,436.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
That sort of terminology almost screams "not actually a coaster but we're hinting it".

Post September 14th, 2018, 5:52 am

Points on hand: 820.00 Points
Here's an unlikely but interesting thought. What if they brought Intamin in to manufacture more track for Top Thrill Dragster to add to it and have it retake the tallest coaster record (they'd have to speed up the launch, so they could go for world's fastest too). They could even go as far as to give it a new paint job and all. That way the rollercoaster capital of the world can once again be home to the world's tallest rollercoaster.

Post September 14th, 2018, 7:07 am

smartguy86 wrote:
Here's an unlikely but interesting thought. What if they brought Intamin in to manufacture more track for Top Thrill Dragster to add to it and have it retake the tallest coaster record (they'd have to speed up the launch, so they could go for world's fastest too). They could even go as far as to give it a new paint job and all. That way the rollercoaster capital of the world can once again be home to the world's tallest rollercoaster.

I dont see modifying a pre existing coaster in the future b/c a lot of parks did that in the 20s & 30s, but that would be nuts

Post September 16th, 2018, 7:13 pm

Points on hand: 6,856.00 Points
I currently see 3 possible coasters and 3 Possible locations for Cedar Point.

Coaster 1 Possibility is a GCI Wooden Coaster replacing the rest of Shoot The Rapids location with a possible interaction with Snake River Falls The reason for this is Cedar Fair been installing GCI coasters for this being one of my Theories is because of Cedar Fair Relationship with GCI examples are Gold Striker,Mystic Timbers,Prowler,Renegade and them Redoing Ghost Rider plus that is one of the parks Missing Coasters in there line up. A modern-day family thrill for a wooden coaster.

Coaster 2 Possibility is a B&M Flyer. This is the last ride they need for them to have a well rounded B&M Collection. The Location could be where the dorms are rumored to be torn down since they are currently moving the dorms off the property. Also with Cedar Fair Good Relationship with B&M, I see this as a higher possibility if they want another Thrill ride for there big 150th.

the Last Coaster Possibility and what I think is very unlikely is Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster going in the front of the park over by Gatekeeper. It would be a great addition and they have tested the waters with hang time to see how well it could do with the cedar fair chain. I believe it was Well Received for Knotts but not sure how the Cedar Point crowd would react to it. they could even try to break the record for most inversions with this ride.

That is my current Predictions for Cedar Points 150th for 2020.

Post September 16th, 2018, 10:40 pm

Points on hand: 695.00 Points

I'll settle for just about anything that isn't a Polercoaster. Those gimmicky things are what I'd expect to find in places like the Las Vegas Strip or International Drive, not a proper amusement park—especially one like CP.
I, for one, welcome our new RMC overlords.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions