Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions What is the best small amusement park?

What is the best small amusement park?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

What is the best small amusement park?

Dollywood
11%
Kennywood
11%
Knott's Berry Farm
37%
Knoebel's
26%
Holiday World
11%
Mt. Olympus
5%

Total votes : 19

Post July 20th, 2004, 6:23 pm

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

Which is best?

If there are any others just post it

Post July 21st, 2004, 12:23 am

Points on hand: 3,741.00 Points
I gotta go with Holiday World because it's such a great park. Wonderful staff, free drinks, two of the best woodies around, and an awesome water park...plus it's not too far away.

Post July 21st, 2004, 2:36 am

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
Ive never been to any of them, but I'd say KBF looks the best.

Post July 21st, 2004, 3:12 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

KBF all the way! Well, that's the only one I've been to...one of my first amusement parks I've gone to...I think I was about 2 years old when I first visited there and went again in the 8th grade.
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post July 21st, 2004, 11:21 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

KBF is owned by CF, how is it a small park? I don't think it should be in this poll. Also, its not a traditional park like the others listed.

ANyways, Knoebels is differently my favorite, best atmosphere, some of the best food, 2 of the best coasters in the world, and they dont have ridiculous prices like basicly every big park. Also, if KBF had flyers, i bet you wouldnt be allowed to snap them [;)]

Post July 21st, 2004, 4:38 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Ok...the best small park not posted I've gone to is the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk. If you're after a wide variety of flats, they've got 'em.
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post July 21st, 2004, 5:25 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,823.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

If you think thats anywhere near all of the worlds small parks then you are very much mistaken. There are other countries too you know [lol] and thats not even all the small parks in America, and some of them aren't even small parks [confused]

Post July 21st, 2004, 6:41 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Mt. Olympus=go-cart and woody heaven = best park!!!!
and like IF said, KBF is not a small park, and before it was sold, it was a crappy park that had the non-small park attitude.

Post July 21st, 2004, 10:33 pm

Points on hand: 5,840.00 Points
The best small park is either Morey's Piers in Wildwood, NJ or Keansburg Amusement Park in Keansburg, NJ.

Post July 22nd, 2004, 1:31 am

Points on hand: 4,606.00 Points

Post July 23rd, 2004, 12:04 am

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Yeah, the poll is so unnecessary...especially in these situations when there are so many small parks...

But anyway, to answer your question, it's a really hard decision for me....I mean, Holiday World is a great park, with two of the best coasters anywhere, but it just doesn't have enough to do other than Raven and Legend, so I'd have to say Indiana Beach beats that, with some great coasters, and a lot of rides crammed into a very small space. It has a very neat atmosphere, and my fav coaster, Cornball Express. Plus, Hurricane and LoCoSuMo both hold up there end of the deal. But Knoebel's seems like a really nice park, also, and when Mt. Olympus gets Hades next year, I'll be there...because they have a nice assortment of woodies and karts.

Post July 28th, 2004, 5:52 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
lol, i like toverland [lol] it's a small park and i've been there, the parks you gave i haven't been there[:D][:P][:D]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Return to General Theme Park Discussions