Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Which do you prefer Twisted Colossus or Wicked Cyclone?

Which do you prefer Twisted Colossus or Wicked Cyclone?

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Which do you prefer Twisted Colossus or Wicked Cyclone?

Wicked Cyclone
43%
Twisted Colossus
41%
Both
15%

Total votes : 46

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Both rides look like great RMC hybrids and could end up being the best new rides of 2015, but which one do you prefer over the other or do you think both are equally good?
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Twisted Colossus is just bigger, longer, cooler, awesome dueling interactions, better colors. I think it makes more of a "bang" in the industry. But Wicked Cyclone is pretty darn cool. T.C. is just more clever, more genius.

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
Wicked Cyclone for sure. it's face paced, and it's packed with some great elements.

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

T.C IMO. Bigger, more clever elements, you get to ride twice, new I-Box colors. I think Wicked Cyclone is really great because of its fast pacing though.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Wicked Cyclone, by far. I don't like much about TC outside of the obvious it's a RMC and it'll be really exciting, with some cool elements. The layout is ugly to me, and all over it looks like they tried too hard...which is kinda what I expected, to be fair that's a way more difficult ride to redo than most others they've done. Dueling will be great, but each side is too short...I'd prefer a single more complete coaster. WC just seems like an overall higher quality coaster...a more well rounded experience without trying so hard to be innovative. I think it also captures the spirit of the original coaster better and improves on most aspects, whereas cyclone didn't have much to work with in that regard. I think both will be great coasters, but I feel I'd come away from TC with some disappointment in the design.

In my opinion WC would be better with some design features changed. Thinking maybe mod the first drop to have a hitch...smoother than what's there but still a little surprise. The effect could be like Apollo's Chariot first drop in the back row. I wouldn't mind the first drop ending higher up (somewhere between the original and the RMC) because then they could have the overbank end in a sick drop to the ground like Medusa's 2nd turnaround after its first drop. That would be an incredible opener. I *think* I'd prefer a standard 0G stall under the lift, or else one of those Outlaw Run style sideways hills, because while the redo version is crazy, those would give the rider more time to enjoy the unique orientations. Maybe instead of the double down they could've had a hill/drop El Toro over RT style. Also, the last half could be higher with the same pacing which would mean the lift would need to be higher. I just hope it doesn't pace like New Texas Giant's last 1/3.

Anyways that's just how I'd have done it to incorporate some of the original's best features (surprisingly large drops, the unique hard air on the first drop, and the progression of the first double drop) but make them way more exciting yet more rideable. As is though I love it and since I'm only 2.5hr away I'll definitely try to make it out next year.
Last edited by dcs221 on August 29th, 2014, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
Cmon people! I think WC is far more better. First off, on a roller coaster, height doesn't matter, you can't call TC better because it's simply taller. Plus, they say "Oh this is great with 4 minutes of ride time!" No, Just because you have a slow lift and retarded workers doesn't mean the actual thrill portion is 4 minutes. If there was no lift and no brake section, it would be maybe a minute from beginning to end. Plus the track work is ugly and not what a real RMC should be. A RMC should have a fair share of turns, speed, inversions, and general excitement. This is nothing more than throwing a few random elements into a straight section of track. Having 1 big roller coaster is a bit silly aswell, because we all know by now they did it so they could spend less money. WC on the other hand, it has a long(ish) layout with various elements, a lot of airtime, and a good flowing speed. It also replaces an old ride and makes a good edition to the park itself. Also, Correct me if i'm wrong, but TC seems like it would be terrible with capacity. Having to wait for 2 trains to finish their course before running an extra.. With six flags staff, they won't even know when or when not to run the trains. Again, Correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't racing both coasters also be completely impossible considering the ride has to finish it's course to allow another train.. And I mean this by, Both trains can be going at once, but they can't be anywhere near alligned because it is against regulation to run another train unless the next train is at the lift. Therefor by the time they dispatch one train, the otherone will be halfway/going over the lift. Plus do we really expect them to even attempt to run more than 2 trains on this? If they were to have a long twisty ride, with various turns and more than 30 seconds of ride time, I would of been less harsh. WC for the win

After what I said, what looks more appealing, honestly.

Funny. I look at that picture and STILL see a beautiful pinnacle of amusement innovation, even after 3 years of RMC being in this game.

Say what you will about the animated material; when this ride finishes construction in real life, it will blow our minds. And if there was an aerial layout photo of T.C., I still think that would look a lot better than W.C.

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Mcrolly those two pictures are not comparable. It would be like taking the upper left corner of the Mona Lisa and comparing it to the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. I don't understand what you're trying to get out of that comparison. But to answer your question, the picture of Twisted Colossus is magnitudes more incredible.

mrcrolly wrote:
Plus, they say "Oh this is great with 4 minutes of ride time!" No, Just because you have a slow lift and retarded workers doesn't mean the actual thrill portion is 4 minutes. If there was no lift and no brake section, it would be maybe a minute from beginning to end."

Do you realize it goes through both sides of the track in one run? Does ANYONE realize this? From the time you dispatch from the station and go through the prelift, then the lift, then the first half, then the second lift, then the second half, then the brake runs, it WILL BE close to four minutes. How could you possibly even fathom this ride lasting one minute?
Last edited by tiepilot35 on August 30th, 2014, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paradox User avatar

Cyclone is bringing the triple down back. I wish that they made good use of that long helix and added a jojo roll.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Nothing will ever beat The Voyage's triple down though! Aha!

Wicked Cyclone literally doesn't have a triple down.

Paradox User avatar

Oh yea I looked into it better it is a double down with a hill after. The supports blocked it a bit.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Wicked Cyclone looks better to me.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Paradox User avatar

Boulder Dash has a triple up.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Edited my post to be more readable...I had a time constraint and I was on my phone.

Mcrolly, that's a great angle of an otherwise ugly layout, compared to a mediocre angle of an otherwise beautiful ride. The ground level views of Cyclone look awesome. I too would have preferred white supports, but the better ride aesthetics independent of coloring have to go to Cyclone IMO.

Points on hand: 143.00 Points
Bank: 3,000.00 Points
Twisted Colossus looks sweet for SFMM while WC looks awesome without any caveats. I'm not sure either will compete with OR, NTG and Medusa but WC definitely seems like a more complete ride, like someone took some of the crazy from OR with a bit of NTG to boot. TC will almost certainly become the top ride at SFMM but it is really obvious how little they were willing to put into the refurb. Given another 40-50 feet of height they could easily have used all of the original foot print with speed to spare rather than doing a short out and back, TBH the only part I like about TC is the moebius aspect which means that SFMM can't close down half for months at a time. Looking at it there is a ton they could have done with the existing footers/support structures while still retaining the full double out and back layout, for example I think a low to the ground high-five type element would have been great where the speed hills were after the first turnaround.
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011
Originally posted by richie5126
T: all newtons on this site are smooth so this must be high.

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
Even though I pick TC, I have to say WC look like such a great ride. Great layout, elements, and pace.
but the fact that TC is taller/longer just wins. TWO 80 degree drops! I would even go as far as saying TC cheats because it does two runs, but that still makes it a better coaster. If I can only pick one, I would pick TC.
but don't get me wrong, for the first time in long time, I'm actually REALLY excited for WC and TC.
I will never trash WC, is what I'm trying to say.
-the ONLY thing I will say is the ride could have have a steeper drop.

The video doesn't do it justice either, remember they changed Goliath's(RMC) lift structure? Maybe we won't know how TC really looks like until 2015.

I don't know if they will do much about the lift structure itself, since it's already there. Plus all of the structure on the existing Colossus is wood, whereas the cool open lift structure of Goliath is steel so it makes that possible. I, too, am excited to travel through two 80-degree ejector air drops on one roller coaster.

Pilot, 2 Lift hills take up alot of time. The ride portion itself is pretty damn short, i'd say it would be close to 50 seconds if you were to remove the lifts, the brake run, and the long straight section at the start to get to the first lift.

mrcrolly wrote:
if you were to remove ... the long straight section at the start to get to the first lift.

That's actually a prelift section with some bunny hops, so you should consider it. Could be a pretty cute start. Also, you're quick to rule out the lift and such, but the fact is that your actual asshole is sitting on that coaster seat, harnessed in, for almost 4 minutes. Going up the lift is enjoyable. It's part of the experience, and it's certainly not like you're bored out of your mind when you incline up to the max height! Not to mention it means you get to experience two very full sized, steep drops in one ride. That's amazing. I seriously cannot even fathom where any complaints are coming from with this ride so you should pardon me for my inability to understand. It's out of my hands.

Also, Helo9797, I have feelings for you. :oops:

Months later and I still say Wicked Cyclone is much, much better. Wicked Cyclone is constantly at it, spinning you in every direction. Up, down, left, right, under, over. It's truly wicked. If you think about it, Wicked Cyclone is a high intensity Formula 1 Track, and Twisted Colossus is a NASCAR track. Why the comparison? Well look at it this way, on WC you are turning in every other direction, and then look at Twisted Colossus... YOU ARE TURNING LEFT THE ENTIRE RIDE. With the exception of the pre lift section and brake run entrance, You don't turn right.
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Up, down, left, right, under, over.

With all due respect, Twisted Colossus does all of those things better than Wicked Cyclone.

It goes up a lift twice.
It goes down a first drop twice (two drops taller than Wicked Cyclone's one drop).
It goes left way harder than Wicked Cyclone (no argument).
Right... so, anyway
Both of the tracks go under each other while the other goes over in an inversion.

Twisted Colossus has twice the rising action, twice the climax, and twice the falling action. Not to mention Wicked Cyclone has only ONE debut element.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!