Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Why Tunnel Testing Is Invalid

Why Tunnel Testing Is Invalid

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post April 20th, 2006, 11:57 am

Points on hand: 72.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Originally posted by Dirk_Ermen

Originally posted by hyyyper

another thing, WWO's goliath's last turn, you can grab flowers

I told them they should cut down those bushes last year. But they are bigger then before, if you are in the right seat and a little to big your head even can hit some twigs [lol] It Fricking hurts!

jonbkchill, why do you want to design a whole new tunnel just special for the tunneltesting safety. Only the more experienced people use it and it would require alot of work just on applying it. A lot of people don't want to do tons of work just to check some hits when they simply can turn the tunnel on and look if they see some hits.
Small interactions with the tunnel isn't a problem to me, but if there are sticking whole tubes in there it's a big hit to me. Even though that might still be safe. If you are scared that people rate you down on tunnelhits, just make it sure that it doesn't hit anything with the NL default tunnel. Since you always will have people that keep using the NL default instead of some custom made.
I think the same happened with Busters realistic g'scale. Some people used it but you still keep those people who don't grab it and still use the NL default, and rate down because it's bad for their standards.

IMO the best is just to keep with the NL standards. Some people always try to tighten or loosen some restrictions since it looks more realisic to them. But the people who just start on building and rating. Won't have those tighter or looser restictions and keep on the NL standard.

So like real kind of said:
I'd rather use the default tunnels and use an illusion that it's way too close, then it is too close and people could touch it.

So there goes all the catwalk supports for the inverted coasters, in fear that n00bs are going to take down for the intrusion without having a look at the regular ride first. Oh yeah, and if you follow the standard that strictly, then pretty much every single ride made in NL has broken that standard simply by having a station. As I've said, the idea is to use tunnels to determine which areas are worth taking a closer look at. After analyzing it and using some common sense, rather than counting every tunnel intrusion as a dangerous collision, you can decide that those catwalk supports won't remove your legs after all, and you find that the other big intrusion was just another tunnel, positioned so that if both trains were there simotaneously, it would still be perfectly safe.

Post April 20th, 2006, 12:13 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
^tunneltest violations on slow parts, i.e. stations, brakes, lifts are not be concerned of, perhaps you can touch a support, but when you're going slow it won't rip your arm of, as would it be in the valley of a drop.

but, when supports come to close riders will have to dogde them, pull their legs up or get down, it should be mentioned and points taken off

Post April 20th, 2006, 4:40 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Convert the trains to a ride style with the same heartline value that is a steel coaster and then tunnel test it from there. Problem solved for wooden rides. I don't see why it's a bad idea on steel coasters though.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post April 21st, 2006, 4:10 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post April 23rd, 2006, 3:02 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom Fails the tunnel test. I'm too afraid to put my hands up because some of those beams look a little close. And anyways, at the end when you hit the brakes in that tunnel, I put my hands up and I was easily able to touch the tunnel, had I put my hand up right at the entrance my hands would have smacked the tunnel and probably would have hurt.

Previous

Return to No Limits Coaster