Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! 10-inversion Intamin at Hopi Hari, Brazil

10-inversion Intamin at Hopi Hari, Brazil

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 28th, 2011, 11:20 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Wow this looks like the offspring fahrenheit, colossos, and a mega-lite! Aka a potentially kickass ride.

Post August 29th, 2011, 12:32 am

Points on hand: 1,034.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Just wait, Rick Perry might be just as dumb.

If he is (and gets elected), I'm moving the hell out of Texas purely out of shame.

Now regarding the ride... I think the Megalite drop is quite sexy in the context of a looper. I'm just glad that since they DID use 4 of the same inversion in a row, there's at least a turn in between to break them up and they're not just one after another... *cough cough*

Post August 29th, 2011, 1:26 pm

Points on hand: 1,401.00 Points

Post August 29th, 2011, 3:41 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Originally posted by big_rick_87

I hope it ages better than Colossus!

Haha definitely. That ride is so painful!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post August 29th, 2011, 7:53 pm

Points on hand: 1,341.00 Points

Originally posted by jaoalle

yeah what's the problem it being in Brazil? I'm from Europe and I travel all around the world to go on roller coasters. I came home from Tokyo a month ago and it was awesome! You americans really need to go abroad a bit more often. Broaden your horizon

That's some very arrogant and small-minded thinking yourself bro. Just because YOU get to travel doesn't mean that EVERYONE has those same opportunities. Maybe you need to broaden your horizon and consider other people's situations.

As for Brazil, you all should be glad Brazil is getting a signature coaster. i'm sure coaster enthusiasts there are tired of having to travel to other continents to ride good rides. The tallest and fastest roller coaster in South America is Montezum at 137' and 64 mph. I'm glad Brazil is getting an awesome coaster. They really need it. For those that seem disappointed that its not in your driveway, try to be happy for others. I may never get to ride it, but I'm glad they can, they may never get to ride what I have as well.

Post August 30th, 2011, 12:33 am

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
One cannot underestimate the badassery of this ride.
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Post August 30th, 2011, 3:01 am
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,282.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
ooooh, I might go to Brazil....I'd be excited to ride this...
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post August 30th, 2011, 11:45 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Originally posted by bandman232

The main reason Bush is blamed for everything is that he didn't attack Iraq imediantly. It's mostly due to public stupidness, and the Democrat controlled congress that kept him from doing his job.

I really hope that was sarcastic...

Anyway back on topic, the coaster looks awesome, but I am getting really sick of all the good huge coasters going to foreign countries that I'll never be able to afford to visit. Come on, North America and Europe, get rolling!

Post August 30th, 2011, 11:48 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
I'm glad to see other places finally getting some good rides!
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post September 1st, 2011, 5:03 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Originally posted by Metalkat

i'm sure coaster enthusiasts there are tired of having to travel to other continents to ride good rides.

There are coaster enthusiasts in brazil?

Originally posted by AJClarke0912

The ratio of idiot to not-idiot is probably pretty similar with both countries

I am in complete disagreement with that statement. You may deem it slightly unfair to judge idiots by the way I'm about to, but I believe it's a pretty good estimation: it turns out that something like 60% of America (and at least 30% of our congress, though not sure of the exact number) believes that the Earth was created 6000 years ago (consequently, about 3000 years after the babylonians invented glue), that men walked with dinosaurs, and that the 6-billion-year-old rocks scientists find were put there by god to confuse us. The same number in England? I think it's about 20%, if that. Sad, really, when you think about it. If you want more info about why this is a really really terrible thing, read Sam Harris' "A Letter to a Christian Nation". It's a quick read, and will give you some good insight.

Alright, enough of that, back to the ride. I'm not impressed. I feel like these rides are just pure gimmick, and don't provide as much thrill as something with, say, 3 inversions and a buch of other cool elements. There are only so many ways you can twist track, as evidenced in this ride. Am I glad a lesser-known park might get "put on the map" so to speak? Yes. Am I glad it's not going to one of my home parks? Sort of. I'd rather get something with more originality than "inversion inversion inversion inversion inversion inversion inversion inversion inversion inversion inversion".

Post September 1st, 2011, 5:26 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Weird, I believe in God yet I do NOT believe the world was created 6000 years ago because NO WHERE does it say that, anywhere. Don't be so generalizing and thick.

Post September 1st, 2011, 8:53 pm

^ In grade school I was taught that. Even then I knew it was a load of bullshit. ...I must have been the smartest kid in my class...

Post September 1st, 2011, 10:58 pm

Points on hand: 71.00 Points
Originally posted by boneplaya

There are coaster enthusiasts in brazil?

Yes! We have the CBMR, Clube Brasileiro de Montanhas Russas (portuguese for Brazilian Roller Coaster Club). We promote Tours around brazilian parks, meetings and other stuff.

Post September 2nd, 2011, 12:20 am

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Originally posted by Real

Weird, I believe in God yet I do NOT believe the world was created 6000 years ago because NO WHERE does it say that, anywhere. Don't be so generalizing and thick.

Same with me. I'm sick of Christian radicals making religion look like a fictional storybook with an imaginary friend named God.

It's mostly symbolic, which is why it's ridiculous to "calculate facts" based on what is written in the bible.

People just don't get it......
American Eagle Lover

Post September 2nd, 2011, 1:11 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Kinda like how you don't get certain things...
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 2nd, 2011, 4:40 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Did you guys know they were building a 12-inversion coaster in Brazil?

Post September 2nd, 2011, 5:16 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by Jonny Richey

Same with me. I'm sick of Christian radicals making religion look like a fictional storybook with an imaginary friend named God.

[lol] WHAT!? You think it's radicals that make it seem this way?

Anyone who has ever read more than a page of any religious scripture should be able to conclude that the whole thing is a fictional storybook with an imaginary friend named God, or Allah, or Thor, or Zues, or Apollo, or Atlas, or .... etc etc etc etc and on to infinity.

Stop being silly.

aaaaaaaaaaaanyway; this ride looks cool, but seems oddly located because of a perceived lack of funds or interest in the area.

Post September 2nd, 2011, 11:36 am

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Originally posted by Real

Weird, NO WHERE did I say that believing in god makes you an idiot.

Post September 5th, 2011, 6:16 pm
SNJ

Points on hand: 668.00 Points

The main reason Bush is blamed for everything is that he didn't attack Iraq imediantly. It's mostly due to public stupidness, and the Democrat controlled congress that kept him from doing his job.

ROOOFFFFLLLLL

rofl. Yes, that's why people blame Bush for everything.

Post September 5th, 2011, 7:14 pm

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points

Post September 29th, 2011, 2:26 am

Points on hand: 556.00 Points
Originally posted by disaster249

Looks awesome, except for the fact that it's in Brazil.

which the problem of being in Brazil?
you're very stupid!
when they are finished being built you will die of envy,
and will not be able to walk on it!
haters! I'll be able! hahahaha [:p]

Post September 30th, 2011, 9:53 am

Originally posted by SNJ

ROOOFFFFLLLLL

rofl. Yes, that's why people blame Bush for everything.

Hey, as a military man, it was just my perspective. "I don't know about any of that, sir. I just shoot things."- Adam Baldwin

Post September 30th, 2011, 6:12 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Originally posted by manoelhenrique1994

Originally posted by disaster249

Looks awesome, except for the fact that it's in Brazil.

which the problem of being in Brazil?
you're very stupid!
when they are finished being built you will die of envy,
and will not be able to walk on it!
haters! I'll be able! hahahaha [:p]

[lol]Yeah! You tell em!!!

Post September 30th, 2011, 6:19 pm

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points

Post January 26th, 2012, 7:07 pm

Points on hand: 551.00 Points
Do any of you guys know if the Two face the flip side from six flags america coaster went to hopi hari, if not where did it go?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!