Board index Public Relations Contests 2006 NL Tournament (FINALS) - Results pg9

2006 NL Tournament (FINALS) - Results pg9

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post July 18th, 2006, 2:00 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Contest's closed, Mikado didn't make it. dcs, I got your last resubmission just in time.

Post July 18th, 2006, 2:02 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Ahh, Thats too bad. Well it looks like its up to Wingover, Smiley, and DCS. I cant wait for the results!

*note to self- 1000th post*

Post July 18th, 2006, 4:54 am

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
ffs, yes.. I went to Phantasialand yesterday and I hoped to be back around 9 pm. Due to some accident the traffic went very slow and we arrived arround 12 pm. Damn, I really hoped to get my track uploaded in time. [:(]

Post July 18th, 2006, 5:12 am

Points on hand: 3,245.00 Points

Post July 18th, 2006, 7:10 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Originally posted by Wing-Over

I put all the boundries under the terrain too. I got fed up of n00bs saying "WTF was that floating thing in the sky?"

My round 2 entry got rated down on CS for that. So much for the rates being better over there.

Post July 18th, 2006, 11:26 am

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

^ Same here, and in round 1 loads of them rated down for having the template going through the queue line. You just can't win with the CS n00bs.

Post July 18th, 2006, 11:47 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
your tracks gotta be really good cuz
a) it is a gg woodie
b) there is $$$ on the line!

when are we going to see/rate the tracks ourselves? or find out the results?
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post July 18th, 2006, 12:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,590.00 Points
you can only rate them yourself if the 3 people in the competition decide to upload it to the exchange. Whether or not they decide to is up to them.

Oh, and im pretty darn sure that these 3 contenders know their rides must be good, money on the line or not. It's for the sake of competition that they built these, not because its GG or because they could make 50$

Post July 18th, 2006, 12:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Originally posted by Jimmy Yoshi

I put all the boundries under the terrain too. I got fed up of n00bs saying "WTF was that floating thing in the sky?"

My round 2 entry got rated down on CS for that. So much for the rates being better over there.

hahaha, better over there? Those people give the crappiest tracks ever straight tens! Too many n00bs on that site.

Post July 18th, 2006, 1:20 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
i think whoever is going to win will be donating the money to the site, at least i would

Post July 18th, 2006, 1:58 pm

I would too, if I win. WWS needs the money much more than I do.

Post July 18th, 2006, 2:07 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

Originally posted by coasterguy77

hahaha, better over there? Those people give the crappiest tracks ever straight tens! Too many n00bs on that site.

like this site doesnt do the same? geez, way to look at both sites instead of one. my coaster, vars, which totally blew balls, has a higher score over here than over there. same with my latest ride, asthenia, higher score over here.

Post July 18th, 2006, 2:19 pm

Every one of my tracks i uploaded there got much higher then over here.

Post July 18th, 2006, 2:32 pm

Lets not turn this into another CS discussion topic, we get more than enough of those. Back on topic, any idea when you might get time to start working on the ratings, cjd?

Post July 18th, 2006, 4:45 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I've uploaded 10 screenies! I've intentionally omitted several really cool and innovative elements or layout ideas...guess you'll have to wait until I upload it! :)

Supports are the only major area that need to be finalized before uploading to the site. Especially with a highly time consuming class for half of the building period, there was just no time at all to make supports as good as I wanted. Onslaught's supports took around 2 weeks as a comparison.

Thus, I can't say when it'll be uploaded. I have almost no free time (40 calc2 problems for hw tonight... and that's around the average!) so it may take a week, 2 weeks, maybe more. However, someone may complete most of them leaving me to do some detail work here and there, so I may release earlier than the above timeframes. Not sure. Please be patient.

I hope everyone enjoys the screenshots! Any comments or questions are appreciated.

http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p2228

Post July 18th, 2006, 5:32 pm

Originally posted by coasterguy77

Well, if rating were a requirement here, I'm sure you'd find there are just as many if not more "n00bs" here.

Post July 18th, 2006, 6:06 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

its funny that mentioning the word 'coastersims.com' causes such a fuss... XD

Post July 18th, 2006, 7:58 pm

haha, yeah. I never got why people get so uppity about it. It's just a matter of the site being run differently.

Post July 18th, 2006, 11:36 pm

Originally posted by dcs221

I've uploaded 10 screenies! I've intentionally omitted several really cool and innovative elements or layout ideas...guess you'll have to wait until I upload it! :)

Supports are the only major area that need to be finalized before uploading to the site. Especially with a highly time consuming class for half of the building period, there was just no time at all to make supports as good as I wanted. Onslaught's supports took around 2 weeks as a comparison.

Thus, I can't say when it'll be uploaded. I have almost no free time (40 calc2 problems for hw tonight... and that's around the average!) so it may take a week, 2 weeks, maybe more. However, someone may complete most of them leaving me to do some detail work here and there, so I may release earlier than the above timeframes. Not sure. Please be patient.

I hope everyone enjoys the screenshots! Any comments or questions are appreciated.

http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p2228

Dear dcs,

You tease!

Post July 18th, 2006, 11:48 pm

Post July 19th, 2006, 12:10 am

I gotta say...dcs, that looks as good as or even better then onslaught imo. Looks awesome!!!

Post July 19th, 2006, 12:25 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

I'm starting on the ratings immediately. Tomorrow is my day off, so I'll have some time then also. I expect to post the final ratings very quickly this time, definitely before the end of the week. As always, no gurantees though. I'm working closing shifts all week... here is my schedule, which should give you an idea of when I have the most time.

Today - 11am to 11:30pm
Tomorrow - Day off
Thursday - 11am to 11:30 pm
Friday - 1pm to 11:30 pm
Saturday - 10am to 12:30 pm
Sunday - 12pm to 11:30 pm

So, most likely either tomorrow or Friday night.

Post July 19th, 2006, 3:47 pm

Sounds good, I look forward to hearing from you whenever you can finish them.

Post July 19th, 2006, 3:57 pm

Points on hand: 7,382.00 Points
That looks amazing dcs!!!! The prelift segment looks great, as does the drop, but it's your tease of the ending that really looks great. I would love a Voyage style ending in NL as it is certainly not easy to do. I definately look forward to getting a better look at this one.[approve]

Post July 19th, 2006, 4:50 pm

Thanks pdonahue. About the ending... though it has it's similarities, and it's definately GG style, it's not exactly Voyage style. I made sure to make the ending as original as possible while retaining Gravity Group's best features; speed, airtime, and laterals, instead of just copying Voyage's ending (or the ride as a whole) and switching element order or something like that. What I like about the ending is in addition to the above features, it also has some surprises in store for the rider that I've designed to be quite thrilling.

I appreciate the positive feedback! :) Thank you.

hmm, though it's relevant here, I think I'll make a hard hat area topic to show progress and all that soon.

PreviousNext

Return to Contests