Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! 2007 Cedar Point Addition?

2007 Cedar Point Addition?

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post February 22nd, 2006, 11:39 am

Points on hand: 7,382.00 Points
Here goes the official rumor machine at Cedar Point again. Seems they are making a point of the fact that they are making a larger space around the old log flume. There is little doubt that the 2007 ride will be in this area and based on the space created will be pretty significant in size.

I vote for a water coaster, but a lot of forums are speculating that it will be a new wooden coaster.

Here is the official blog.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun_on ... 42cce44ade
Last edited by Canadmos on February 22nd, 2006, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post February 22nd, 2006, 1:10 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

i am guessing either a record breaking, height, speed, inversions, b&M floorless, OR, one insanely badass woodie by GG, OR, a B&M flyer, bigger than tatsu. i dunno though, not many people do either. lol.

Post February 22nd, 2006, 1:14 pm

Points on hand: 985.00 Points
I think they should build one that has more than 10 inversions so it can get that record aswell.

Post February 22nd, 2006, 1:21 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

I think it would be a Flyer that is taller than Tatsu, duels, AND has more than 10 inversions. Wishful thinking. [peakhill]

Post February 22nd, 2006, 2:21 pm

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points

Probably a record breaker(like the most new coasters in CP)

Post February 22nd, 2006, 2:28 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

I hope it's another coaster that goes upside down. They haven't gotten a coaster that goes upside down since Mantis, and to think it's 10 years old already.

Post February 22nd, 2006, 2:56 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points

Post February 22nd, 2006, 4:07 pm
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

Meh, they should definitely build a woody... got enough steelies already [:)]

Post February 22nd, 2006, 4:24 pm

Points on hand: 1,966.00 Points
I want to see an wooden inverted flying 4th Dimension to stand up. The dueling track should be to lay down, the third dueling a flying.

Post February 22nd, 2006, 4:38 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

lol, i totaly agree with ivannovitch. I think people need to remember that the park will most probaly not build a coaster for the enthuisasts this time round, i am expecting more of a large scale family ride this time round. For the last couple of years they have had large thrill rides directed at well thrill seekers, not too family orientated. So i wouldnt be surprised if it was a tamer ride. Unless they decided to had a whole new section to the park with more than just a single ride (The Voyage area for example)

Post February 22nd, 2006, 4:47 pm

Points on hand: 1,209.00 Points
Hmmm... the only type of ride that could re-use that station would be a new flume...

I suppose it all comes down to whether CP wants to go big, with some sort of (hopefully B&M) record-breaking inversion machine, or go for the home (in the form of a smaller family land or flume). As an enthusiast, I can only hope for the former. Nothing is certain at this point, and all opinions are just that, opinions (not facts).

The train-track moving, however, all but confirms a new ride, already far into the planning process. Can't wait to find out, as any update to my home park would be appriciated.

Post February 22nd, 2006, 4:50 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
CP broke some record at first with there TTD and the park was planing on putting a 4D Coaster but its changed i hope its a B&M Flyer our some kind of woodie i should go to that park once its look so much fun and there is lots of ride

Post February 22nd, 2006, 5:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,231.00 Points
lol. or they could hav a wood coaster with some steel inversions, it looks like its gonna bea lotta room out there, and thats why there are so many posibilities, or mabye a family section with flats andkiddie rides, even though that would be upsetting for real thrill searkers, it would bring the attendace up with families and little kids.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Post February 22nd, 2006, 6:09 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Id have a huge coaster-gasm if it turned out to be a large Gravity Group or GCI.

CP would officially win me back. But I doubt that.

Post February 22nd, 2006, 6:13 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Well, whatever they do end up putting in. It will hopefully be enjoyed by some people, whether they be enthusiasts or not.

Post February 22nd, 2006, 6:24 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

I agree with Real. A GG woodie would be absolutely awesome.

Post February 22nd, 2006, 6:39 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Wasn't it said by someone within Cedar Fair that they dislike woodies due to their operating costs?

Or am I completly wrong..

Post February 22nd, 2006, 6:44 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

haha ivanovitch

actually a 4D standup would be cool

Post February 22nd, 2006, 6:50 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by Fornication Nation

Wasn't it said by someone within Cedar Fair that they dislike woodies due to their operating costs?

Or am I completly wrong..

I think its probably just an assumption but its probably true.

Hence why no matter what they get, unless its small, tight and intense itll be a complete let down. How can you go bigger than what they have and still be original and fun? They have height, they have speed.

Yet I find it odd that two of their rides that CONSISTANTLY come up as a #1 favourite among people I know, Raptor and Mantis, are under 150ft.

Post February 22nd, 2006, 7:44 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by ragan

i am guessing either a record breaking, height, speed, inversions, b&M floorless, OR, one insanely badass woodie by GG, OR, a B&M flyer, bigger than tatsu. i dunno though, not many people do either. lol.

CF has never put a CCI into any of thier parks, and I doubt they'll start now. ANy CCI built in thier parks were put in place by the old management. If anything, we could see an Intamin Wooden coaster.[:D]

Post February 22nd, 2006, 7:53 pm

Points on hand: 2,336.00 Points
I hope its a speed record breaking twin dueling inverted LIM bowl.
Gay sex is great! (Qwerty 18:22)

Post February 22nd, 2006, 8:29 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

with room in mind, a woodie wouldn't be the best choice if they wanna make it a good one. I'd say somethin new and innovative, but not taller and faster. Probably not an intamin. There are so many more manufacturers with potential right now rather than b&m and intamin. Gerstlauer, Maurer Sohne, and probably a few others haven't been seen to their full potential... and if GG can make somethin to top Voyage....wow, but thats a completely different story.

Along the lines of operating costs for woodies, a GG would actually be ideal if they wanna build a woodie cuz they're said to have much lower maintenance costs than normal woodies. Now steel structures in general are much less costly but I think GG has some kind of structural change too.

Post February 22nd, 2006, 9:04 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^ Also, I think they build the track different so that way it does not become ruff as fast as its older designs do
Also, I think you can pretty much guarantee it won't be a flyer because.... Why the heck would CP want to build something directly after SFMM built it? It would be to much of this copy cat thing, to me.
I don't think their next coaster will be a record breaker, after all, their last one wasn't as big of a success as they thought it would be....

Post February 22nd, 2006, 10:48 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Im hoping for some insanely high and fast giga or sumthing.... sumthing like millennium force.(but higher)

Post February 22nd, 2006, 10:59 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Originally posted by coolbeans326

CF has never put a CCI into any of thier parks, and I doubt they'll start now. ANy CCI built in thier parks were put in place by the old management. If anything, we could see an Intamin Wooden coaster.[:D]

Uhh. What about Shivering Timbers?

I doubt it will be a woodie, and like Real said, it will probably be a let down. They already have practically every ride in existance, but an Intamin looper wouldn't be bad.

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!