Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports 2009 & 2012 TR - Belantis

2009 & 2012 TR - Belantis

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post January 15th, 2018, 2:45 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Since I have a huge collection of pictures laying around of all previous visits to certain parks. I decided to dig the archive and dump some of the lesser known/popular parks here as a Trip Report.

Today's report is from Belantis. I've visited this park twice, first time was back in September 2009! Nearly 10 years ago. What was the reason? We did a tiny East Germany trip including Belantis and Plohn. Plohn opened their GCI: El Toro and this park was only about an hour apart. Another reason was that Belantis housed the prototype from the Gerstlauer Sky Roller, still being the only ride in the world at that time, we just had to experience it.
In 2012 I returned to the park because we 'were in the area' anyway due a Rodelbahn tour we did, featuring imo several of the more crazy and insane rodelslides I've still done to date. The speeds you obtain on some slides combined with the tight curves and transitions still amaze me on those few rodelslides.

Anyhow, Enough chatter about the general trips around the visit. Time to tell more about this park.

23 September 2009

We started our day by first visiting a nearby Alpine Coaster. After a few runs we quickly continued to the park. Plenty of new to discover!

IMG_0002.JPG
The entrance from the park. I don't think I've ever seen such entrance before. It's quite iconic now for this park. The parking lot was kinda weird though for being at a themepark. As it functions pretty much as any common city parking. You pay for as long you are parked there. Prior entering the park, you go up to the parking machine and get a ticket of how long you'd want to park. With that ticket you go back to the car and display it behind the window.

IMG_0006.JPG
The first thing we noticed was how short of a queueline the swinging ship had. Literally no queueline at all. I really wonder what chaos there will be on the path on busy days.

IMG_0016.JPG
On our way to the coaster, we pretty much passed the G??tterflug aka. Gerstlauer Sky Roller. Plenty of time left, let's do a ride!

IMG_0022.JPG
My traveling companion was all set and ready. Time to take a flight of the gods!

IMG_0027.JPG
With little practice, it was simply just flipping end over end. The ride was tactically placed on top of a hill, being up so high made it easy catching a bunch of wind. Resulting in some really intense spins! With some crazy speed increasements as soon as you rotated into a strong gust of wind. My favorite thing still is changing the rotational direction just before you hit that gust, as it instantly stops your spin and then continues with the same speed into the other direction. Pure madness!

IMG_0034.JPG
Another one of the weird rides we found in this park was a rapids ride using inflatable rafts! Featuring a big drop on the side of the 100ft pyramid made it even seem more crazy.

IMG_0041.JPG
If that wasn't enough, it even had a functioning whirlpool.

IMG_0044.JPG
Another one of those rides I do not want to queue for when it's busy. Queuejumping would be so easy.

The ride itself was quite bizzarre, inside the pyramid was a vertical lift and the transportation onto the mechanics was all via big rollers, those rubber benches inside the boat just kept rocking back and forth. It was weird and hilarious at the same time. :lol:

IMG_0054.JPG
The park was enormous on size. On the lake there was some kind of boatride passing several mythical scenes. It took us a while to find out though :lol:

IMG_0059.JPG
Of course we couldn't leave the fun little Gerstlauer Bobsled in the park! It was pretty much a standard ride featuring the typical sequence of big drop, mouse turns, helixes, bunny hills and a helixy finish.

IMG_0060.JPG
Also good to know. Inside this castle is apparently as well a Madhouse/Revolving house. It only runs several times a day. So you need to pay attention to the clock. We were being told about this fact after our visit.

IMG_0068.JPG
These helixes are always a lot of fun, gotta love that quick transition between both.

IMG_0076.JPG
Also they've added a quite creative tunnel.

IMG_0092.JPG
I really like the way the entire ride is nicely built around the castle. Creates a lovely esthetic.

IMG_0100.JPG
And before we knew it, our time in the park was up. We managed to grab a picture with the park mascot and we certainly enjoyed our day. The park itself was really spread out with rides and being still a relative new park. Plenty of growing potential!

29 May 2012

About 2,5 years later. I've returned. Sooner then expected but who knew back then that both East German parks were pushing out new rides like Six Flags does.

IMG_5358.JPG
Above the treetops something red appeared. Something we haven't seen 2,5 years ago. Excitement grew.

IMG_5360.JPG
The entrance was a whole lot busier then a while ago. But with the same parking system as 2,5 years ago. There were 2 lines. First one to get a parking ticket and the 2nd for an actual entrance ticket. :lol:

IMG_5363.JPG
But eventually we got everything we needed and we were royally greeted by staff. :)

IMG_5621.JPG
And what do Rollercoaster enthausiasts do as they enter a park with a new coaster to ride? Correct, head straight for it! It's a good thing for us that the new coaster is right beside the entrance.

IMG_5372.JPG
It looks like it's running and with quite some speed too!

IMG_5380.JPG
Open until 5pm. That should provide enough rides for us.

IMG_5381.JPG

IMG_5382.JPG

IMG_5383.JPG

IMG_5393.JPG
The ride itself is quite rough, but also completely insane. It just keeps going with pretty much no break until the final brakes. Constant high g forces, good airtime and just pacing was just fast! This definitely shot to the top of one of my favorite Gerstlauers.

IMG_5401.JPG
It's also quite awesome that you can see the ride throughout the entire park. As well as on the highway which is right beside the park. You can't have any better advertising.

IMG_5412.JPG
This was a little fun ride we missed out last time. It's a mini drop tower that tilts from side to side as well, Loads of fun!

IMG_5421.JPG
The condor was up and running as well. These little Huss rides are underappreciated though. There can be so much power in these!

IMG_5424.JPG
More small rides appeared around the park. Including some cool physics learning stuff.

IMG_5425.JPG
Yes, here we are again! <3 Time for some more flights of the gods!

IMG_5451.JPG
This time winds were powerful enough to even start flipping before the entire ride was on it's highest point. <3

IMG_5485.JPG
Still prominent visible at the other end of the park. I'm sure it's that red color that helps!

20120529_131204.jpg
This time we managed to ride the little revolving house. I can't remember the story around it, but it was themed quite nice.

IMG_5503.JPG

IMG_5506.JPG

IMG_5514.JPG
These rides are also a lot of fun! Too bad it wasn't possible to splash people on the side.

IMG_5529.JPG
Hey look! Even other people managed to get those seats flipping upside down! It's not that hard!

IMG_5562.JPG
We've spotted some park entertainment for the kids as well. Treasure hunt, limbo and silly slapstick humor specially for the young ones.

IMG_5574.JPG
Learning Path. This is kinda why I love these German parks. They have to add stuff around the park where you can actually learn stuff from. Only then German schools are allowed to do a fieldtrip to the park. Simple but effective!

IMG_5538.JPG
Time to finish the day at this red devil. I recall a story that this ride was originally meant for Ferrari World in Dubai. But due delays or so that it was eventually put up for sale and bought by Belantis.

IMG_5541.JPG
I took so many pictures of various angles of all that weird and lovely shaping. It looks so wrong but it works so well.

IMG_5544.JPG

IMG_5552.JPG

IMG_5558.JPG

IMG_5600.JPG

IMG_5606.JPG

20120529_173616.jpg
Goodbye fun park and extremely fun ride. I wonder when my next visit will be. Perhaps around 2020 when Plohn opens their Mack Big Dipper?

Thanks for reading! If anyone wants more pictures of all those Huracan angles. Feel free to let me know.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post January 16th, 2018, 11:33 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Thanks for the photos dirk. I'm surprised you found Huracan rough but them again it looks like one of Gerstlauer's rides that suffers from wobbly track syndrome, so then again I can see it being that way.\

That park looks like a bunch of little bits spread out in a field. I wasn't expecting that. Thanks for posting the pictures, it's always neat to see something different.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post January 16th, 2018, 4:34 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Thanks for the photos and reviews! This is a park I've always found to be quite strange but it looks very fun!

Huracan definitely looks rough from videos and the cobra roll shaping is quite strange as well.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post January 21st, 2018, 6:23 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Nice trip report Dirk, not often we get to hear about these little off the beaten track parks!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post January 21st, 2018, 7:03 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
mkingy wrote:
Nice trip report Dirk, not often we get to hear about these little off the beaten track parks!

And that's mainly the reason I wanted to dive into my archives and make some use out of these taken pictures. :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports