Board index Public Relations Contests 2009 NLT - Finals RESULTS PG-5

2009 NLT - Finals RESULTS PG-5

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post April 14th, 2009, 3:07 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

CoasterCrazy 2009 NoLimits Tournament ????????? Finals ????????? Poison Snake Boxtrack

Congrats to making it to the finals. This last round will be free-for-all. Only one winner will take the prize.

This round you will build a B&M hypercoaster. But don't let their old-fashioned style limit you. Airtime is good, but just 8 ejector hills won't give you a winning track. Go the extra mile, think outside the box. (But don't break the rules).

The template can be found in the exchange, or by clicking here.

The Rules
Note that all measurements in the imperial system are rounded estimates, judging will be based on the metric measurements. Breaking the rules or changing the template will result in disqualification.

Coaster type must be Hyper 4-seat, and you must run 3 train with 12 cars per train. This is to simulate the new V-shape trains. (and is not open for discussion, deal with it [:D] ).

The track should go entirely above 60 meters (200 feet) at least once. Track and supports cannot go over 70 meters (230 feet) at any time. (Will be checked in editor)

The track must not be longer than 1600 meters (5250 feet).

Only 1 lift, no launches. Max. lift speed: 15 kph (9,3 mph). All other forms of transport: 10 kph (6,2 mph)

No track can be build outside the red lines and should stay in the orange area. (Will be checked in editor)

No supports or footers can be build outside the purple lines and should stay in the pink and orange area.(Will be checked in editor)

Only one station allowed and the station-track must be entirely within the blue, X-marked box. (Will be checked in editor)

Terraforming allowed, for for example: water splashes or tunneling, but no mountain ranges etc.. Scenery and scene objects are allowed and will be scored.

Submitting
You must upload your ride to the Coastercrazy exchange by 11:59 PM May 14th. You can only submit once. Please take note that the uploading takes time. If you start uploading at 11:58 you?????????ll most likely go over the deadline!

The Finalists
CKidd
Jakizle
ianko66
Kevin Brennan

If you have any questions regarding this round or the tournament itself, feel free to ask them in this topic.

Have fun and good luck!
Last edited by hyyyper on May 26th, 2009, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post April 14th, 2009, 4:06 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
=D I was hoping for an iSpeed round, but this is just as good. Now how the hell am I going to shape these hills right, haha.

Post April 14th, 2009, 4:19 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

So, Hyyyper, what were the rounds that got discarded?
What type of coaster would the competitors have to build?

Also, good luck guys!
I see there's going to be quite some competition...

Post April 14th, 2009, 5:09 pm

Points on hand: 1,541.00 Points
The template looks soo sick! Wish I was still in the contest :/

Post April 14th, 2009, 8:07 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I'm glad we have a whole month this time. It'll give the other 3 enough time to create something extremly good, and me enough time to create something just as bad as the other two rounds. This will be interesting for me to do though, is a water splash needed?
What are these for?

Post April 14th, 2009, 10:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

Ha! You never said anything about "no inversions" [;)]. I kind of like the 12 cars rule, as it gives me more momentum to throw around, and it's not like the forces or transitions ever get crazy on these coasters. Speaking of which, you'd better not underrate the more realistic rides because of "poor pacing" for this round!

In any case, thanks for giving me something to do for the second half of my spring break.

Post April 15th, 2009, 12:11 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Vid_w

So, Hyyyper, what were the rounds that got discarded?
What type of coaster would the competitors have to build?

Also, good luck guys!
I see there's going to be quite some competition...

There was a Prowler/Terminator round and a Eurofighter round planned.
I might host the GCI-contest on its own as the template is kick-ass.

Originally posted by Emerican7

The template looks soo sick! Wish I was still in the contest :/

It's not forbidden to use the template. Feel free to build your ride on it and upload it.

Originally posted by CKidd

This will be interesting for me to do though, is a water splash needed?

It is not. You should decide for yourself if it makes your ride better or not.

Originally posted by Kevin Brennan

Ha! You never said anything about "no inversions" [;)].

I did not, for good reason.

Speaking of which, you'd better not underrate the more realistic rides because of "poor pacing" for this round!

Pff using realism as an excuse to make a boring ride. Realistic or not, if your ride is slow, it'll get the points that go with a boring ride.

Post April 15th, 2009, 12:31 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

^So you tell us to build a B&M hyper but take off points for building a B&M hyper? Wow...

Post April 15th, 2009, 2:23 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^Yeah it's kinda weird if you put it like that. Basically, you need to use the B&M Hyper trains and track to make a kick-ass "Jakizle-hyper", "ianko66-hyper", "Kevin-Brennan-hyper" or "CKidd-hyper"

Post April 15th, 2009, 5:04 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
But yet you have to make sure they they're accurate enough to the real style to imply the use of the new real trains that are not available in the game instead of using those that are and making personal style hypers, or just letting the contestants use any track style. Basically you want them each to build the noobiest hyper possible. Classy.

Post April 15th, 2009, 6:11 am

Ha! You never said anything about "no inversions" [;)].

I did not, for good reason.

Speaking of which, you'd better not underrate the more realistic rides because of "poor pacing" for this round!

That was my idea instead of a splash
What are these for?

Post April 15th, 2009, 7:01 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by dcs221

But yet you have to make sure they they're accurate enough to the real style to imply the use of the new real trains that are not available in the game instead of using those that are and making personal style hypers, or just letting the contestants use any track style. Basically you want them each to build the noobiest hyper possible. Classy.

No. They have to build a hyper with a 4x12 B&M train. How they do it will determine how noob it is.

Post April 15th, 2009, 8:09 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Those 12 car trains are going to wreck pacing big time...

Post April 15th, 2009, 1:42 pm

Oh well atleast I have a month to figure it out...

Post April 15th, 2009, 1:43 pm

Points on hand: 1,492.00 Points
Although I'm not in the contest, I didn't know that B&M used anymore than 8 cars for any train. [?]
Sometimes you gotta sacrifice a little bit of yourself to get the job done.

Post April 15th, 2009, 2:17 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points

Post April 15th, 2009, 2:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,004.00 Points
Apollos Chariot, Nitro, Raging Bull and many more have 9 per train. The 12 car trains are *supposed* to represent the new design V trains.
Just keep scrolling...

Post April 15th, 2009, 3:20 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
If they do it based on what you want, they will be super noob tracks. That's what I did in 2006 and it worked out well...I just don't think it produced tracks that were all that great, including my own.

Post April 15th, 2009, 3:29 pm

Originally posted by Tetsu

^ They dont.

Uhm, yes they do. Every Mega before Behemoth has 9 cars.

Post April 15th, 2009, 3:55 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by dcs221

If they do it based on what you want, they will be super noob tracks. That's what I did in 2006 and it worked out well...I just don't think it produced tracks that were all that great, including my own.

Then tell me, how will they be super noob. 3 of the four finalists are very experienced with NL (sorry ckidd). Please tell me how the rules I put up suddenly turns them into noobs?

Post April 15th, 2009, 4:14 pm

I'm not offeneded at all. I know I'm not very good, even though its been a year and a half now
What are these for?

Post April 15th, 2009, 5:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,492.00 Points
I think what he is saying, that if they go ahead and follow the rules then they won't be as Big and Scary as the B&M style usually is, or like probably being a lot more tame and boring than usual, because of the long trains. But that's what I think he is saying. I don't think he called the person noob, just more of the tracks will be noobish because of the hard and unusual rule of 12 cars for a B&M track. (again that's how I saw it to be.)

But anyways, I'm going to try a create a track based on your rules and the template, even though I'm not in the contest.[:D] Should give me something to do in my spare time. Can't wait to see the final tracks.
Sometimes you gotta sacrifice a little bit of yourself to get the job done.

Post April 15th, 2009, 7:30 pm

Originally posted by hyyyper

Airtime is good, but just 8 ejector hills won't give you a winning track.

Because Megas don't do ejector! Thankfull hyyyper does know something after all! [lol]

Post April 15th, 2009, 7:43 pm

Different comapny I know but I get good airtime after the mcbr on steel force
What are these for?

Post April 15th, 2009, 8:05 pm

Morgans get pretty good air in the front and rear seats, but I find the middle cars really tame.

All B&M hypers have great air in the back seat...it's definitely the best place to ride. Nitro's hill after the 180* turnaround is probably the only B&M hyper hill that gave me substantial air in the front seat. I'm really interested to see how Goliath @ SFOG is this summer! (I will actually be there exactly 3 months from today!)

Next

Return to Contests