Board index Off Topic Board Fun and Games 2010 CoasterCrazy CoasterDraft [results page 4]

2010 CoasterCrazy CoasterDraft [results page 4]

All forum games go here.

Post August 31st, 2010, 2:01 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
Originally posted by gouldy

Originally posted by OblivionFreak

hahahaha sorry im new you might of noticed

Most epic post ever? Lol.

Post August 31st, 2010, 3:38 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by OblivionFreak

Im glad so many people are interested in what i say

Continue like that and I'm pretty sure you'll end up somewhere in CC the hall of shame.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post August 31st, 2010, 3:41 pm

Points on hand: 850.00 Points
i thought that was what you were trying to achieve with those profile pictures

Post August 31st, 2010, 4:16 pm
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

well back on topic, forget the troll.

I like the new rules, hyyyper. :) 8 rounds sounds good, great idea so people probably won't lose interest. However, I was wondering: In this case, couldn't there be more participants in the draft, like 3 more? (looking at the growing sign-ups list) That would mean 15*8=120 rounds, still less than 12*12=144. Plus the draft would be a bit more competitive because more coasters are picked. Just a suggestion though.

Oh, and I also like the "fill-up" rule! Should make it really interesting to be a back up drafter.

Post August 31st, 2010, 4:27 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Or just do unlimited signups? We did fine that way over on CS.

Post August 31st, 2010, 6:33 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Please stop feeding the Troll, He's getting kinda fat, and I don't want another guest of extraordinary size busting down the door of the guest relations office over a twinkie.

Post August 31st, 2010, 7:28 pm

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points

Post August 31st, 2010, 7:47 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

awww comon mikey, i just went and brought lots of troll food.

guess ill have to feed it to coasterkidmwm instead then
Making screams come true

Post September 1st, 2010, 12:41 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by Pad

well back on topic, forget the troll.

I like the new rules, hyyyper. :) 8 rounds sounds good, great idea so people probably won't lose interest. However, I was wondering: In this case, couldn't there be more participants in the draft, like 3 more? (looking at the growing sign-ups list) That would mean 15*8=120 rounds, still less than 12*12=144. Plus the draft would be a bit more competitive because more coasters are picked. Just a suggestion though.

Oh, and I also like the "fill-up" rule! Should make it really interesting to be a back up drafter.

Originally posted by Freddie

Or just do unlimited signups? We did fine that way over on CS.

I chanced the no. of coasters picked from 12 to 8, because this will make it harder to get a balanced park, as you can only pick eight. The problem with 12 coasters was that the draft took very long and interest was lost in the end because there were very few 'good' coasters left. It's something I want to try out, see how it works.

The number of drafters is a problem each year. The problem with this less drafters is that few people can participate. The problem with a large number of drafters is that the draft will take a long time. Also, if all the top-rated coasters are picked by the first 6 or so, the rest doesn't stand a chance.

That said, I have been thinking of making two separate drafts, or making teams of two or perhaps another way to have more people able to join.

Post September 1st, 2010, 1:21 am

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Picking a shitload of top rated coasters doesn't make a good park. Picking well rounded coasters that balance each other out is what makes a good park. We did 10 rounds on CS with unlimited spots and we did just fine there, with most people having very solid parks.

Post September 1st, 2010, 5:49 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

Originally posted by hyyyper

Also, if all the top-rated coasters are picked by the first 6 or so, the rest doesn't stand a chance.

I think that won't happen. With 12 drafters, everybody will get 2-3 top rated coasters in their park, if they want to.

I think making teams of two would make picking a bit too complicated. But the other idea - to run two separate drafts - sounds nice. Would be interesting to watch their differences, and vote between all parks in the end.

Post September 1st, 2010, 10:17 am

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Yeah. I like the idea of 2 drafts. But as for the good coasters being picked, there's atleast 5 to 10 new good picks, aside from good picks from last year. Just because Boulder Dash, The Voyage, and EGF are taken doesn't mean the draft gets boring.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post September 1st, 2010, 11:00 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
F it I'll join.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 1st, 2010, 11:56 am

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points

Post September 1st, 2010, 12:43 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Post September 1st, 2010, 2:21 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by devilsrule911

Where has cjd been?

Talking to jesus about dreaming from the point of view of the pregnant lady.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 1st, 2010, 2:54 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Ahahahahhaha.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post September 1st, 2010, 4:45 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post September 1st, 2010, 6:56 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
I'm in
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post September 1st, 2010, 7:01 pm

Points on hand: 1,004.00 Points
Nevermind, I don't think I'll be around much this year due to school. Sorry but please take me off the list. Thanks.
Just keep scrolling...

Post September 3rd, 2010, 4:27 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

OK people, we are doing really good with all the sign-ups. The possibility of doing a double draft is getting more and more likely. I will make my decision after the sign-up deadline this sunday.
Huh what, sign up deadline? Yes, that's right, you can still sign up, if you want, untill sunday 11:59 PM (CC time). Also, if you signed up, but your names isn't on the list yet, let me know, because I might have overlooked or forgotten you!

In other news, I have added a new rule (or in other words, I forgot one and put it back in):

Skipping Turns
Drafters can skip a turn. Simply by posting that they want to skip a turn (before their actual turn ends of course) they won't have to pick a coaster that round, and it also won't count as a 'missed turn'. Instead, the drafter can make up for the 'skipped pick' in his next turn.
This will come in handy when you will be away from the internet that round, or if you find out it is your turn 2 minutes before your deadline. In both cass, you simply post you want to skip the turn and you can pick 2 coasters in your next turn.
Every drafter can only skip 2 turns in the draft. If you skip two turns in a row, you can pick 3 coasters in your next turn (obviously).

Post September 5th, 2010, 6:30 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Post September 6th, 2010, 3:56 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Alright. The signups have been closed. Because of so many people signing up, I have decided that there will be two separate drafts this year, more on that later.

There were 24 sign-ups, plus all of the top-4 from last year accepted their invitations. This means 4 people from sign-ups will not be on the starting grid, but they will go on the back-up list. If a drafter get's DQ'd they will be able to take his place.

After eliminating 4 random sign-ups, 24 drafters remained. And they were didived between the two drafts, Alpha and Beta. If you are in one of the two drafts, please find the right topic and follow the instructions over there.

Alpha Draft
1. 19121
2. Tetsu
3. yoshifreak
4. maxamaxam
5. Vid_w
6. gazag
7. Jer
8. EElover2
9. devilsrule911
10.Jakizle
11.cjd
12.Austin

Beta Draft
1. gouldy
2. hyyyper
3. dmillz
4. fear the four
5. ianko66
6. Pad
7. Tidus
8. corn4ahead
9. Extraxyz
10.Coasterkidmwm
11.RideWarriorNation
12.slosprint

Back-up Players
1. Freddie
2. GavG
3. Flickstah
4. Jonny Richy

Post September 6th, 2010, 10:25 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Just one quick question: can a coaster be picked in the Beta group that has already been picked in the Alpha group or vice-versa?
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post September 6th, 2010, 11:58 am
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
How did you choose each side Hyyyper and for the sake of 2 more players on each team you could of let everyone join in the fun.

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games