Board index Public Relations Contests 2017 No Limits 2 Tournament - Final Results!

2017 No Limits 2 Tournament - Final Results!

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
I don't usually want to be the one doing this but I'd like to request an extension to the deadline of a few days to a week. I had to go on an impromptu trip and that combined with the curveball and the scope of my ride really threw off my expectations of when the ride will be done. Idk if anyone else feels the same way.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Points on hand: 7,716.00 Points
I agree with slosprint, an extension of the deadline would be good. :)

Points on hand: 559.00 Points
Bank: 2,934.00 Points

construction in progress, welcome to the park with the coaster over the waterfalls
screenshot-2017-07-08-21-43-57.png
Youtube: Rick Lemmen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-s8NoZm0nlO6magE0WQvQ
Homepark: Toverland - The Netherlands
Coaster count 88

Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

slosprint wrote:
I don't usually want to be the one doing this but I'd like to request an extension to the deadline of a few days to a week. I had to go on an impromptu trip and that combined with the curveball and the scope of my ride really threw off my expectations of when the ride will be done. Idk if anyone else feels the same way.

AceDFe19 wrote:
I agree with slosprint, an extension of the deadline would be good. :)

Unfortunately, this is not an option for this round. I can say that the next and last curveball (which comes out tomorrow) for this round is extremely easy and will NOT alter your ride in any way. The tournament has been laid out in the way where each round is 2 weeks giving enough time to complete a track which is plenty of time for a challenge of this caliber. This is a competition with prizes. Now, I completely understand if there is an extreme reason (such as a death in the family) for losing time, and if so please PM me right away and we can discuss other options regarding your submission. This is the same protocol we followed last year and we are trying to continue it in this structured way. Thank you for understanding and again PM me if there was an issue and I'd be more than happy to work with you on it.

Nemmel wrote:
construction in progress, welcome to the park with the coaster over the waterfalls
screenshot-2017-07-08-21-43-57.png

Looking awesome! Good luck!
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
6 days left, and I don't even have a full track yet, much less supports
What are these for?

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
Does a vertical loop situated entirely over water count as one water feature or two? (Enter/exit)

Ed: Similar question about launch interactions but I'm guessing I won't have a problem there; by my count I've got four or five.

poster-2017-07-10-09-44-22.png

Loops over water counts as 1 interaction. The track must pass between land and water for it to count

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points

Blase Rhine User avatar

zacattack1104 wrote:
Does a vertical loop situated entirely over water count as one water feature or two? (Enter/exit)

Ed: Similar question about launch interactions but I'm guessing I won't have a problem there; by my count I've got four or five.

poster-2017-07-10-09-44-22.png

Loops over water counts as 1 interaction. The track must pass between land and water for it to count. Good luck!

Blase Rhine User avatar

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vekoma Challenge- Curveball #2

For your second and final curveball for the Vekoma Challenge round you must now incorporate at MINIMUM 3 picnic roofs located in the No Limits 2 Library folder into your designs. These can be placed ANYWHERE as long as a section of the track is covered in some way. To locate this object follow the steps below:

Open No Limits 2 and navigate to the scenery tab. Click "Choose". Click "library". Navigate to the park folder and from there scroll to the "bench" folder. Scroll to the bottom and you will see an object named "Picnic Roof".

You may alter the colors to your preference.

Please note: If you do NOT include the curveballs to your final design the HIGHEST score you can get is a 50 for this round which can and will determine if you move to the next round or not as we have seen last year.

Remember ALL submissions MUST be submitted by July 15th at 11:59 EST.

-GOOD LUCK and let me know if you have any questions at all!

Points on hand: 1,747.00 Points
Can I change the textures of the picnic roof? They are killing the "futuristic utopia" theme I have going so far...

Points on hand: 1,411.00 Points
JetPulse wrote:
Can I change the textures of the picnic roof? They are killing the "futuristic utopia" theme I have going so far...

Yes, double click on the picnic element and you can change the color of it.

Points on hand: 1,747.00 Points
I mean flat out change the textures. Like, change the wood to a metal and change the shingles to something else.

Blase Rhine User avatar

^ Yeah if you want to go right ahead! There are no "hidden" rules on this curveball so have fun with it!

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
TFW you bypass both the tunnel and the Picnic Roof curveballs by making a mine shaft and cavern entirely out of picnic roofs and cubes with dirt textures.

Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

afro85 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 81.00 Points
Bank: 26,937.70 Points

Mine looks like a potato compared to these.
What are these for?

Points on hand: 3,123.00 Points
Emailed/Submitted/uploaded/nervous

I used the HD Foliage pack, but it doesn't show up on the listing when I go to package the park. I hope it packages, cuz I used a lot of that. I'll have to test with a friend, not part of the contest.

PS. The auto response email displays a 2016 graphic

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
Can someone clarify if this is due at 11:59.59 PM on the 14th or 11:59:59 PM on the 15th?

I hate "midnight" deadlines.

Points on hand: 1,642.00 Points

zacattack1104 wrote:
Can someone clarify if this is due at 11:59.59 PM on the 14th or 11:59:59 PM on the 15th?

I hate "midnight" deadlines.

The first round ends on the 15th at 11:59:59 PM.

I doubt I'll finish in time, but I like what I have so far. Oh well, what I get for cramming a busy summer
What are these for?

Blase Rhine User avatar

Well I guess I have a small kind heart and have decided to give you all another Curveball!...

Curveball #3

For this curveball, we have decided to grant the participants 1 extra day for the submissions. This means that the deadline is July 16th by 11:59pm EST. Hopefully this extra day will help some people.

Good luck!

PreviousNext

Return to Contests