Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! 20Hr Rollercoaster Charity Challenge

20Hr Rollercoaster Charity Challenge

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 5th, 2011, 10:02 am
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
A FEARLESS man completed 20 hours of an epic two-day rollercoaster ride challenge for charity at the weekend.

Darren Brettell, 31, of Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire managed 140 laps while riding the Millennium Rollercoaster at Fantasy Island, Ingoldmells on Saturday and Sunday.
Darren said: ??????I decided to do the challenge because my mum passed away a few years ago and I enjoy riding rollercoasters and visiting Fantasy Island so I thought it was a brilliant way to combine the two.??????

A total of ?????365 was raised from Darren??????s amazing courage which will donated to the charity, Cancer Research UK shortly.

Darren added: ??????I want to say a big thank you to Fantasy Island for all their support and helping me organise the event.??????

A certificate was presented to Darren by Fantasy Island, once he had managed his 20 hours even though he originally intended to complete 24 hours over two days.

??????I started to feel dizzy after a while and I managed to complete 20 hours of my target,?????? said Darren.

A spokesperson for Fantasy Island, said: ??????We are pleased that we could help Darren in his charity event and would like to congratulate him for his efforts and success.

??????Cancer Research is an extremely worthy cause and we would like to contribute to bring his total funds raised to ?????500.??????

Darren added: ??????Thanks so much for the contribution. I am so grateful for the support from Fantasy Island.

??????In the future I will maybe ride a wooden rollercoaster, that would be a bit different something to think about for next year.
Source

Post August 5th, 2011, 10:47 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,858.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

He raised ?????????500? pffffft.

Didn't pick a particularly good coaster to do it on, did he? [lol]

Post August 5th, 2011, 11:00 am
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
I know he didn't raise much and also no not the best coaster to choose at all, but probably just the closest to him.

It has gave me an idea though......

Post August 5th, 2011, 11:43 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,858.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

yeah, it's definitely something I'd like to do. I'm assuming it becaomes easier to do when you can say it's for charity. Doubt you'd get Alton Towers to agree to it though, unless it was on a fairly large scale and they were therefore going to get national press (advertisment) from it.

Post August 5th, 2011, 2:09 pm

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
20 hours on a Vekoma. This man is tough.
Big ups.
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post August 5th, 2011, 4:42 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

no. fantacy island coasters even the vekomas are actually very smooth. i know i was there a few weeks ago and will be there again soon

20 hours over 2 days though, pfft. in 1 stint ok but over 2 days is pretty rubbish and with the cycle time of that coaster it would be a ride ever 3-4 mins so he got lots of rest between to. plus ?????????500, he wasent trying very hard was he.

man needs to sort his prioritys and try to actually do somthing challangeing

Making screams come true

Post August 5th, 2011, 5:29 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
I'd do it on Nemmie.But though guy until I read gaz' post

Post August 5th, 2011, 9:03 pm

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
WOW.. 500 pounds..
thats not very much at all, just probably pays for the test tubes and such.
now if he had a whole train full of people, they could have raised alot more and made it into a annual event too :D

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!