Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster 3D Object Removal

3D Object Removal

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post August 5th, 2003, 1:35 am

Points on hand: 2,167.00 Points
Hey guys, I'm new to No Limits and am working on my first track. FYI, it's a standup coaster. Anyways, I added some 3DS objects to the track that now I don't want. Is there anyway to remove these from my file? (I don't mean that I accidentally put them in and now want to to take them out. For that I can select them and hit the delete button. But I mean I selected them from the object list, but now want to remove them from the file itself.) Thanks!

Post August 5th, 2003, 1:46 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

You want to remove them from the track or from your NL objects folder? Well if you want to remove them from your track all you have to do is highlight the object and then press delete, or from your NL objects folder go to start > run > browse > go into your NL onjects folder and delete the files.

Post August 5th, 2003, 2:13 am

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I tried to be but oh well.[:D] I didn't want to do either of those. Let me try to explain in detail. I am using 3DS in my track. I had the objects in my object folder. In the editor, I loaded them from the object folder into my track file via the Choose Scenery Object button. However, some pieces of 3DS, I now decided I don't want. So I highlighted them and deleted them from the track. However, I also want to remove them from the track file so that it doesn't take so long to load in the simulator, and also so the file size is smaller. I don't want to delete it from my object folder, because then I wouldn't have the object anymore. Even if I did, the track file would still contain the reference to the object, keeping the file size up and the load time long. And even though the object wasn't in the object folder, the simulator would just carry on like it was. I hope that explains it.

Post August 5th, 2003, 2:28 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

oh, ok, it may just be because im stupid like many people know already.

Well, you can download the NL toolbox here at http://www.coastersims.com/tia/toolbox.htm

when you get that up and running and stuff do this:

1. open your track file.
2. On the left hand menu there will be a list of stuff you can do with your track, somewhere near the top it'll say "Remove Data", Click it.
3. When the list shows up where you can check and uncheck stuff, check "3D Objects"
4. On the bottom click "Remove Selected Data"
5. Click the save option, then save it (obviously thats what you do)
6. Exit out of the toolbox if you would like to
7. That should be it and it SHOULD work

Post August 5th, 2003, 2:43 am

Nope that didn't do it. It's not your fault though, I would have thought the same thing. The problem is that in the Toolbox, the remove 3D Object option simply "higlights and hits the delete button" for all the objects in the track all at once. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Post August 5th, 2003, 2:53 am

Points on hand: 1,968.00 Points

well I tried the toolbox feature earlier and it didn't work but for some reason I kept at it and it did end up working

Return to No Limits Coaster