Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 A futuristic Park: Aterriya

A futuristic Park: Aterriya

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post October 2nd, 2014, 4:45 am

Points on hand: 809.00 Points
Hi.
The last couple of month i was focused on the Steam Page only to get used to valves system.
Here is something i build to test the Workshop (as soon as it gets implemented)

Steam-Link: http://steamcommunity.com/app/301320/discussions/1/616189742683668002/

Youtube video:
Feel free to comment, like and subscripe to keep track of updates.
Its not easy for me, to post updates on all forums at once :/

Description (Copied from Steam):

Pre Story

(I hope, i didnt make to much grammar/spelling mistakes, because its a long text...)

Aterriya is a city in a far future of the earth. Humanity has archived interstellar travel and discovered a new lifeforms on another planet.
the lifeforms on the "alien planet" developed simillar to the lifeforms of the earth, but a different species become the dominant lifeform there.

they looked like a mashup between Humans and Foxes...
And because of that, all Sci Fi - Fans got shocked, because most humans expected "Aliens"
would look like the ones from the old "Area 51 - Movies".
These Aliens called themself "Kaijaan".

Maybe the Asteroid, which brought the life to the earth got torn apart
hundreds of lightyears away and the same type of DNA landed on 2 different planets.
That would explain the coincidence.

After around one decade, a traiding rounte was established and the new interstellar accelerators got installed.
Those accelerators creates 2 wormhole exitpoints and connects them together.
With them, a spaceship is capable to travel the huge distance in 5 secounds.

To avoid the "Spagettification effect" of wormholes, the spaceship first gets "buffered" in a supspace bubble
befor the atomization process kicks in. Then those atoms get send to the other side of the wormhole.

Another century later, there were build enough trust, to let both species life on the main planets.
Not in all cities but some of them.

One of those cities is Aterriya, located on Earth, Nevada.
Why Nevada? Maybe because Area 51 wants to keep an eye on thoses Kaijaans

About the Park

The park is located in the center of the city, covered by a protective energy
shield to keep the visitors save from sandstorms and ion storms.

The entrance price will be paid by a 3D Face scanner.
"Yes We Scan!" seems still to work in the future, but nobody cares about it.

Currently the park is still in build, but one hybrid-coaster is already working.
Its called "Solaris" and explains the story of the first interstellar traiding ship between Humans and Kaijaan.

About the Coaster

Further Information about the coasters in this park

Solaris
Solaris is based on the story of the first interstellar traiding ship, which transported one of the exit-nodes for the wormhole to the capital planet of the Kaijaans.

It was equipped with an M/AM Engine and a Warpdrive.
Even with a Warpdive, the travle took around one year. (Mostly because this ship had to stop every few lightyears...)

Authors note

This will be one of my 2 big Steam-Workshop parks.
Why only 2 Parks?
This park uses low-quality textures and is still around 350 MB big (packed). Unpacked around 1/2 Gigabyte.

This is all Work in progress and i think its a never ending process.
I hope i can later update those workshop files and with a subscription,
you'll always have the Up-To-Date version

further notes / Bonus

The story is based on the X-Universe (X-Beyound the Frontier) and my own conceptional story for a "SciFi / Fantasy RPG", i want to create with my brother
in the future.
It pulls up one question:

Why does most aliens in movies look like reptiles or are based on the older Rosswell / Area 51 movies.
And so i came up with a complete different look for thoses "Aliens".

Starwars also did this with the design of the Ewoks / Wookies.

I also think, that the explanation why there could be 2 species on different planets with slightly differen developed DNA's could work
(as long as Darwin's theorie also applied on different planets AND the base DNA that brought life to our planet also got on a different planet)... ^^
Ok... its far more likely to win 6x in a row in a lottery with a chance to win about 1:3.000.000 ^^

Post October 2nd, 2014, 12:04 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

This looks really cool!
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post October 2nd, 2014, 12:12 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

I really like the story behind all of it. Looks very interesting.
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post October 3rd, 2014, 9:56 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2