Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion A very random drive to Toronto....

A very random drive to Toronto....

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 21st, 2006, 2:47 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Very random, but I am bored and I don't really have the energy to start packing my stuff for the big move next week (more on that later....[8D] And if you already know where I am going, please don't say where as I am going to make a guessing game out of my trip), so here is a random drive to Toronto that I did yesterday;

Starting out in my town. Can anyone name which Chris Farley movie this gas station was in?

The new hospital expansion (which they ran out of money for halfway through construction 2 years ago!!).

highway..traffic looks decent so far

Getting closer...

Yay, bmw m3

omfg, round the turn and its nothing but gridlock

Though, it wasn't the worst traffic I've seen in Toronto. Some days you can put your car into park and turn it off for 10 minutes before moving again.

It doesn't really look like there is a big city in this picture.

The suicide bridge. All those things on the edge at the top are to top idiots from jumping off into the valley below.

Thar she blows!!

Not sure what this building is for.

NEVER take your girlfriend here, unless you really want your wallet to be emptied before you can utter "WTF shopping blows!"

Shortly after taking this picture, some dude ran out in front of my car and yelled "Jesus has saved me once again!" I wonder what he would have said if I made him my new hood ornament.

The leaning tower of Torontonia.

w00t, hockey!

Can you count how many windows are in this picture?

This hotel is too good for my business.

If you look closely you can see a bunch of poop hawks swooping in for a meal from the vending trucks!

streetcar

A big BMW dealership

This guys car is worth 5 times more than mine. Want to swap rides?

Ah crap...my camera just erased the rest of the pictures, no pictures of the horrendous traffic on the way home. :evil:
Oh well, that was my really random drive to Toronto. Enjoy!

Post June 21st, 2006, 3:07 pm

Points on hand: 136.00 Points

That CN-tower looks soo cool, I've heard people have poop their pants while they were walking over de glass floor [:)]

Post June 21st, 2006, 3:11 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by Canadmos

Shortly after taking this picture, some dude ran out in front of my car and yelled "Jesus has saved me once again!" I wonder what he would have said if I made him my new hood ornament.

How did Tcon know where to find you?

Post June 21st, 2006, 4:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

You maniac, you are driving on the wrong side of the road!

Post June 21st, 2006, 4:08 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, theres no emergency exit.

so if the buildings on fire can you only get in there and not out?
Making screams come true

Post June 21st, 2006, 4:40 pm

Points on hand: 1,700.00 Points

This guys car is worth 5 times more than mine. Want to swap rides?

Woot! I must say the CLS is one of the sexiest sedans I've ever seen (bit of an oxymoron though). So yea, around where I live, people (the one's who can afford them) go for the semi-exotics, so I see wayyy to many SLK's being driven by people who think they know how to handle high-preformance cars (while they probably got the damn thing in an automatic) instead of Beamer beauties or some real Mercedes.

Post June 21st, 2006, 4:52 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

You have guards to stop people jumping off the bridge! Thats well better than here. I live right near the humber bridge (which my dads company built [:D]) and its absolutely massive:

We always get people jumping off [:(] Not just adults either, like a few months ago, a woman jumped off with her kid! [:(] Why dont we have stuff like that? [:(]

Post June 21st, 2006, 5:00 pm

Points on hand: 5,408.00 Points
Hmmm. Canada looks like the US, besides the BMW dealership
-Ryan

Post June 21st, 2006, 7:13 pm

^What did you expect? Snow, polar bears and igloos?

Post June 21st, 2006, 7:15 pm

Points on hand: 5,408.00 Points

Post June 21st, 2006, 7:19 pm

Post June 21st, 2006, 10:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Originally posted by ExTraxYz

That CN-tower looks soo cool, I've heard people have poop their pants while they were walking over de glass floor [:)]

Ha, yea i think thats probably true...when i went up there on the march break with my family, i pushed my sis onto it and she freaked out. Some people wouldn't even go near it, and when they did, they would like crawl on the floor[lol]

Post June 21st, 2006, 10:40 pm

Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points

^ hahah, as if crawling is going to keep you from falling to your death if the glass breaks (very unlikely, i know) [LOL]

Post June 21st, 2006, 11:04 pm

The best thing to do is when you see someone go on it who obvious hates it, is to go running past them stomping on the glass.

Post June 21st, 2006, 11:28 pm

Points on hand: 711.00 Points
I actually just got home from a small vacation to Canada. But we went to Niagara Falls, not Toronto. It was a chance for GREAT pictures...including from the top of the Skylon Tower!

I absolutely LOVE Canada! I would live there if I could, cause its great.

Post June 21st, 2006, 11:32 pm

Points on hand: 1,700.00 Points
^[lol] It is a great view though. I just wish they would clean the underside more, of which I still have a hard time figuring out how it gets so dirty in the first place.

Actually, the one thing that really did freak me out was that: on windy days, realative to only the main pod thingy, the space (top) pod will shift up to three feet to either side, and the elevators would get stuck utill the wind died down[xx(].

Post June 22nd, 2006, 2:13 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
The Cn tower its not that freaky, i went there like 4 years ago with my skool, and it was so much fun walking on the glass floor and you have to chew gun wen your in the elevator cause your ears pops, and that eaton center its verry expensive that where you find the hockey all of fame.

well that was a nice trip with the skool that we did, and the other day we went to PCW, woot!!.

Return to Off Topic Discussion