Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Agony Creek Mining Outpost [RCT2]

Agony Creek Mining Outpost [RCT2]

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post February 13th, 2007, 5:37 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
This is a park I started about two years ago (February 18th 05 to be exact) It's a 60*60 park, with kind of a wooden/mine theme. Park2 is just the project name, and whenever I think of something clever I'l post it here. Lately I've picked it up again. There is still lots to do, but I decided it was time to show of what I got.

This is the early start, with the first coaster, an inverted.

Here some of the theming has started

And this is the completed area:

More pics coming soon[:)]
Last edited by Nosferatu on September 30th, 2007, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post February 14th, 2007, 6:31 am

I soon decided that the next ride had to be a woodie. This is a pic of the first attempt.

But I never was happy with that one, and I decided to rebuild it.

The final lay-out. This time I tried to go for a GCI inspired design, and I'm very happy with the lay-out.

And here is how it looks with the theming I finished recently.

Tomorrow I'll post pics of the major water ride in the park.
Comments are welcome[:)]

Post February 16th, 2007, 10:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points
Wow, X has returned.

I realise i am not really one to talk, this being the first time i have logged in in an absolute age, but i felt i should say it. Might have to dust off the old disk and my pc again (i'm a mac nerd now)

Keep us updated.

Post February 16th, 2007, 11:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

Wow. I missed this. Looks really nice X. Keep working!

Post February 17th, 2007, 4:56 pm

Originally posted by Carlosio

Wow, X has returned.

I realise i am not really one to talk, this being the first time i have logged in in an absolute age, but i felt i should say it. Might have to dust off the old disk and my pc again (i'm a mac nerd now)

Keep us updated.

Great to see you back too! It's been a long time. You absolutely should do that![;)] It would be fun. I've been thinking lately about starting a community park on the site, and it would definitely be great if you could join!

A Mac nerd? You disappoint me. Didn't think you would sink that low [:p]

The final batch of screens for now. The first show of the parks major water ride, before getting any theming or terrain.
And with terrain. The yellow roofs are to be replaced with waterfalls, but I didn't have them in the scenario.
And the final look of it, with theming.
This is the start of the entry plaza:
The latest coaster in the park, a dive machine:
I've started some theming, but expect this, especially the station to change a lot.
The entrance as of today:
And finally an overview of the whole park at its current status.

Still a lot to do, but I really feel like I'm going to finish this one. I'll keep you posted when I do some progress.

Post February 17th, 2007, 9:35 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
I like this. The themeing and terrain really got me :]

Post February 18th, 2007, 4:03 am

Points on hand: 4,068.00 Points

Post February 18th, 2007, 6:09 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

Wow, makes me feel nostalgic, gotta love classic RCT2 goodness! Everything looks terriffic, great theming, love the woodie... The dive machine looks too RCT-y for my tastes, huge drop and tiny elements... ;) but well, can't like everything in a park. Lookin Great!!

Post February 18th, 2007, 8:26 am

Thanks for the nice comments![:)]

Originally posted by Pad

Wow, makes me feel nostalgic, gotta love classic RCT2 goodness! Everything looks terriffic, great theming, love the woodie... The dive machine looks too RCT-y for my tastes, huge drop and tiny elements... ;) but well, can't like everything in a park. Lookin Great!!

Yeah I realize that, but I also think this is as close as you can come to adapting the real dive machine style in rct2. Of course it would look much better with a more drawn out drop, and an immelman in stead of the top hat[;)]

Post February 18th, 2007, 11:32 am

Post February 18th, 2007, 12:37 pm

Yeah. They are to be replaced with those sloping water falls. But I forgot to include them in the scenario, so I will have to add them when I finish the park[:)]

Post February 18th, 2007, 2:34 pm

Post February 19th, 2007, 12:11 am
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points

Post September 25th, 2007, 3:54 pm

Hehe..This topic is a good representation of my progress when working on parks, and explains why my first file of this park is from early 2005[;)]

Anyways, I think I'm actually finish! Its a pretty big day for me, since its about the third time I've actually completed a park in rct2[;)] What I'm looking for now is a "tester". Someone that will take a good look at the park, see if I've forgotten something, what eventually can be improved etc. I'm looking for someone that knows what they are talking about[;)]Anyone interested, drop your e-mail here[:)]

Also, any name suggestions are welcome. For rides, coasters, shops or the park itself. At the moment it's called Agony Creek Mining Outpost. Does it sound silly? Any input appreciated! I'll leave you with a picture.

Post September 29th, 2007, 3:56 am

The response is tremendous![;)]

Return to Hard Hat Area