Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Alton Towers - 04/11/07

Alton Towers - 04/11/07

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post April 11th, 2007, 7:27 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
After a un-eventful drive there (bar a lorry driving attempting to push us off the road....) we arrived at about 10:30. I got my annual pass sorted and my friend also picked up his tickets, and we headed inwards.

The weather had forecast low visibility yet warmest of the week. Fortunately, it lived up to the second promise, as me enjoyed sunshine for the better part of the entire day. First we heading over to Forbidden Valley, and much to our delight both Air and Nemesis seemed to be running smoothly. We opted for Air, on the fact that it was more than likely to break down sometime, making the que much longer. The ride suffered a short hiccup, but none-the-less we managed to get on in about 40 minutes on the second row. I think it was just cause i haevn't ridden a coaster for a while, but it seemed quicker than i last remembered. Was a good ride, love the heartline twist :D Next up, obviously, was Nemesis. It was a short 20 minute que to the station before opting for the front row. Fantastic ride, had the odd bump (noticed one just after the loop) however, not a patch on corkscrew :P. Oh yeah, the fountains were running, but Nemesis has been on a diet as there doesn't seem to be any blood in the water...

Next up we headed toward UGLand, skyride wasn't worth the wait (so i can't tell you what the new soundtrack is like), so we made our way through the gardens and came out behind UG swinger. We took advantage of the single ride que on Rita, and somehow managed to both get in the same car (next to each other). Second row from the back, gave some decent airtime, especially as i wasn't stapled into my seat :D. Corkscrew was next up, smooth as usual. We braved the back seats... Both of us being tall, we got away from the side to side head banging, however, as our shoulders touched the harness before our legs, whenever we experienced airtime we just sort of crumpled up... not the best feeling ever!

We continued on to X-Sector, and single rider'd Oblivion. Maybe a one trick pony, but that drop is always something to enjoy :D We then headed off and had some lunch. Must impress even though the normal que for oblivion was slightly large, the workers seemed to be putting the cars through extremely efficiently.

After lunch we hit up Spinball Wizzer (single rider que is DEFINATELY the way to go on this one!) As with Rita, completely out of place, but definitely a decent ride in my opinion. We headed up through Merry England and hit up the Teacups, a must for those who like spinning round in circles xD, followed shortly by the flume. Unluckily for me I opted for the front seat, and with the addition of two adults behind me and my mate, the boat was sufficiently weighed down to send a good deal of water onto my lap.

After a wander around trying to get dry, we headed by up and got another front row ride of nemesis, the que of similar length as before. Again, it impressed as it always does for me, especially being the first larger ride i ever rode on. We then managed to squeeze a classic ride out of Enterprise before making Oblivion front row our last ride of the day. Facefull of dry ice - yum :D

Ride Count:
Air
Nemesis x2
Rita
Corkscrew
Oblivion x2
Spinball Whizzer
Teacups
The Flume
Enterprise

Also to note: Runaway Mine Train was running and the haunted Hollow was abit lame :/
Last edited by mkingy on April 11th, 2007, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post April 11th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
what does "Alton Towers - 11/04/17" mean? November 4th, 2017?
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post April 11th, 2007, 7:32 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
ahah. Well i almost put the 12th first time around... i thought i'd got the date right xD
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports