Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Alton Towers to get a "Roller Coster restaurant" next year!

Alton Towers to get a "Roller Coster restaurant" next year!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,263.00 Points
(source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LlXbcM2Pso (15:56)) yes, according to Theme Park Worldwide, Alton Towers will be getting a "Roller Coaster Restaurant next year (2016)! for those of you who don't know, it is a restaurant where, once the food is ordered, it it delivered to your table by a system of tracks, like a marble run! this will be the first in the UK as well, below is a guide to how it will work:

1: diners say how many people are in their group, then get allocated a table and are each given a card.
2: each table has computer screens on it, each diner selects what they would like, confirms their seat number, scans their card, and within just minutes their order comes whizzing down a spiral ramp in the center of the table.

i am personally very exited about this, and cannot wait to try it out, but what do you think?
Last edited by skyscraper on September 4th, 2015, 3:33 am, edited 5 times in total.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
OMG FINALLY WE LEARN WHAT SW8 IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

not entirely sure where the restaurant will be located, though.
Last edited by skyscraper on August 29th, 2015, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Likely to be installed in what ever area replaces smiler?

mrcrolly wrote:
Could it be where the AIR expansion is?

eh?

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
^lolol

In all serious, Smiler will never go down. Way too much money to be built, it will be rethemed and fixed up. Atleast that's my prediction.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
skyscraper wrote:
mrcrolly wrote:
Could it be where the AIR expansion is?

eh?

AIR is getting some additional themeing added to it. This restaurant is meant to be a redevelopment of the existing AIR shop with an additional extension (source: Stoke Sentinel)
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Reminds me of "Food Loop" about 10 years ago. I literally got surprised at that! That indeed was an eye opener! Check out this link if you want to: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Lo42U9IKrD4/maxresdefault.jpg
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!